There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

ESPN - Future Power Rankings - #1 49ers

Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nfcwest&id=102732

49ers will be just fine. The mirror images are deliberate. SEA is trying to match up with us in every way possible as well as the entire division. This is no secret and Pete Carroll just got done saying it this week. We are pushing SEA to match up to keep pace with us. It is obvious to serious followers. But York Baalke and Harbaugh >>> Allen Schneider and Carroll and our team will have the better coming decade
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
FYI:

Based on their power ranking system:

1. 49ers - 87.5
  2. Packers - 83.63
  3. Seahawks - 82.58
  4. Ravens - 82.42
  5. Patriots - 76.83
  6. Falcons - 75.13
  7. Giants - 72.08
  8. Rams - 69.75
  9. Colts - 69.75
  10. Saints - 68.79
Interesting that the Redskins didn't make the list and the Rams did

wow they rated us almost an entire 4 points a head of every other teams... they are giving us much respect ... just hope we can live up to that standard with a championship or 2 or 3 in the next few years or so!!!
divine article
Originally posted by ninerfan1984:
FYI:

1. 49ers - 87.5
  2. Packers - 83.63
  3. Seahawks - 82.58
  4. Ravens - 82.42
  5. Patriots - 76.83
  6. Falcons - 75.13
  7. Giants - 72.08
  8. Rams - 69.75
  9. Colts - 69.75
  10. Saints - 68.79

wow they rated us almost an entire 4 points a head of every other teams... they are giving us much respect ... just hope we can live up to that standard with a championship or 2 or 3 in the next few years or so!!!

Massive respect, and to the NFC and in particular the West.

Hats off to Baalke for getting us here. Up to Harbaugh now.
[ Edited by English on Jun 22, 2013 at 3:54 AM ]
All these rankings mean absolutely...nothing. Sure, it's nice to hear the Niners are #1, but so what. They'll have to prove it on the field, which I'm confident they'll do. Pre-season rankings are just ridiculous, in all sports, college and pro. I wish the media would get past that and just report what they see on the field.
I still can't believe we got Harbaugh.
Originally posted by tondiman:

Woooo!

I thought my head was going to explode in the 48 hours before he signed him. According to ESPN Stanford was going to sign him back, but then Elway was going to sign him, and then Stephen Ross flies out here even though he hadn't fired Sparano and Harbaugh was now the new head coach of the Dolphins, etc.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by ninerfan1984:
FYI:

1. 49ers - 87.5
  2. Packers - 83.63
  3. Seahawks - 82.58
  4. Ravens - 82.42
  5. Patriots - 76.83
  6. Falcons - 75.13
  7. Giants - 72.08
  8. Rams - 69.75
  9. Colts - 69.75
  10. Saints - 68.79

Massive respect, and to the NFL and in particular the West.

Hats off to Baalke for getting us here. Up to Harbaugh now.

Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

I thought my head was going to explode in the 48 hours before he signed him. According to ESPN Stanford was going to sign him back, but then Elway was going to sign him, and then Stephen Ross flies out here even though he hadn't fired Sparano and Harbaugh was now the new head coach of the Dolphins, etc.

Me too, I was actually shocked when we did sign him.
FYI:

1. 49ers - 87.5
  2. Packers - 83.63
  3. Seahawks - 82.58
  4. Ravens - 82.42
  5. Patriots - 76.83
  6. Falcons - 75.13
  7. Giants - 72.08
  8. Rams - 69.75
  9. Colts - 69.75
  10. Saints - 68.79

This Seahawk nonsense leaves me shaking my head. How can a team with a LOSING record on the road, be thought of as the third best team in the league?
Good teams WIN on the road. That is what separates the best teams from the pretenders. The Seahawks are a product of their massive home field advantage.

The Falcons still get no credit for having the best record in the NFL and losing to the best team in the NFL in the closing seconds of the NFC championship game.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

One Zoner called it like 3 months prior to the hiring. Forgot who it was but dang, it's like the York's and Baalke read the zone, see the advice, and follow it!
IT'S A JINX
SOOOOO HAPPY singletary got fired. He was such a dope. I drove 15 miles to have a cigar with my niners buds when I heard the news. And then, boom, harbaugh. Had a cigar and a beer. The only way I'd be happier about where the team is would be if we hadnt been cheated out of a superbowl.
NY Giants fan here. I've been reading here and there how the Niner's are the team to beat or how they are now a dynasty. I respect the Niners, but is it too much to ask that the 49ers WIN SOMETHING FIRST before we declare them the team to beat in the NFL?

The Ravens have had a better track record than the 49ers in the last two years (in addition to the last five years) and have a young QB who's going into his prime. What have the 49ers accomplished these last to years that the Ravens haven't? I can tell you what the Ravens have accomplished that the 49ers haven't. Same with the Giants, Saints, Pats and Steelers...and all of those teams have been successful for a much longer time and have gotten more results.

The bottom line is this, the 49ers have accomplished nothing as of recent that would make them THE team to beat in the NFL. Scores of other teams have accomplished what they've accomplished recently. They're not the most successful franchise in the last ten years. They're not the most successful franchise in the last five seasons. They're not even the most successful franchise in the last two seasons, that distinction goes to the Ravens.

49ers are a good team, but you're talking potential dynasties. You have to win one before you can even use the word dynasty without being laughed at. In conclusion, WIN SOMETHING FIRST! Then puff your chest. For now, keep your head down and your eye on the prize.
[ Edited by AllDente on Jun 24, 2013 at 6:46 PM ]