There are 148 users in the forums

49ERS EXTENDED JUSTIN SMITHS CONTRACT

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
"They wanted me here, I wanted to be here so that makes it easy." I love JS, a simple no-nonsense guy who doesn't B.S. and kicks ass.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

This sounds like a vote of confidence from Justin Smith and the Front Office that they think he has a solid two more years left fulfilling his role on defense. Which is about as good as you can ask for. Hopefully it gives plenty of time to groom the new guys so there isn't a huge drop off.

I'd love to have heard what Bushrod had to say about that play the next day in the film room. Justin Smith is by far my favorite player. After Lott he may be my favorite defensive player ever.
Terrible news......if you play QB or Oline against the 49ers over the next three years!! I can almost hear the sound of Seahawk fans hopes bursting.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by British9er:
Terrible news......if you play QB or Oline against the 49ers over the next three years!! I can almost hear the sound of Seahawk fans hopes bursting.

well the seahawks now have to make a move to counter us in this game we play,,, maybe they will go out and sign chilo rachael
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 4m Justin Smith no longer represented by CAA. evidently, he negotiated his two-year extension himself. Talented guy that Justin Smith... #49ers

he was smart! doesn't have to pay an agent anymore. If only all players were as smart as he is.
Cowboy Up....!
Justin Smith is a man-beast. He looks like a genetic mutant. Incredibly strong.

Championship.
[ Edited by xtm059 on Jun 19, 2013 at 3:35 PM ]
Any guesses on the numbers? Here is mine:

7.5 signing bonus. 2.5 base each year w/this year guaranteed. Is that way to wishful? Gives us 3 million extra this year.

Chris
Originally posted by Baldie:
he was smart! doesn't have to pay an agent anymore. If only all players were as smart as he is.

It depends, as a rookie you don't need it like before as there is a rookie pool that is set, however, how many have the time to read all the loop holes. You don't know if you really going to last so you want every penny you can get. At the end of the career, you can figure your worth. However, when you are inbetween, like Dashon was, you want a professional, who can get you the most money up front, with reachable elevators. Remeber these kids are not all business majors or accounts or lawyers.

I've seen a lot of smart people still get messed up with contracts. Especially if you got a guy like the 49ers Paraag, he will do whats right, but don't think he wouldn't eat you alive in the 49ers favor.

All I know is Justin got booted from a game for tapping an official to explain something to him. The opposing offensive tackle said later he knew the rest of his day was going to be easy. I forget the OT's name, but he stated he absolutely hated when he lined up Justin Smith because he would bring it every game and pound the crap outta him.

Gotta love the signing.
Originally posted by cciowa:
well the seahawks now have to make a move to counter us in this game we play,,, maybe they will go out and sign chilo rachael

The sea chickens are talented but young, but can't wait to see what happens in 3-4 years when their big mouth self centered players say me first, show me the money. Especially when they have to resign Wilson also.
He wasn't there for the Seahawk's Super Bowl. He'll be there in week 2. I can't wait. I bet he can't wait either.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
He wasn't there for the Seahawk's Super Bowl. He'll be there in week 2. I can't wait. I bet he can't wait either.

Seahawks vs. a pair of healthy Smith Brothers + the rest of our defense? Can't wait.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I'd love to have heard what Bushrod had to say about that play the next day in the film room.

They didn't have film study the next day. The 49ers were nice and made sure they got an early vacation.
Share 49ersWebzone