There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ERS EXTENDED JUSTIN SMITHS CONTRACT

Originally posted by susweel:
bad move they dont even know if he will ever be the same after that arm injury.

1. He has to pass a physical to sign the deal, which means he's healed up.
2. Harbaugh and Baalke seem to think he'll be strong enough to keep around.
3. Harbaugh and Baalke piss out more Niner knowledge in a day than you have accumulated in your entire life.
Man crush on JS continues!
  • KK49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 4m Justin Smith no longer represented by CAA. evidently, he negotiated his two-year extension himself. Talented guy that Justin Smith... #49ers

well if u want something done.... do it yourself
Good. Cowboy is going to be dominating for the 49ers for another two years. Good move F.O.
good job!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
There will always be naysayers, like susweel, Chazboner, and cciowa.

Here is what the contract probably does. It probably lowers the salary cap this year to sign Reid and any other help they need prior to the season, makes room for the other upcoming extensions that should be coming (Kaep, Aldon, and Iupati), and keeps around one of our core players until he retires. If anyone can be negative about that, fine with me. I will choose to enjoy being a fan of the new model franchise in the NFL.
haha. i do not recall saying anything bad bout smith but thank you for putting me in good company with some good posters!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Dont mind me...just astounded by the fact there are people here that see this is a bad thing. I cant concieve of a world so negative. All I can imagine is a place where beer tastes like farts and Kate Upton has to wear a full radition suit 24/7.

They're being facetious.

Some were...some werent.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Plus, it was just a partially torn tricep tendon, and he came back and played well while it was still healing....and that was 6 months ago.

would also like to think a little bit more and better depth on the d line will help him stay a little fresher longer. of course , just like gore,,,, keeping him out of games will be a challenge for the coaches

Great point cc.
I love our front office.
  • KK49
  • Veteran
look at the joy in the zone.... I expect a thread about this thread.....
THANK GOD!!!!!!!
I'm not to worried about the arm i think by mid season he will be as dominant as he has been. I think it's a great move on his end and the Niners. This pretty much means he will stay here until he retires. This will give Tank 2 seasons to learn under Smith and then hopefully take over.
Thank you Baalke!

Yes!