LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 197 users in the forums

49ERS EXTENDED JUSTIN SMITHS CONTRACT

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
dumb. he'll be out for the season by week 2 when he reinjures his arm.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
dumb. he'll be out for the season by week 2 when he reinjures his arm.

ha,, and people think I over react
Oh Happy Day!!
HELL YES!!
I'll wait to see the details before I celebrate. Justin is a great player, but is nearing the end of his career and probably wont be worth a huge cap hit after this season. We need that money elsewhere.

That said, it is unrealistic to expect Tank Carradine to be able to take over for Justin right away. Tank needs to rehab and add weight to be the everydown 3-4 DE that Smith is.

I would hope that Justin's deal would allow us to get out of it if Tank proves himself before the deal is up.
WOOOO!!

IMO 49ers have the best LB core in the NFL, and two of them are the best at their positions, but Justin is our Defensive MVP. Dude is an absolute beast. Great news
Boo-freakin'-ya!!!!

• cciowa
  • Veteran
unlike the bears and their drama with greedy arrogant urlacher,, no drama here,, no high demands, professionalism . the niners will not sign a deal which will put them in harms way in regards to the salary cap and smith is not going to be so greedy or arrogant as to demand something that is unrealistic. A win win for all. Lets hope the tank can learn in the next two years paving the way for a smooth transition
Brilliant...again. I bet this lowers his salary this year (cap relief) and spreads it out over the duration and will buy Tank time to be trained by THE best in the business AND allow some immediate cap relief to sign a WR; perhaps one of significance? Cruz?
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Okay, I almost fell out of my chair on this one. Awesome.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Brilliant...again. I bet this lowers his salary this year (cap relief) and spreads it out over the duration and will buy Tank time to be trained by THE best in the business AND allow some immediate cap relief to sign a WR; perhaps one of significance? Cruz?

Exactly. You beat me to it. Posters are gripping about cap - I'll bet dollars to donuts that his frees up some space for this off season when they might be able to use it.
  • KK49
  • Veteran
didn't think he would be the next player to get resigned . another proof he is the most important piece in our defense .... ooh well , at least that gives us time to force feed the TANK til he get 300 lbs and learn the position..
Share 49ersWebzone