There are 415 users in the forums

This Year's WR's are Better Overall than Last Year

Shop Find 49ers gear online

This Year's WR's are Better Overall than Last Year

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Absolutely not.

Crabs, Moss, Mario, Ginn, Kyle, VD, and Delanie are much better than Boldin and the collection of hurt/unproven players we have right now.

ginn hahahahah. you are funny nick walker hahahahah you are really funny nick moore has already done more in two pre season games than ginn did all of last year and whatever we get from the new guy is just gravy as we were going to get nothing from jenkins. if the season started tomorrow boldin and kyle and vernon would line up and thats not bad
Originally posted by cciowa:
Absolutely not.

Crabs, Moss, Mario, Ginn, Kyle, VD, and Delanie are much better than Boldin and the collection of hurt/unproven players we have right now.

ginn hahahahah. you are funny nick walker hahahahah you are really funny nick moore has already done more in two pre season games than ginn did all of last year and whatever we get from the new guy is just gravy as we were going to get nothing from jenkins. if the season started tomorrow boldin and kyle and vernon would line up and thats not bad

You're laughing at players that were consistent contributors to our solid season last year... Ginn on special teams at the very least, while Walker (even through all the drops) was a favorite target of Kaep's.

Yes, please explain to me how Boldin, Kyle Williams, & Marlon Moore starting at WR makes us a better team than last year. If everyone was HEALTHY, you'd have a decent argument.
Who knows ask me this mid season
  • hps49
  • Veteran
I think Patton, Boldin, and Williams carry us into the playoffs and number 6!
I would say this years has much more potential. Last year Moss was a shell of his former self and gave no effort in the post season to attack the ball. Ginn was a huge dissapointment outside of his kick returns. Then the injuries hit... I would take Boldin, Moore, Williams, Collie, Patton and Baldwin to start the season over Crabtree, Moss, Ginn, Hall, Jenkins to end the season. The injuries and replacements (McDonald for Walker) muddy up the comparison.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
You're laughing at players that were consistent contributors to our solid season last year... Ginn on special teams at the very least, while Walker (even through all the drops) was a favorite target of Kaep's.

Yes, please explain to me how Boldin, Kyle Williams, & Marlon Moore starting at WR makes us a better team than last year. If everyone was HEALTHY, you'd have a decent argument.
sorry walker was not consistent at all, what did ginn do on special teams? if i recall he was not the ginn of the year before, his MO was to get the ball and run five yards out of bounds and we know he did zero as a wide out. vernon was not even on the radar screen of ck until post season began and I think he will be a major major part of things here, we know about boldin, you are correct if we compare mario to moore who is a unknown but all I know he is making plays and unlike other players has taken advantage of a opportunity. Yes the loss of mario is big, you get that one kyle , by all reports, will be fine for the year and there is no reason not to think he will be a good wide out and punt return man for us. yes someone has to step up to take the place of crabs but i think they will, i think vernon will come out and be a bigger part of the offense in the start of the year than what he was when ck first took over. you and i will just have to agree to disagree about walker and ginn, I will always laugh at them, i think both , esp walker was over rated by the zone and ginn did not do one damn thing cept for a nice punt return in post season. i also throw in the dump offs to the backs, I know lots hate the term :dump off:' as it reminds them of alex but I think the fact that we can dump it off to our three top backs will be huge
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
I would say this years has much more potential. Last year Moss was a shell of his former self and gave no effort in the post season to attack the ball. Ginn was a huge dissapointment outside of his kick returns. Then the injuries hit... I would take Boldin, Moore, Williams, Collie, Patton and Baldwin to start the season over Crabtree, Moss, Ginn, Hall, Jenkins to end the season. The injuries and replacements (McDonald for Walker) muddy up the comparison.

yes , i forgot to mention that to nick about moss who showed his true colors later . it is good to see most of us are not even counting the new guy into the equation but as i said earlier, he is off to a nice start and whatever we get from him is gravy
yes , i forgot to mention that to nick about moss who showed his true colors later . it is good to see most of us are not even counting the new guy into the equation but as i said earlier, he is off to a nice start and whatever we get from him is gravy

Yeah, honestly I dont know if Baldwin will make the team, its great if he does because it means he showed more in two weeks to beat out Hall/Lockette/and Hawkins.

If he is dropomatic during practices and games, I could see the team moving forward with Hall or Hawkins (send Lockette to the PS for one more year of eligibility) and cutting Baldwin. But all Baldwin needs to show is that he is taking this shot seriously and make a play here or there and he probably trumps those last three mentioned.

Yeah, honestly I dont know if Baldwin will make the team, its great if he does because it means he showed more in two weeks to beat out Hall/Lockette/and Hawkins.

If he is dropomatic during practices and games, I could see the team moving forward with Hall or Hawkins (send Lockette to the PS for one more year of eligibility) and cutting Baldwin. But all Baldwin needs to show is that he is taking this shot seriously and make a play here or there and he probably trumps those last three mentioned.

if he isnt a pain in the ass and he picks up a few routes so he can get a catch or two thrown his way in these preseason games he'll make it. the guy is gifted physically and hes very young so hes worth developing. hawkins is what he is already and chad hall is decent but baldwins size, strength and aggressiveness make him intriguing so i think he'll make it
A lineup of Crabs, Boldin, Kyle, Manningham, Baldwin would be our best WR core in a very very long time

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

if he isnt a pain in the ass and he picks up a few routes so he can get a catch or two thrown his way in these preseason games he'll make it. the guy is gifted physically and hes very young so hes worth developing. hawkins is what he is already and chad hall is decent but baldwins size, strength and aggressiveness make him intriguing so i think he'll make it

if he can not beat out hall and hawkins sell him back to the chiefs for a 100 bucks
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
A lineup of Crabs, Boldin, Kyle, Manningham, Baldwin would be our best WR core in a very very long time
and a full season of ck to vernon! they just started to click in the playoffs so that should be very scary for the defense even without crabs and mario i still think we are going to be good
60% of you said yes?

dafuq are you people numb?
Last years where better
Heck two of the players who didnt make the team (Owusu and Nathan Palmer) made it in and stayed on the 53 man roster for the bucs and colts respectively
Originally posted by Ballistic:
60% of you said yes?

dafuq are you people numb?

When are you thinking about last years receivers... at the beginning of the season or how it ended... very different scenarios
Share 49ersWebzone