LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 336 users in the forums

Walter Football - 49ers Season Preview

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Thanks for the post - this time of year is tough to get through.

Overall a fair assessment.

The stuff w/Cully -? A young guy who made some mistakes on and off the field. If he's learned to keep is trap shut and his nose in the playbook, he'll be alright.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Thanks for the post - this time of year is tough to get through.

Overall a fair assessment.

The stuff w/Cully -? A young guy who made some mistakes on and off the field. If he's learned to keep is trap shut and his nose in the playbook, he'll be alright.

Honestly, nothing really big here. Seems pretty vanilla. If we can get to 13-3, I'd be surprised though.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Asomugha has no more passion for the game? Anyone else heard this?
Originally posted by kray28:
Asomugha has no more passion for the game? Anyone else heard this?

No, that's total speculation
"There's also Chris Culliver, but he's not any good. It's amazing that he's even on the team, given that he insulted the 49ers' fan base prior to the Super Bowl."

Chris Culliver is no good? Insulted the 49ers fanbase by making a comment about gays? This guy is good at generalizing and talk out of his ass simultaneously. Dorsey should help plug the middle, where he occupied two blockers regularly on Kansas City.
Uh ... Culliver's comments were pretty ignorant and caused a huge distraction for the team prior to the SB. Don't think Jed York wanted to be making national apologies two days prior to the biggest game for SF since the '94 season. The guy didn't sleep and played horribly in the biggest game of his life. If he was a shut down corner prior to the incident, I'd take issue with the synopsis that he's "no good", but he isn't a shut down corner, still has a lot to learn, and hurt the team considerably, so the hole he has to dig himself out of this year is pretty deep.
Originally posted by midrdan:
Uh ... Culliver's comments were pretty ignorant and caused a huge distraction for the team prior to the SB. Don't think Jed York wanted to be making national apologies two days prior to the biggest game for SF since the '94 season. The guy didn't sleep and played horribly in the biggest game of his life. If he was a shut down corner prior to the incident, I'd take issue with the synopsis that he's "no good", but he isn't a shut down corner, still has a lot to learn, and hurt the team considerably, so the hole he has to dig himself out of this year is pretty deep.

Of course it was ignorant, but it wasn't the 49ers fanbase that he insulted. It was ALL gay people he insulted regardless of the team they support.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by midrdan:

Of course it was ignorant, but it wasn't the 49ers fanbase that he insulted. It was ALL gay people he insulted regardless of the team they support.

I do remember thinking that his comment could be really detrimental, because now he has to think about damage control as opposed to Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I hope we go back to dominating teams again with some 40+ games.

This would be nice for sure.
Culliver has every right to have his own view of the world but he should be more media savvy than he is. When you are in a workplace environment there is no room for personal bias towards sexuality or whatever. You cannot exclude any player from playing football based on sexuality and no employee should introduce anything through spoken word or action to make another uncomfortable because of it. It is common sense and Cully didn't exercise any and as a result he felt guilty, got his mind clouded and performed horribly in the biggest game of his life. Sucks for us and if I were in his ear for the sake of us winning, I would have told him to not worry about it until the next day, apologize for it briefly then go back to studying/playing football because what he does on Sunday is most important now. He needed to adapt an IDGAF attitude the rest of that week and not spoken to anyone except his teammates about the game. Just like Kobe used to go to court in Colorado then fly back west to drop 50 on the Kings. His stupid remarks I do believe led to his sharp decline in play. I almost knew that would happen

"There's also Chris Culliver, but he's not any good."

More of dat dere outstanding analysis by Walter. Total b******t website.
"Jim Harbaugh managed to transform mediocre talent Alex Smith into a capable quarterback, so it's no surprise that he has gotten so much out of a gifted player like Colin Kaepernick."

Surprised no one commented on this.

Anyhow, our schedule is BRUTAL. I can see a 9-10 win season.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

May be Walter is saying that all 49er fans are gay
I read this entire post and the only thing I took away from it was that this a*****e stated the entire 49ers fan base is queer. What?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
"There's also Chris Culliver, but he's not any good."

More of dat dere outstanding analysis by Walter. Total b******t website.

Culliver has shown, at times, a pretty awful lack of ability to track the football while its in the air. You know, a big part of playing CB. I get that certain metrics say he's good, but he also makes too many bad plays that a good CB wouldn't make. Could he improve? Maybe. But most people don't just suddenly develop ball skills. He has looked laughably bad at times. It wouldn't surprise me to see more of it this year
Share 49ersWebzone