There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I have a Super Bowl 47 Question Can someone Help me??

Originally posted by cciowa:
letting precious seconds tick off when they ran that fake punt was a f**k up by the coaches,, everyone in the god damn world cept for our players knew it was coming,,,,, ahh god damn it all to hell,(cue charlton heston from the planet of the apes pounding the f**king sand)

huh? dudes were being held/tackled left and right. If anything, the refs should've thrown a flag for holding and put time back on the clock after the safety.

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
letting precious seconds tick off when they ran that fake punt was a f**k up by the coaches,, everyone in the god damn world cept for our players knew it was coming,,,,, ahh god damn it all to hell,(cue charlton heston from the planet of the apes pounding the f**king sand)

huh? dudes were being held/tackled left and right. If anything, the refs should've thrown a flag for holding and put time back on the clock after the safety.

Holding does not kill a play, even if they did call a safety from holding they aren't putting time back on the clock. The Ravens took advantage of the rules on that play.
holding
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
we had no idea they were going to do that,, that is inexcusable, the coaches should have had our guys more prepared, no offense to the "its the fault of the refs" crowd
Originally posted by pdizo916:
don't.remind.me.of.game.

this
watching that f**king holding on that punt just pisses me the f**k off because it tells you the f**king officials got so goddamn scared of calling a f**king penalty that they just put their whistles in their f**king pockets. for goddamn sure those b***hes didnt call that holding on Crabtree (or the PI, or the helmet to helmet) because the umps turned into big ass pussies.

there really should have been an investigation on that f**king s**t.
No way the refs allow that to happen. In the event of some squirrelly technicality, they would have just sided with BAL and let the clock run out.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
of course. the clock doesn't start until the returner touches it so he could've fair caught it

Not on a punt. The clock starts when the ball is snapped

The NFL does not put time back on the clock because of a penalty. It was a brilliant call by the Ravens coaching staff.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
don't.remind.me.of.game.

This.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:

The NFL does not put time back on the clock because of a penalty. It was a brilliant call by the Ravens coaching staff.
what is so wrong about saying we got caught with our pants down? was not the first time it happened with our special ed teams last year? to bad it had to happen on the biggest stage twice. Yes i am well aware the refs were to blame for both cases

what is so wrong about saying we got caught with our pants down? was not the first time it happened with our special ed teams last year? to bad it had to happen on the biggest stage twice. Yes i am well aware the refs were to blame for both cases

how did we get caught with our pants down...what are the players supposed to do...they are being held for christ sakes !

maybe they should have put 12 guys out there to counter the holds
  • BobS
  • Veteran

How are the refs to blame? In the above play they did nothing wrong, a holding infraction does not end the play. Whether they called holding or not that play ends the same, a safety with the Ravens taking time off the clock. We got out coached, plain and simple, everyone knew what was coming except the 49er players and their coaches.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
watching that f**king holding on that punt just pisses me the f**k off because it tells you the f**king officials got so goddamn scared of calling a f**king penalty that they just put their whistles in their f**king pockets. for goddamn sure those b***hes didnt call that holding on Crabtree (or the PI, or the helmet to helmet) because the umps turned into big ass pussies.

there really should have been an investigation on that f**king s**t.

If they throw a flag on the safety no time is put back on the clock and the play still results in a safety so its pointless.