There are 123 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

bold prediction for the upcoming season

Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
What exactly is gore immune to? Saying he isn't a top 10 receiving back? Frank Gore is the best runningback we've ever had but father time is catching up and I believe hunter and james are more valuable as receivers than gore. Not running the ball or blocking, Gore is far superior there IMO.

What makes you think "father time" is catching up to Gore when he just put up 1214 yards (2nd most in his career), a 4.7 ypc (highest since 2009), 8 TDs, and 28 receptions?

Oh and he also had 319 yds/5.1 ypc/4 TD in the playoffs.

And you still have absolutely zero proof to back your claim about his pass catching (except your opinion).

Case closed.

Umm father time is catching up to him because he is getting older, not younger. Like I said he drops too many passes, I don't need to look at the stats when I watch every 49er game. But if you do this year and last he saw a major dip in production compared to previous years right? His drop percentage was 19.35 last year and 11 this year right? Or am I just making this information that you guys supplied me with up?

30 is the magic number for runningbacks according to history but I don't think it will slow down frank from running just receiving.

When you use the phrase, "father time is catching up" to a player, it means they're slowing down because of age. Not because they are simply getting older. Would you say "father time" is catching up to Tom Brady? How about Lebron James? Uhhh no. Of course they're getting older. If English is your first language, there should be no excuse for not knowing how to use that phrase (English is my 2nd language, btw).

I watch every 9er game too. Frank Gore is not a featured pass catcher in the 49er offense under Roman but that doesn't mean he's regressed in that area. Like posted earlier, he had FOUR drops last year for a drop rate of 11%...right on par with other RBs in the league.

You're on an island here and you have nothing to back up this baseless claim. I'm done arguing this frivolous point as well. Anyone who has watched the 49ers knows how much of a weapon he is in the passing game when utilized.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Yea I'm not buying it. Guy had like 50 receptions a season before the new regime.

agree, in my opinion gore is immune to ticky tack junk like this

What exactly is gore immune to? Saying he isn't a top 10 receiving back? Frank Gore is the best runningback we've ever had but father time is catching up and I believe hunter and james are more valuable as receivers than gore. Not running the ball or blocking, Gore is far superior there IMO.

People have been saying time is catching up to gore for atleast three seasons. Last season he had arguably his best season of his career. Not to mention he was in absolute beast mode in the post season. I dont expect him to slow down this season either. Frank is the best back on the roster right now and it aint close. Gore will not be "splitting" carrys or downs with anyone. He will get rest when he needs it, and i expect him to get the same percentage of carries he has the last two years with harbaugh. not to mention he is the best blocking back on the roster as well, although hunter was pretty effective there as well.

We simply havent used gore as a target in the passing game. He is effective when he is used in that role. We just havent used our backs in the passing game very much period.

Period. lol So hunter was only brought in last year when frank was tired and no other reason? haha father time is catching up to go like it is the rest of us, didn't think I had to argue that one. No doubt gore is the best back but when hunter was healthy he was more than respectable. Hunter and James are better in space than gore IMO. Usually receiving backs are better in space than downhill backs like beastmode and gore.

Obviously you do have to argue it because it is simply not true and hasnt been true. Until Gore shows a true drop in production father time hasnt caught up to him. He is outrunning father time. By most peoples accounts Gore should have never had made it in the NFL. He did. He should have slowed down after the hip. He didnt. Now we are supposed to beleive he will slow down because he is a few months older and because you and "experts" say he will? After coming off of argueably his best season in his entire career? The year where had he gotten a carry in the redzone we would likely be superbowl champs? No, i think i will stick with the history Gore provided and untill he shows otherwise trust that he still has plenty in the tank.

Besides, your theory is flawed because 1. James never was and never has been a pass catcher, he may be capable but he has never showed it or had to show it. 2. Hunter is coming of an achilles injury and we have no idea how he will recover.

Obviously hunter wasnt brought in only when gore was tired, but the majority of his carrys were indeed to spell gore and keep his legs fresh. He obviously has a skillset of his own, same with LMJ, but neither are on the level of Gore, even a 30 y/o Gore and likely never will be.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Championship

What makes you think "father time" is catching up to Gore when he just put up 1214 yards (2nd most in his career), a 4.7 ypc (highest since 2009), 8 TDs, and 28 receptions?

And you still have absolutely zero proof to back your claim about his pass catching (except your opinion).

Case closed.

Umm father time is catching up to him because he is getting older, not younger. Like I said he drops too many passes, I don't need to look at the stats when I watch every 49er game. But if you do this year and last he saw a major dip in production compared to previous years right? His drop percentage was 19.35 last year and 11 this year right? Or am I just making this information that you guys supplied me with up?

30 is the magic number for runningbacks according to history but I don't think it will slow down frank from running just receiving.

When you use the phrase, "father time is catching up" to a player, it means they're slowing down because of age. Not because they are simply getting older. Would you say "father time" is catching up to Tom Brady? How about Lebron James? Uhhh no. Of course they're getting older. If English is your first language, there should be no excuse for not knowing how to use that phrase (English is my 2nd language, btw).

I watch every 9er game too. Frank Gore is not a featured pass catcher in the 49er offense under Roman but that doesn't mean he's regressed in that area. Like posted earlier, he had FOUR drops last year for a drop rate of 11%...right on par with other RBs in the league.

You're on an island here and you have nothing to back up this baseless claim. I'm done arguing this frivolous point as well. Anyone who has watched the 49ers knows how much of a weapon he is in the passing game when utilized.

Frank had 10 drops in 2 years and a 19.35 % drop rate is evidence that his hands aren't up to par with the rest of the backs. 11 % is also below average not on par. It's not my fault that's what you got out of me saying father time is catching up to frank gore. He's a year older and players are getting faster and more athletic. Not only that but frank has been our workhorse for quite some time now and has a bunch of wear and tear. Brady and Lebron James are completely different because history shows qbs can play for a long time in this league and basketball players have longer careers as well. Rbs are comparable to centers because their knees usually get bad as they get older. RB's for the most part don't have productive career's after age 30. Now I never said frank was going to show a huge regression running the ball so don't misquote me. I said he has already seen a drop in productive as a receiving back. Frank will still be our main back and will still play out of the shotgun because of his tremendous blocking, but he won't be our "featured" receiving back because IMO we have 2 guys better at it than he is. This is assuming that kendall hunter comes back healthy which your right might not be the case. Even if he doesn't LMJ will be featured more as a receiving back than gore will IMO.

Anaylists say father time is catching up to players like Tony G all the time. But does that mean they're saying he is seeing a huge drop in his production? No. So I don't know what your talking about.
And people on here need to stop acting like they know how to run the team. Obviously we should've ran it once or twice but the ravens were all sending an all out blitz so it's not as easy as just saying we should've given it to gore 4 times in a row and we would've scored. The ravens knew what they were doing and executed. We didn't.
I seem to recall a Bengals team that had gotten all the way to the Super Bowl with a huge, dominating O-line and a 260 lb fullback, at the time the biggest and most punishing back in the league. That team had a first and goal at the 2 against a Niner team that the analysts called "finesse." They ran it three times and tried a pass in the flat once. They never got in.
Jim Harbaugh will provoke Pete Carroll to take a swing at him, then Judge Judy will throw Carroll in jail.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I seem to recall a Bengals team that had gotten all the way to the Super Bowl with a huge, dominating O-line and a 260 lb fullback, at the time the biggest and most punishing back in the league. That team had a first and goal at the 2 against a Niner team that the analysts called "finesse." They ran it three times and tried a pass in the flat once. They never got in.

Except in this case frank already had 110 yards, a 5.8 average and a TD. The Ravens couldnt stop him, and in this case, their big man Ngata, wasnt even on the field.

Case closed.

Frank had 10 drops in 2 years and a 19.35 % drop rate is evidence that his hands aren't up to par with the rest of the backs. 11 % is also below average not on par. It's not my fault that's what you got out of me saying father time is catching up to frank gore. He's a year older and players are getting faster and more athletic. Not only that but frank has been our workhorse for quite some time now and has a bunch of wear and tear. Brady and Lebron James are completely different because history shows qbs can play for a long time in this league and basketball players have longer careers as well. Rbs are comparable to centers because their knees usually get bad as they get older. RB's for the most part don't have productive career's after age 30. Now I never said frank was going to show a huge regression running the ball so don't misquote me. I said he has already seen a drop in productive as a receiving back. Frank will still be our main back and will still play out of the shotgun because of his tremendous blocking, but he won't be our "featured" receiving back because IMO we have 2 guys better at it than he is. This is assuming that kendall hunter comes back healthy which your right might not be the case. Even if he doesn't LMJ will be featured more as a receiving back than gore will IMO.

Anaylists say father time is catching up to players like Tony G all the time. But does that mean they're saying he is seeing a huge drop in his production? No. So I don't know what your talking about.

1. This offense doesnt "feature" backs in the passing game.
2. LMJ hasnt proven to be a better receiving back than anyone. He has never been a receiving back. Hell, in college he was mostly a between the tackles runner. Until he proves otherwise, he is not a receiving back.

Case closed.

1. This offense doesnt "feature" backs in the passing game.
2. LMJ hasnt proven to be a better receiving back than anyone. He has never been a receiving back. Hell, in college he was mostly a between the tackles runner. Until he proves otherwise, he is not a receiving back.

Have you seen the 13-14 version of the 49ers yet? No, so how are you already going to assume they won't feature a runningback in the passing game? Yes james ran well between the tackles in college but that is college. You have to be more creative in the nfl to get these smaller guys involved. James works well in space and took a lot of handoffs from the shotgun formation in college as well. Typically we run more I formations and 2 tight end sets than other teams do and James doesn't flourish as well in those sets. Usually James is lined up in our shotgun and pistol formations. This spreads out the defense and allows james to work better in space which is where he flourishes IMO. Receiving backs are usually the faster more agile backs that work well in space. Charles, CJ2K, MCf*gget, and Spiller are good examples. Not saying this is always the case but IMO james will flourish more in those situations than gore will.
[ Edited by JimDrinkAMiller on Jun 15, 2013 at 12:24 PM ]
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Jim Harbaugh will provoke Pete Carroll to take a swing at him, then Judge Judy will throw Carroll in jail.

BOLDEST prediction so far and my personal favorite.

Except in this case frank already had 110 yards, a 5.8 average and a TD. The Ravens couldnt stop him, and in this case, their big man Ngata, wasnt even on the field.

Yeah and the ravens knew we were probably the best or 2nd best rushing team in the nfl next to the skins when RG3 was healthy. They stacked the box and sent everybody and left the receivers in man to man coverage. It's easy for us to say "oh they should've ran the ball". But the ravens played it smart and made an inexperienced quarterback make a tough throw in an even tougher situation. I don't know how the refs didn't call holding on the most crucial play in the most crucial game of the year... Or how they called ticky tacky penalties the whole year and then decided we're going to let them play in the superbowl and not call obvious penalties. But it is what it is.
Patton has the 3rd most rec yds behind AB & VD

Yeah and the ravens knew we were probably the best or 2nd best rushing team in the nfl next to the skins when RG3 was healthy. They stacked the box and sent everybody and left the receivers in man to man coverage. It's easy for us to say "oh they should've ran the ball". But the ravens played it smart and made an inexperienced quarterback make a tough throw in an even tougher situation. I don't know how the refs didn't call holding on the most crucial play in the most crucial game of the year... Or how they called ticky tacky penalties the whole year and then decided we're going to let them play in the superbowl and not call obvious penalties. But it is what it is.
It's just my opinion of course, but i said this in an earlier thread a few months ago and it led to actually a pretty good convo piece. We all know that Harbs is stuck in his ways, or better yet, feel that when a decision is made, he doesnt regret for our team. With the QB switch, playcalling etc. I said it then and i'll say it again now. Harbs, wanted to go out in a blaze of glory with Kaep at the end. I dont think harbs wanted the ball in anyone's hands, but Kaeps. Thats why the 4 pass plays on the final series. Stubborness, maybe not, but it's not too farfetched since we have been yelling about the playcalling all season at crucial times. Would of been the icing on the cake so to speak. But like u said it is what it is, and i hope that the offensive team use a little more creativity. Because I have accepted the fact that if it aint broke, dont fix it type of mentality doesn't always pertain to us.
Bold prediction-> AJ Jenkins.....