LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

bold prediction for the upcoming season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Frank Gore has more rushing yards than last season.

Aldon Smith breaks the single season sack record.
Despite not having Crabtree 100%, we still win the #1 Seed (13-3), Kaep goes to the Pro Bowl (and will be in the running for MVP), continue undefeated at home during the regular season, break Pittsburgh's record for most home playoff wins against the Skins... and then we lose at the NFC Championship game.

Candlestick goes down in flames... and then going into 2014 we'll be the most doubted team as we beat the Texans at Superbowl L, in our own f**king house, with a dominant home-crowd favor.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Despite not having Crabtree 100%, we still win the #1 Seed (13-3), Kaep goes to the Pro Bowl (and will be in the running for MVP), continue undefeated at home during the regular season, break Pittsburgh's record for most home playoff wins against the Skins... and then we lose at the NFC Championship game.

Candlestick goes down in flames... and then going into 2014 we'll be the most doubted team as we beat the Texans at Superbowl L, in our own f**king house, with a dominant home-crowd favor.

rather have 2014 be the back to back win.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
Nnamdi gets cut at some point
AJ Jenkins isnt a factor all season
Dawson doesnt miss a FG ALL YEAR.
Hunter splits carries evenly with Gore last half of the season.
Kaepernick rushes for 1,000 yards and 9 TDs, throws for 5k and 50 TDs. He will finish second in MVP Voting to Carolina's Greg Hardy who achieves (as he predicted) 50 sacks in a season.
no to bullet point number one
no to bullet point number two
please to bullet point three
we can hope hunter does what you say, but gore will not allow it
there is no reason why ck should expose himself that much to run for 1000 yards, 50 touchdowns, please, ck is not bobby douglas and with the running game we have and the arm he has, there is no logical reason to see him out there running around. you want him to end up like steve young?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Yea I'm not buying it. Guy had like 50 receptions a season before the new regime.

agree, in my opinion gore is immune to ticky tack junk like this
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
I was just merely stating why I think vernon will lead the team in yards bro. I think gore is one heck of a player, but there's no doubt his hands are questionable. More so his concentration than his hands. I was only stating that he won't be a big factor as a receiver out of the backfield which is fine because that is what hunter and james are for. You mix that in with the fact that hunter and james will eat into gore's carries and that we will probably see more passing this season than we have for quite some time and I think that results in a dropoff in yards for frank. I also think vernon will benefit the most.

Lemicheal James never had more than 17 receptions in any college season.......people make him out to be a Reggie bush kind of receiver who had college seasons with 43 and 37 receptions
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Vance McDonald will be a red zone terror.
A J Jenkins will catch long passes.
Ricardo Lockette will catch long passes.
LaMichael James will break at least one quick screen for an 80 yard touchdown.
LaMichael James will return two kickoffs for touchdowns.
Vernon Davis will get to 900 yards and 10 TD's
Anquan Boldin will have over 100 yards and 10 TD's
Kaepernick will be in the conversation for MVP
Frank Gore will run for over 1000 yards and still be fresh in the Super Bowl
The defense will be top five again.
The Niners will get their sixth championship
Heads will be exploding all across the greater Seattle area.

We don't run screens.....remember everyone on here clamoring for screen passes......roman don't play that way
webzoners at the last game ever @ candlestick rush the field and tear up the field and rip down the goalposts.....playoff game a few weeks later moved to

Originally posted by cciowa:
Yea I'm not buying it. Guy had like 50 receptions a season before the new regime.

What exactly is gore immune to? Saying he isn't a top 10 receiving back? Frank Gore is the best runningback we've ever had but father time is catching up and I believe hunter and james are more valuable as receivers than gore. Not running the ball or blocking, Gore is far superior there IMO.
What exactly is gore immune to? Saying he isn't a top 10 receiving back? Frank Gore is the best runningback we've ever had but father time is catching up and I believe hunter and james are more valuable as receivers than gore. Not running the ball or blocking, Gore is far superior there IMO.

What makes you think "father time" is catching up to Gore when he just put up 1214 yards (2nd most in his career), a 4.7 ypc (highest since 2009), 8 TDs, and 28 receptions?

Oh and he also had 319 yds/5.1 ypc/4 TD in the playoffs.

And you still have absolutely zero proof to back your claim about his pass catching (except your opinion).

Case closed.

Originally posted by NinerFan408:
We don't run screens.....remember everyone on here clamoring for screen passes......roman don't play that way

Well, he has said he's installing what he calls "new wrinkles." They must know that teams are going to come full bore at Kaepernick and Kaep is so tall that he could execute screens with ease. No, I stand by the prediction. I think this year you'll see some screens.
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
I was just merely stating why I think vernon will lead the team in yards bro. I think gore is one heck of a player, but there's no doubt his hands are questionable. More so his concentration than his hands. I was only stating that he won't be a big factor as a receiver out of the backfield which is fine because that is what hunter and james are for. You mix that in with the fact that hunter and james will eat into gore's carries and that we will probably see more passing this season than we have for quite some time and I think that results in a dropoff in yards for frank. I also think vernon will benefit the most.

Lemicheal James never had more than 17 receptions in any college season.......people make him out to be a Reggie bush kind of receiver who had college seasons with 43 and 37 receptions

I watched James at Oregon and true he wasn't that much of a receiver but he works well in space. You know what type of offense Chip Kelly runs and that's an up tempo quick offense, not a smashmouth ground and pound attack like stanford. James worked out of a lot of shotgun formations and different things like that. He isn't as effective out of different formations that have the fullback as the lead blocker like the I form. Your going to see more catches from hunter/ james combined than you are out of gore IMO. I think it'll be around 40/50 for the duo compared to 25 from gore, and I think they will cut into a bunch of his carries as they have both proven they're worthy. This all results in VD leading the team in yards which was why gore and james were mentioned in the 1st place. And no I don't think gore's hands are very good and I also thinks Lamichael will be just as effective as a receiver as he will be as a rb. That's my opinion.

What makes you think "father time" is catching up to Gore when he just put up 1214 yards (2nd most in his career), a 4.7 ypc (highest since 2009), 8 TDs, and 28 receptions?

Oh and he also had 319 yds/5.1 ypc/4 TD in the playoffs.

And you still have absolutely zero proof to back your claim about his pass catching (except your opinion).

Case closed.

Umm father time is catching up to him because he is getting older, not younger. Like I said he drops too many passes, I don't need to look at the stats when I watch every 49er game. But if you do this year and last he saw a major dip in production compared to previous years right? His drop percentage was 19.35 last year and 11 this year right? Or am I just making this information that you guys supplied me with up?

30 is the magic number for runningbacks according to history but I don't think it will slow down frank from running just receiving.
[ Edited by JimDrinkAMiller on Jun 14, 2013 at 9:59 PM ]

People have been saying time is catching up to gore for atleast three seasons. Last season he had arguably his best season of his career. Not to mention he was in absolute beast mode in the post season. I dont expect him to slow down this season either. Frank is the best back on the roster right now and it aint close. Gore will not be "splitting" carrys or downs with anyone. He will get rest when he needs it, and i expect him to get the same percentage of carries he has the last two years with harbaugh. not to mention he is the best blocking back on the roster as well, although hunter was pretty effective there as well.

We simply havent used gore as a target in the passing game. He is effective when he is used in that role. We just havent used our backs in the passing game very much period.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jun 14, 2013 at 10:04 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

People have been saying time is catching up to gore for atleast three seasons. Last season he had arguably his best season of his career. Not to mention he was in absolute beast mode in the post season. I dont expect him to slow down this season either. Frank is the best back on the roster right now and it aint close. Gore will not be "splitting" carrys or downs with anyone. He will get rest when he needs it, and i expect him to get the same percentage of carries he has the last two years with harbaugh. not to mention he is the best blocking back on the roster as well, although hunter was pretty effective there as well.

We simply havent used gore as a target in the passing game. He is effective when he is used in that role. We just havent used our backs in the passing game very much period.

Period. lol So hunter was only brought in last year when frank was tired and no other reason? haha father time is catching up to go like it is the rest of us, didn't think I had to argue that one. No doubt gore is the best back but when hunter was healthy he was more than respectable. Hunter and James are better in space than gore IMO. Usually receiving backs are better in space than downhill backs like beastmode and gore.
Share 49ersWebzone