There are 253 users in the forums

bold prediction for the upcoming season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Niners sweep the NFC West
[ Edited by mattster03 on Jun 14, 2013 at 3:30 PM ]
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Craig Dahl makes first team All-Pro

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Vance McDonald will be a red zone terror.
A J Jenkins will catch long passes.
Ricardo Lockette will catch long passes.
LaMichael James will break at least one quick screen for an 80 yard touchdown.
LaMichael James will return two kickoffs for touchdowns.
Vernon Davis will get to 900 yards and 10 TD's
Anquan Boldin will have over 100 yards and 10 TD's
Kaepernick will be in the conversation for MVP
Frank Gore will run for over 1000 yards and still be fresh in the Super Bowl
The defense will be top five again.
The Niners will get their sixth championship
Heads will be exploding all across the greater Seattle area.

Man so boldin is going to score a touchdown almost every time he gets a catch huh? 100 yards and 10 tds? lol Not very many of these are BOLD predictions but I think you were being sarcastic?

Glad we agree on the seachickens regressing next year though.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Lord Tolzien passes for 5,000 yards and wins the Super Bowl MVP

i think it would be funny if jesus jr. did not make the roster. i think he is at the best right now the third stringer

I can't wait for Tolzien to be off the roster honestly. If dude can't even secure the 2nd place job after a few years in the system then move him on down the road, he isn't worth developing at this point.
Okay, Boldin is 1000 yards and 10 TD's on the season. And let's call it wildly optimistic instead of sarcastic. I'm not real big on sarcasm when it comes to positive expectations or hopes for the Niners. This is the time for cautious optimism. This heavily dipped into wild optimism. But nothing on that list is completely out of the question except possibly the exploding heads.

Boldin, including playoffs was about 1300 and 8 TD's. Davis has gotten 13 TD's in a season and been close to that yardage. Gore has been over a thousand many times. The defense has been top five for the last few seasons. James came a hair away from breaking a kickoff return at least three times I remember. IF the Niners do well enough to get back to the big game, it's a pretty safe bet that Kaepernick will have a lot to do with it and be in the MVP conversation. McDonald has been jumping high and making outrageous catches in mini-camp. Jenkins has been coming on strong. Yes, Lockette is a bit of a stretch, but he's Kaepernick's roomie so I have high hopes. And, good teams do return to the Super Bowl in successive years. It happens. And if we're talking about figurative exploding heads, I'll stand by that as well.
I never once felt like Gore's hands were questionable. In fact I can't even remember him dropping an easy one. I do remember him catching that pass on 3rd down and going 50 yards vs GB in the divisional playoff game though.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I never once felt like Gore's hands were questionable. In fact I can't even remember him dropping an easy one. I do remember him catching that pass on 3rd down and going 50 yards vs GB in the divisional playoff game though.

That is because you have a short memory
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:

I don't know. Bleacher Report rates him in the top 10 backs for receiving. So does ESPN. In the regular season, he was targeted 36 times with 28 receptions. I've never thought Frank Gore had bad hands at all.

I don't know. Bleacher Report rates him in the top 10 backs for receiving. So does ESPN. In the regular season, he was targeted 36 times with 28 receptions. I've never thought Frank Gore had bad hands at all.

Yea I'm not buying it. Guy had like 50 receptions a season before the new regime.
Okay, Boldin is 1000 yards and 10 TD's on the season. And let's call it wildly optimistic instead of sarcastic. I'm not real big on sarcasm when it comes to positive expectations or hopes for the Niners. This is the time for cautious optimism. This heavily dipped into wild optimism. But nothing on that list is completely out of the question except possibly the exploding heads.

Boldin, including playoffs was about 1300 and 8 TD's. Davis has gotten 13 TD's in a season and been close to that yardage. Gore has been over a thousand many times. The defense has been top five for the last few seasons. James came a hair away from breaking a kickoff return at least three times I remember. IF the Niners do well enough to get back to the big game, it's a pretty safe bet that Kaepernick will have a lot to do with it and be in the MVP conversation. McDonald has been jumping high and making outrageous catches in mini-camp. Jenkins has been coming on strong. Yes, Lockette is a bit of a stretch, but he's Kaepernick's roomie so I have high hopes. And, good teams do return to the Super Bowl in successive years. It happens. And if we're talking about figurative exploding heads, I'll stand by that as well.

No I think you misunderstood me. I said that they aren't really BOLD predictions because they are all realistic for the most part.. I knew what you meant with boldin, I was just giving you a hard time.

No I think you misunderstood me. I said that they aren't really BOLD predictions because they are all realistic for the most part.. I knew what you meant with boldin, I was just giving you a hard time.

Good. Thank you. Now, I do agree that the list is wildly optimistic, but why not?

Yea I'm not buying it. Guy had like 50 receptions a season before the new regime.

Yeah I wasn't saying he wasn't a top receiving back 2 years ago, I was talking about this year. He isn't even the most legit receiving back on our team IMO. I would take Spiller, Martin, CJ, Charles, McCoy, Forte, Bush, Sproles, MJD, MCf*gget, Foster, Rice, AP, Richardson, Murray and maybe even Stephen Jackson over gore as a receiving back. I don't care what bleacher report or espn says, he isn't a top 10 receiving back anymore. Sorry.
NFC champgame AT THE STICK !!!!!!!!!! Just as the old girl deserves...

Get too superbowl again !

Finally after 3 goods years in a row WE DO IT !

Yeah I wasn't saying he wasn't a top receiving back 2 years ago, I was talking about this year. He isn't even the most legit receiving back on our team IMO. I would take Spiller, Martin, CJ, Charles, McCoy, Forte, Bush, Sproles, MJD, MCf*gget, Foster, Rice, AP, Richardson, Murray and maybe even Stephen Jackson over gore as a receiving back. I don't care what bleacher report or espn says, he isn't a top 10 receiving back anymore. Sorry.

In your opinion. In your opinion. Opinions can differ and the numbers speak for themselves - 28 receptions out of 36 targeted. 15 backs had more yardage receiving, but about half of them were situational players like Sproles, not the main running workhorse for their teams. Adrian Peterson, for example, had fewer yards receiving than Frank Gore. And, half the guys on your list had fewer rushing yards than Gore.

Plus, if we're talking about the passing game, is there anyone on your list that is better at picking up the blitz. Gore is arguably the best back in the league at doing that job.
In your opinion. In your opinion. Opinions can differ and the numbers speak for themselves - 28 receptions out of 36 targeted. 15 backs had more yardage receiving, but about half of them were situational players like Sproles, not the main running workhorse for their teams. Adrian Peterson, for example, had fewer yards receiving than Frank Gore. And, half the guys on your list had fewer rushing yards than Gore.

Plus, if we're talking about the passing game, is there anyone on your list that is better at picking up the blitz. Gore is arguably the best back in the league at doing that job.

I'm talking about strictly a receiving back. Not picking up blitzers, or running between tackles, just receiving. If I'm a qb dropping back and I was checking down to my back and had to pick between the guys I listed above Gore would be at the bottom of my list with Stephen Jackson. Not gonna lie, I was surprised at good his numbers were last season but that doesn't mean I agree with you. He still drops easy passes out of the backfield that should be easily caught. The season before last his receiving numbers weren't very good and they brought in james to help. But this wasn't meant to be an argument about how good of a receiving back gore was, and that's what it is turning into.
Share 49ersWebzone