There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

bold prediction for the upcoming season

OP has resorted to school yard tactics i see. Not long now.
Jim Harbaugh will piss off another head coach from a random team which will spark a new rivalry similar to the Lions game
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
OP has resorted to school yard tactics i see. Not long now.


Still here.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,608
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
OP has resorted to school yard tactics i see. Not long now.


Still here.
now that we know that, what are we supposed to do?
Originally posted by cciowa:
now that we know that, what are we supposed to do?

Dump on Delanie Walker?

Jim DrinkAMiller asked a legitimate question. If Delanie Walker had such bad hands, why did the Titans give him such a great contract. I thought it was probably because they valued his blocking which is fabulous and need a quick blocker for Chris Johnson. But, when I looked at this Football Outsiders analysis of tight ends, I really was a little perplexed that they would give him that good a contract because he really didn't measure up very well last year.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/te

Basically, they have Vernon ranked 7th and 8th out of 49 tight ends in what they think are their most important statistical markers.

The same analysis has Delanie ranked 31st and 32nd out of 49. I'm still pissed at him for that Rams game, but even I wouldn't have thought he would rank that low.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,732
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Dump on Delanie Walker?

Jim DrinkAMiller asked a legitimate question. If Delanie Walker had such bad hands, why did the Titans give him such a great contract. I thought it was probably because they valued his blocking which is fabulous and need a quick blocker for Chris Johnson. But, when I looked at this Football Outsiders analysis of tight ends, I really was a little perplexed that they would give him that good a contract because he really didn't measure up very well last year.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/te

Basically, they have Vernon ranked 7th and 8th out of 49 tight ends in what they think are their most important statistical markers.

The same analysis has Delanie ranked 31st and 32nd out of 49. I'm still pissed at him for that Rams game, but even I wouldn't have thought he would rank that low.


PFF also had Walker ranked as the best run blocking tight end among TE that played 50% of the snaps. He was also the 4th best pass blocking TE.
Originally posted by buck:
PFF also had Walker ranked as the best run blocking tight end among TE that played 50% of the snaps. He was also the 4th best pass blocking TE.

Right. Nobody has any problems with his blocking. It's as good as it can get. So maybe Chris Johnson can get his 2000 yards this year. We'll see if Walker can block Willis or Bowman. He's certainly had some practice at that.
Was just thinking, NFC South faces the AFC east on their schedule, so I'm gonna assume (since this pattern is going almost 6 years strong, with us last year proving it again) that the Falcons go to the Superbowl this year. -Most complete team in that conference (Stephen Jackson/Gonzo redemption stories waiting to be told), they're gonna get it done this year, and beat either us or Seattle in the Championship.
Miami Dolphins
Cincinatti Bengals
Kansas City Chiefs
Minnesota Vikings
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Will all win their respective divisions
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Was just thinking, NFC South faces the AFC east on their schedule, so I'm gonna assume (since this pattern is going almost 6 years strong, with us last year proving it again) that the Falcons go to the Superbowl this year. -Most complete team in that conference (Stephen Jackson/Gonzo redemption stories waiting to be told), they're gonna get it done this year, and beat either us or Seattle in the Championship.

That would be good NFL entertainment value..upping the product. So yeah, this was my early prediction as well. Jackson and Gonzalez stories (ala Lewis last year) will be played out to the fullest. And then next year, we'll get our Superbowl and the new stadium will be heavily marketed for NFL owners.
Here are my very early but bold predictions:
  • Haralson and Dixon and Celek are cut for Johnson and Scheplar and McDonald/Gray
  • Brian Jennings (aka God) is cut
  • B.J. Daniels, Jason Scheplar, MarQueis Gray, Lawrence Okoye, Lamar Divens and Marcus Cooper all make the 53
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 6, 2013 at 9:40 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Was just thinking, NFC South faces the AFC east on their schedule, so I'm gonna assume (since this pattern is going almost 6 years strong, with us last year proving it again) that the Falcons go to the Superbowl this year. -Most complete team in that conference (Stephen Jackson/Gonzo redemption stories waiting to be told), they're gonna get it done this year, and beat either us or Seattle in the Championship.

That would be good NFL entertainment value..upping the product. So yeah, this was my early prediction as well. Jackson and Gonzalez stories (ala Lewis last year) will be played out to the fullest. And then next year, we'll get our Superbowl and the new stadium will be heavily marketed for NFL owners.

Totally; I had a creepy vision last year of us facing the Falcons in Atlanta (zero clue at the time regarding the outcome), and this time I see us going back next year (as a complete team), and winning it all. Hell, and with a 14-2 record going into the post-season (breaking records, s**t-ton of pro bowlers, Kaep possibly even league MVP), blowing the Texans out in Santa Clara.
AJ Jenkins will be our top receiver,,,,
[ Edited by gold49er2183 on Jul 6, 2013 at 9:30 AM ]
Very bold prediction: Ricardo Lockette will get behind Dick Sherman and burn him for a TD. Sherman will do his little pansy applause thing. Then, Jenkins will do it. Sherman will not do his little applause thing this time because he'll be thinking about what a bad game he's having.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Very bold prediction: Ricardo Lockette will get behind Dick Sherman and burn him for a TD. Sherman will do his little pansy applause thing. Then, Jenkins will do it. Sherman will not do his little applause thing this time because he'll be thinking about what a bad game he's having.

You think lockette makes the team g?

My other bold prediction is that Patton will be the other starting receiver opposite boldin. This won't be that big because I think we will use a nice rotation of guys like we did last year. I just think this guy has the drive to be a great player. I believe he is currently working his tail off to be ready when his number is called. I didn't see that same drive from Jenkins last season. I don't think any of the receivers have that big of an advantage in their repertoire with kaep because A boldin wasn't here last season and B ham and Williams were injured at the end of the season. They have a slight advantage over patton but not by much.