There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

bold prediction for the upcoming season

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,911
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
I'm going to call you buck-o because it sounds good to me. I was being sarcastic about laughing, and if you really got offended by me saying goofball then you need to man up. I find plenty of stuff on here about me insulting, but I'm not whining about it, because men don't whine.

I don not like buck-o. It does not sound good to me, and it isn't my name.

You can insult people when you want, if I want to respond. I will. Simple.
buck , you are not awesome like jim cuz you did not play pee wee football. I was confused on how Jim knows so much about football as compared to us morons but when he said he played pee wee football back in the day, it all made sense to me
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
I'm going to call you buck-o because it sounds good to me. I was being sarcastic about laughing, and if you really got offended by me saying goofball then you need to man up. I find plenty of stuff on here about me insulting, but I'm not whining about it, because men don't whine.

I don not like buck-o. It does not sound good to me, and it isn't my name.

You can insult people when you want, if I want to respond. I will. Simple.


I DON'T LIKE BUCK-O would be the proper English but I guess you just need to go back to school.

I like buck-o it sounds good to me.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
I'm going to call you buck-o because it sounds good to me. I was being sarcastic about laughing, and if you really got offended by me saying goofball then you need to man up. I find plenty of stuff on here about me insulting, but I'm not whining about it, because men don't whine.

I don not like buck-o. It does not sound good to me, and it isn't my name.

You can insult people when you want, if I want to respond. I will. Simple.
buck , you are not awesome like jim cuz you did not play pee wee football. I was confused on how Jim knows so much about football as compared to us morons but when he said he played pee wee football back in the day, it all made sense to me


Exactly. Your not awesome like JimDrinkAMiller so just stop trying.
Jim Drinkamiller refuses to change his OPINION. His OPINION is that Gore and Walker are similar in dropped passes. Pro Football focus describes Delenie Walker this way:

Woeful Walker: That means nobody has a worse drop rate than Walker, who dropped a staggering 30% of all catchable balls. I think I speak for all of us when I say, wow. His score puts that of Hernandez (16.39) and Graham (15) to shame, and is more than double that of Pettigrew and Finley who also feature in the bottom five.

So, while they have Gore in the middle of the pack on drop rate among running backs, they rate Walker as the worst of all tight ends on drop rate.

But, Jim Drinkamiller has his opinion and no set of facts, no statistics, no professional ratings bureau, nothing will change that.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,911
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Jim Drinkamiller refuses to change his OPINION. His OPINION is that Gore and Walker are similar in dropped passes. Pro Football focus describes Delenie Walker this way:

Woeful Walker: That means nobody has a worse drop rate than Walker, who dropped a staggering 30% of all catchable balls. I think I speak for all of us when I say, wow. His score puts that of Hernandez (16.39) and Graham (15) to shame, and is more than double that of Pettigrew and Finley who also feature in the bottom five.

So, while they have Gore in the middle of the pack on drop rate among running backs, they rate Walker as the worst of all tight ends on drop rate.

But, Jim Drinkamiller has his opinion and no set of facts, no statistics, no professional ratings bureau, nothing will change that.
facts do not mean much in the world of romper room G. You know if walker all of a sudden lights it up and proves worthy of his big deal, I will be the first to admit I was wrong about him but I just do not see it. There is no way our rookie tight end will do any worse than walker in regards to catching the ball right??
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Jim Drinkamiller refuses to change his OPINION. His OPINION is that Gore and Walker are similar in dropped passes. Pro Football focus describes Delenie Walker this way:

Woeful Walker: That means nobody has a worse drop rate than Walker, who dropped a staggering 30% of all catchable balls. I think I speak for all of us when I say, wow. His score puts that of Hernandez (16.39) and Graham (15) to shame, and is more than double that of Pettigrew and Finley who also feature in the bottom five.

So, while they have Gore in the middle of the pack on drop rate among running backs, they rate Walker as the worst of all tight ends on drop rate.

But, Jim Drinkamiller has his opinion and no set of facts, no statistics, no professional ratings bureau, nothing will change that.


Yeah so stop trying to convince me.

But I do have my stats. Both walker and gore have the same amount of drops in 2 years and that is 10.

Take it or leave it but the numbers don't lie.
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
Originally posted by Beezy33:
After a hard fought season, we end up 11-5 with the 5 seed and win the SB.

I just have a bad feeling that Seattle will figure it out in the ET zone on the road this season and win the division, claiming the 1 or 2 seed, but we'll prevail if we have to face them a 3rd time in the playoffs. As reference, I believe we either split or get swept by them this season, but we'll sweep the Rams, going 4-2 in the division, 7-3 outside of it.

Also, LMJ will have more total TDs than Gore


That is a pretty bold prediction. I personally think Russel Wilson will have a sophomore slump this year and the seahawks will either limp into the playoffs at 8-8 or 9-7 or not make the playoffs at all. I think their defense will also regress. I really hope we don't have to play in their house during the playoffs..


I am usually a little more pessimistic when it comes to predictions of my favorite team and I hope you are right about them Seahags!!!!

After seeing Jim and co dominate the last two seasons, I just have to wonder if we stay on top with the division becoming better and better. That's why I put us as the WC team like Seattle was last year. We've proven we can win on the road on the highest of levels (NE in Dec and ATL NFC Champ).

The thing that scares me the most is, can we beat the Packers two MORE in a row (Week 1 and playoffs?), meaning the last four straight, if it means a trip to Lambeau in the playoffs this year??? I'm not really scared of the Packers TEAM any more. I'm just scared of Rodgers' will to win and each L to us that will fuel the fire for revenge.

Hoping we didn't miss our window to get that ring...so close, yet no ultimate success...I feel our window is as open as long as Jim is around
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
Yeah so stop trying to convince me.

But I do have my stats. Both walker and gore have the same amount of drops in 2 years and that is 10.

Take it or leave it but the numbers don't lie.

Numbers don't lie, but people can lie with numbers. They do that by taking numbers out of context. For example, how many times was each player targeted with a pass? If they were targeted the exact same number of times, than your "numbers" would mean something. If not then your "numbers" are out of context.

Jim, really, this is pretty basic stuff.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,471
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
I DON'T LIKE BUCK-O would be the proper English but I guess you just need to go back to school.

I like buck-o it sounds good to me.


You are right. I don not like buck-o is wrong. I have no problem owning up to my mistakes.

Again. I do not like to be called buck-o. If you insist on calling me that, there is not much that I can do about it.

I would appreciate it if you stopped using that. Thank you.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Andy Lee has the worse season of his career.





























......Because we never punt


I don't know a 0.0 return average might actually be considered the best year ever.

Touché

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Jim Drinkamiller refuses to change his OPINION. His OPINION is that Gore and Walker are similar in dropped passes. Pro Football focus describes Delenie Walker this way:

Woeful Walker: That means nobody has a worse drop rate than Walker, who dropped a staggering 30% of all catchable balls. I think I speak for all of us when I say, wow. His score puts that of Hernandez (16.39) and Graham (15) to shame, and is more than double that of Pettigrew and Finley who also feature in the bottom five.

So, while they have Gore in the middle of the pack on drop rate among running backs, they rate Walker as the worst of all tight ends on drop rate.

But, Jim Drinkamiller has his opinion and no set of facts, no statistics, no professional ratings bureau, nothing will change that.
facts do not mean much in the world of romper room G. You know if walker all of a sudden lights it up and proves worthy of his big deal, I will be the first to admit I was wrong about him but I just do not see it. There is no way our rookie tight end will do any worse than walker in regards to catching the ball right??


You never know how vance is going to perform. He hasn't played yet. Yeah he will probably do and be better than delanie, I agree.

I will be the first to admit I was wrong if gore has a great year receiving, same goes with brooks. The one thing you all attacked me on was saying gore's hands were as bad as delanie's last year. Maybe it was a bit of a stretch but gore had a woeful year followed up by a below-avg. year. I don't think what I said was as bad as you all are making it out to be.

I stand by my prediction that Vernon will lead the team in yardage which really isn't a big deal. I stand by my opinion that the james/hunter combo will out-produce gore in the receiving department. I never said james was a great receiving back either, I just mentioned he had the proper skill set for it. He works well in space which is why he is on the return team.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,471
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
You never know how vance is going to perform. He hasn't played yet. Yeah he will probably do and be better than delanie, I agree.

I will be the first to admit I was wrong if gore has a great year receiving, same goes with brooks. The one thing you all attacked me on was saying gore's hands were as bad as delanie's last year. Maybe it was a bit of a stretch but gore had a woeful year followed up by a below-avg. year. I don't think what I said was as bad as you all are making it out to be.

Glad to see that you acknowledge that it was a stretch.

Gore had a dismal year in 2011, but he improved markedly in 2012. As I said in a previous post, most of his numbers in 2012 were close to or better than his averages for the last five years.

He does not need to have a great year receiving. If he continues to improve, it will help a lot, but it would sure be nice to see him, and the other backs, become a major force in the passing game. For that to happen, the backs will have to get more targets.

On defensive, we seriously need improved play at nose tackle. The defensive backfield remains a big question mark.
Can you guys take this Gore argument somewhere else....this thread totally got hijacked
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
That is BOLD

I stopped when he compared gore to walker

Ridiculousness.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Can you guys take this Gore argument somewhere else....this thread totally got hijacked

Hijacked by the thread starter? Really? Gore was specifically mentioned in the original post.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Jun 18, 2013 at 9:50 PM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home