There are 181 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

bold prediction for the upcoming season

Originally posted by buck:
ElDannMann

Where did you get the stats for Gore?

I have different numbers. I got them from Pro Football Focus.

It would be nice to have another source of information.

Thanks

Pro Football Focus might be more accurate. I actually prefer that site to the site I used. I got mine from:

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2012/

Are your numbers similar or different to mine? I thought they seemed to be pretty accurate, as earlier in his career, Frank Gore was one hell of a receiving back. I still feel he could be a receiving threat; however, our offense as moved him away from that.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I don't know if Gore will have the best season of his career, but I stand by my earlier prediction that he will go over a thousand again and have over 10 TD's.

of course this is the truth. i know we are all supposed to be scared of father time and gore but gore is the least of our concerns. actually just getting some guys healthy, fixing the special teams, working on getting plays called in on time finding a punt returner or two is all i am worried about. I am not worried about our wide outs because many good posters have pointed out kyle will be back, mario maybe by week two or three, we got vernon, and anything we get from the kids at wr and our back up tight end will just be gravy. so really not that many concerns moving forward, but of course i am just a goof ball who never played qb in pee wee football so what the f**k do i know
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
But according to all of you goofballs he comes up with money plays . .
goofballs.

1. Don't be a jerk.

good stuff buck-o. That made me laugh.

My name is not buck-o. My post was not intended to make you laugh.

I found your both your goofball remark and your response to my post insulting.

If you want to play the jerk go ahead, but it is against the rules.
do not play the game anymore buck,, you are to good a poster for that. after a while and a few dozen posts you just realize that some people can not be reasoned with and you will only get in trouble , people like this guy come and go here all the time,, the names will change but they are always the same people
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
do not play the game anymore buck,, you are to good a poster for that. after a while and a few dozen posts you just realize that some people can not be reasoned with and you will only get in trouble , people like this guy come and go here all the time,, the names will change but they are always the same people

Thanks you the advice.

I dont always agree with cc, but at the moment i agree 1000%.
So ahmad brooks takes credit for ryan landing wrong on his shoulder and getting injured?

That's only 2 plays too...

He is the one who put the hit on him lol. If not him who else?

Yes 2 plays, i'm not gonna search the internet over for footage so I can illustrate to you that our second team all pro linebacker is good. So I chose 2 big plays that popped into my mind, that just so happened to have a huge impact on us winning the NFCCG.
Lets get back to bold predictions instead of arguing about whether our top tier players are good or not.

My bold predictions are
The MVP for this season is on this team.
Kaep really spreads his wings this season, and shakes the Mike VIck/Running QB title
Nnamdi returns to Pro Bowl form takes over Rogers spot permanently
McDonalds great hands/size/speed overshadows the loss of Walker
Our Defense stuns Seattle & St Louis by shutting down the receivers they though would attack our weakness (Harvin & Austin)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

I dont always agree with cc, but at the moment i agree 1000%.
thank you,, me telling someone not to respond to someone who is raving is kind of odd don't you think? i am usually the raving one
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Lets get back to bold predictions instead of arguing about whether our top tier players are good or not.

My bold predictions are
Kaep really spreads his wings this season, and shakes the Mike VIck/Running QB title
Our Defense stuns Seattle & St Louis by shutting down the receivers they though would attack our weakness (Harvin & Austin)
i agree with all your bullet points but number two in regards to running. is it possible they may actually not run him a whole lot this year much due to the fact we have such a good stable of backs and there is no need to expose him. Its not like the old days when steve young was our best running back,, plus he can do just as much damage with his arm?? Now of course i know with a weapon like him, we will probably dial up some running plays for him but as far as him running for a 1000 yards or whatever, do you think we really need that in order to go deep in the playoffs and maybe win the super bowl? would appreciate your input on this thank you cc
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

My bold predictions are
you know the wolf just summed up what this thread became in his first sentence,,, here we are allowing ourselves to actually have a discussion about whether two of our best best players are good or not
i agree with all your bullet points but number two in regards to running. is it possible they may actually not run him a whole lot this year much due to the fact we have such a good stable of backs and there is no need to expose him. Its not like the old days when steve young was our best running back,, plus he can do just as much damage with his arm?? Now of course i know with a weapon like him, we will probably dial up some running plays for him but as far as him running for a 1000 yards or whatever, do you think we really need that in order to go deep in the playoffs and maybe win the super bowl? would appreciate your input on this thank you cc

I honestly think most big plays will be made with his arm, or by a RB, but I do think there will be a few "broken" plays where he has to cut loose and do damage with his legs. The big thing I think of is alot of teams are stuck on trying to figure out how to stop the pistol formation, I see alot of teams attempting what Atlanta did and thats where the damage with his arm will be done. Teams will sacrifice a player to be a "spy" and he will take advantage of it it. This being a main reason the pistol formation is a permanent chapter in our playbook now, but I see more runs by RBs, and play action plays coming from it then runs by Kaep. The media has made it obvious his leadership skills have strengthened the next step for him IMO is recognition of defenses, and calling the correct audibles at the line. If he can get that down we will have at least 2 more Super Bowls with him as our starter.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Pro Football Focus might be more accurate. I actually prefer that site to the site I used. I got mine from:

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2012/

Are your numbers similar or different to mine? I thought they seemed to be pretty accurate, as earlier in his career, Frank Gore was one hell of a receiving back. I still feel he could be a receiving threat; however, our offense as moved him away from that.

PFF and the NFL have Gore with 186 receptions from 2008 to 2012. Sports Charts has him with185.

Drops PFF 21 SC 19 (2008 to2012)

Targets PFF 244 SC 280 (2008 to 2012)

PFF has a column catchable balls. They get their drop rate by dividing drops by catchable balls.
SC does not a column catchable balls. They get their drop rate by dividing drops by targets.

The target differences are the largest. The differences seem to affect the drop rate by a range of less than !% to a maximum of 5% with SC giving Gore better drop rates.

• buck
  • Veteran
double post sorry

[ Edited by buck on Jun 17, 2013 at 9:55 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

I honestly think most big plays will be made with his arm, or by a RB, but I do think there will be a few "broken" plays where he has to cut loose and do damage with his legs. The big thing I think of is alot of teams are stuck on trying to figure out how to stop the pistol formation, I see alot of teams attempting what Atlanta did and thats where the damage with his arm will be done. Teams will sacrifice a player to be a "spy" and he will take advantage of it it. This being a main reason the pistol formation is a permanent chapter in our playbook now, but I see more runs by RBs, and play action plays coming from it then runs by Kaep. The media has made it obvious his leadership skills have strengthened the next step for him IMO is recognition of defenses, and calling the correct audibles at the line. If he can get that down we will have at least 2 more Super Bowls with him as our starter.
thank you, good thoughts, makes alot of sense,, just another tool in the toolkit,, it would be nice if we can make teams look like big dummys when we are on offense, kind of like the way the packers looked that night
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

they say(whoever the hell they are), we HAVE to win super bowls before we have to start to pay CK the big bucks. when one asks why, they just say since the pats started to pay up for brady, they never won a super bowl.. Not sure if i adhere to that theory or not what do you think about that stuff?