There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cool Joe Montana Stat

It might not surprise most of you but take a look

Most Postseason TD Passes

1.Joe Montana 45
2.Brett Favre 44
3.Tom Brady 42
4.Peyton Manning 32

http://sportslistoftheday.com/2012/01/14/nfl-most-passing-touchdowns-in-playoff-history-since-1960/

Brady is closing in
Wow, surprised he's still in the lead.
Hell of a stat considering the NFL is deemed to have become a "passing league" the last 5-6 years.
GOAT

OR

GTFO

:)
Also I would like to see how many post season games each have played in. I know Montana didn't play in a few even though he started and got taken out (2 giants games off the top of my head)
That is my post on Sports List of the Day. Thank you. Nice to be referenced. As for postseason games played, per pro-football-reference here, it's

Montana 23
Favre 24
Brady 24
P. Manning 20

I'd have to do some further digging to weed out those taken-out-of-games elquapo has mentioned. I watched live Montana get knocked out against the Giants, so he probably would have had a couple more TDs along the way. But, that's part of the game. Look at Manning - he missed a whole season.

Thanks Guys! Your 49ers sure look good for next season.
127+ passer rating in 4 Super Bowls. 12 SB TDs, 0 SB picks.

Knocked out of one NFC Championship game
Played through 2 NFL strikes.

No question he's the greatest.
You gotta post the TD and INT ratio. My guess is Joe is pretty respectable even with INTs. He did threw a few INTs among those 45 TDs
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jun 11, 2013 at 3:02 PM ]
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Hell of a stat considering the NFL is deemed to have become a "passing league" the last 5-6 years.

There really is no comparing passing stats of of generation to the next. The only way to compare a player from the 80's or 90's to a player today is against the average like they do in baseball with ERA.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Jun 11, 2013 at 5:49 PM ]
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Wow, surprised he's still in the lead.


Originally posted by global_nomad:
Hell of a stat considering the NFL is deemed to have become a "passing league" the last 5-6 years.


Yep, my first thoughts exactly.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
It might not surprise most of you but take a look

Most Postseason TD Passes

1.Joe Montana 45
2.Brett Favre 44
3.Tom Brady 42
4.Peyton Manning 32

http://sportslistoftheday.com/2012/01/14/nfl-most-passing-touchdowns-in-playoff-history-since-1960/

Brady is closing in

Favre and Brady play/played in today's passing league. Joe didn't.

Sucks for Favre that all those passing TDs only led to one championship. He probably leads in most INTs thrown in the postseason too, though.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Jun 11, 2013 at 7:00 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Wow, surprised he's still in the lead.


Originally posted by global_nomad:
Hell of a stat considering the NFL is deemed to have become a "passing league" the last 5-6 years.


Yep, my first thoughts exactly.

also shows how great the WCO system was, became, and is today.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Wow, surprised he's still in the lead.

These guys wouldn't of survived very long with the 80s rules.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
also shows how great the WCO system was, became, and is today.



yea its two sided....Joe threw against defenses built to stop the run....