LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 298 users in the forums

June Minicamp Thread/News: 11-13 June

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
lol @ the staff trying to build up Jenkins. Reminds me of how Harbaugh would stroke Alex Smith.

they arent trying to build him up. when they get 1000 aj jenkins question you get 1000 aj jenkins answers...get it?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
lol @ the staff trying to build up Jenkins. Reminds me of how Harbaugh would stroke Alex Smith.

they arent trying to build him up. when they get 1000 aj jenkins question you get 1000 aj jenkins answers...get it?

I know this has been noted by other posters but it seems like every time harbs lavish's praise on a "struggling" player they have a breakout year.

2011 Alex, 2012 Crabs, 2013 AJJ?
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I know this has been noted by other posters but it seems like every time harbs lavish's praise on a "struggling" player they have a breakout year.

2011 Alex, 2012 Crabs, 2013 AJJ?

Let's hope the trend continues..........
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by tigolbitties:

Hopefully with the same type pf results. Barrows said he didn't have a drop so that is a good start.

I remember Harbaugh stroking Crabtree last offseason also saying that he was having a fine camp and running better because he was healthy and that he had the greatest hands he had ever seen and that seemed to turn out great for Crabtree
I recall the same as well.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
jenkins should be happy the coach is talking about him. When he stops talking about players,, edwards, jacobs etc,,, that means you are about to be dumped

It seems that the Achilles Heel of our team is our Achilles Heel.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ghostrider:

like the dreaded high ankle sprain of a few years ago. i see some people are now trying to analyze this to death wondering if it the turf or grass or whatever. No its football and s**t happens., On another note, I am very happy to see and hear nice reports coming out from kyle williams and jenkins. I know some people pooh pooh those reports but that is usually because you never liked the player or the pick in the first place. we know what would be said if the reports coming out were bad. I think when the season starts boldin and kyle will be the starters. People have been trying to bury kyle for years around here for lots of reasons(illogical as they may be) and I think he will prove them wrong once again this year. so far so good for jenkins and I now have a feeling this bust blather will go away this year. If i am wrong , so what. I thought at one time david boston would be our savior when owens left town
Originally posted by cciowa:

like the dreaded high ankle sprain of a few years ago. i see some people are now trying to analyze this to death wondering if it the turf or grass or whatever. No its football and s**t happens., On another note, I am very happy to see and hear nice reports coming out from kyle williams and jenkins. I know some people pooh pooh those reports but that is usually because you never liked the player or the pick in the first place. we know what would be said if the reports coming out were bad. I think when the season starts boldin and kyle will be the starters. People have been trying to bury kyle for years around here for lots of reasons(illogical as they may be) and I think he will prove them wrong once again this year. so far so good for jenkins and I now have a feeling this bust blather will go away this year. If i am wrong , so what. I thought at one time david boston would be our savior when owens left town

It's all a wild guess at this point, but if healthy, Williams has a great shot to start. It would be outstanding if Jenkins could do well enough to win the #2.

1. Boldin
2. Jenkins
3. Williams
4. Patton
5. Lockette
6. Osgood/Hall/Moore/Chuck Jacobs

PUP: Manningham, Crabtree
Jenkins will seize his opportunity and become the #2 WR 'til Crabtree returns. Lockette said A.J. would make an impact...sounds like he may be right.

I agree with you except I'm not willing to bet that Kyle will start. I like him and think he has a good chance to start, but if Jenkins truly does play well in TC and preseason, any perceived tie between the two will likely go to Jenkins based on the financial & draft investment the team has in him.
I agree with you except I'm not willing to bet that Kyle will start. I like him and think he has a good chance to start, but if Jenkins truly does play well in TC and preseason, any perceived tie between the two will likely go to Jenkins based on the financial & draft investment the team has in him.

Also, Jenkins has deep speed, where Williams is more quick than fast.

I'm with you man, I am a big fan of Kyle. People just will hate on him no matter what he does because of the NFCC game. I'm rooting for him.
AJ is going to blow up this season. I have faith in him. Then when we get Manningham and Williams back we'll have a very decent receiving core. I think our two TE set is going to be hard for a lot of teams to defend as well. GO NINERS!
http://49rs.me/m169t

Share 49ersWebzone