LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Stacked at back

Shop Find 49ers gear online
One thing we know we have is a great coach, QB, OC, OL, WRs and TEs that block well and Frank Gore as a mentor. With what surrounds all this young talent that we have amassed in the back field they truly have a medium in which to succeed. We should continue to be a top 5 rushing attack annually
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jun 8, 2013 at 5:25 PM ]
Are Hunter and LMJ too small to carry the heavy load of a feature back. Frank can get the tough yards on third and short. Watch Jewel Hampton he could surprise.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Are Hunter and LMJ too small to carry the heavy load of a feature back. Frank can get the tough yards on third and short. Watch Jewel Hampton he could surprise.

Yeah, Hampton has the same build as Gore. It's hard to predict based on build, though. So much of Gore is the little things, the vision, the jump spins, the cutting on a dime, the hitting the hole so quickly and turning to the side a little so that he can slide through it as it's closing. He's really an amazing back. Let's hope Gore teaches them some of his tricks.
People forget that we have the O-Line that can turn 4 yards a carry into 5 or 6. That's what has me excited. Huge holes for Gore and Hunter to run through. Some interesting new play calls for Lamichael James. If I don't see any of Lattimore until 2014 it's not as bad as him being on a team that expects him to be the man for a struggling franchise. With Kaepernick picking up 600-1000 yards himself, we should have the number one rushing team in football.
I hope we hang on to Frank for a couple more years, I'm truly going to miss him when he's gone. An all-time 49er great. Maybe the best 49er RB ever.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I hope we hang on to Frank for a couple more years, I'm truly going to miss him when he's gone. An all-time 49er great. Maybe the best 49er RB ever.

I think there's a great chance they will hold on to him. If last season proved anything, it showed that when he gets spelled a little during the season, he's still got a lot left at the very end. He ran for more than a hundred yards in the Super Bowl against a Ravens defense. What more does he need to do to demonstrate that he's still got a lot left in the tank?
We stacked at the back now we here
My guess is they continue with the Gore Hunter rotation LMJ on 3rd downs or specialty plays, Miller at Fullback Lattimore red shirted poor dixon unless he has a great training camp i don't see him making the 53 they don't need him at running back and the special teams are loaded this season unlike last years.
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
junk in da trunk

I'm gonna start using "stacked in the back" as my phrase for a copiously endowed behind section.
Crack back stack back

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Crack back stack back

Nut crack give da dawg a bone
Remind me again how SEATTLE is better than us at this position??!
You can never have enough backs. I'm really liking what we have with Gore, Hunter and James....then throw in Lattimore who is an elite talent. Bruce is a solid FB and I like Anthony Dixon. Solid player that will do what is asked of him without b***hing. Seems like a good locker room guy too.
Yeah, I really wonder if Dixon is going to be able to stick with the team. He's been getting better and better over the years and now he's a great special teamer. But, the numbers are not on his side. He's not an eventual replacement for Gore. I suppose he's insurance at the FB position in case Bruce Miller gets injured. That may save him.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Remind me again how SEATTLE is better than us at this position??!
I don't see it.
Share 49ersWebzone