There are 242 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vernonf Davis #38 Navaro Bowman #37 NFL Network top 100 of 2013

Originally posted by ninerjok:
What are these players even looking at? Patrick Peterson ranked 33rd? playing for one of the worst teams last season is pure BS. He's in no way, shape or form better than Bowman.

patrick peterson ranked the best CB in the league according to this list

lol, what a joke. dude isn't top 10
strong chance crabtree isnt on the list
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Can almost guarantee he's not. They should've ranked P. Peterson based on defending Crabs. He'd be ranked about 1,033. Niners left to make the list are most likely Smith bros. and Willis.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
What are these players even looking at? Patrick Peterson ranked 33rd? playing for one of the worst teams last season is pure BS. He's in no way, shape or form better than Bowman.

patrick peterson ranked the best CB in the league according to this list

lol, what a joke. dude isn't top 10

Best PR maybe but CB? No f**king way.
About Crabtree, you'd figure at this point, the remaining players would be kinda obvious as there aren't a ton of guys that could either be top-30 OR not even top-100 (although it can be pretty retarded, see: Justin Smith not making the list at all in 2011). From around Halloween time (I guess starting with the game in the desert where he abused Peterson and then picking up even more steam when Kap took over) until the end of the regular season he was arguably the best WR in football not named calvin johnson. Smells like some top-30 stuff there, and then to also have, one fumble aside, a phenomenal postseason should put the cherry on the cake you'd figure to have certainly been at least on the overall list, but I guess we shall see. Seems pretty inconceivable to me that he's not one of the 100 best players, especially after seeing some of these other names chosen.

Guys who missed it this year that will/should make it next year:

-Iupati (should have easily made it this year)
-Boone
-A. Davis
-at least one of McDonald/Brooks
-maybe T-Brown or Boldin
-potential sleeper could be Dorsey if his return to what his role was as an LSU Tiger leads to anywhere near comparable production
[ Edited by kap2crab on Jun 6, 2013 at 10:51 PM ]
Can almost guarantee he's not. They should've ranked P. Peterson based on defending Crabs. He'd be ranked about 1,033. Niners left to make the list are most likely Smith bros. and Willis.

If Crabs played his career against PP he's b in the HOF.
Like I tweeted last night (@ninerscommunity) Vernon being ranked that high shows how much respect players have for him and how good he really is. He had 6 catches in his last 6 games (regular season) and was still ranked 38. Much respect from peers.
Originally posted by kap2crab:
About Crabtree, you'd figure at this point, the remaining players would be kinda obvious as there aren't a ton of guys that could either be top-30 OR not even top-100 (although it can be pretty retarded, see: Justin Smith not making the list at all in 2011). From around Halloween time (I guess starting with the game in the desert where he abused Peterson and then picking up even more steam when Kap took over) until the end of the regular season he was arguably the best WR in football not named calvin johnson. Smells like some top-30 stuff there, and then to also have, one fumble aside, a phenomenal postseason should put the cherry on the cake you'd figure to have certainly been at least on the overall list, but I guess we shall see. Seems pretty inconceivable to me that he's not one of the 100 best players, especially after seeing some of these other names chosen.

Guys who missed it this year that will/should make it next year:

-Iupati (should have easily made it this year)
-Boone
-A. Davis
-at least one of McDonald/Brooks
-maybe T-Brown or Boldin
-potential sleeper could be Dorsey if his return to what his role was as an LSU Tiger leads to anywhere near comparable production

Its kind of laughable that the list doesnt include Ahmad Brooks but Clay Matthews is #31.

BTW...I am not a fan of Matthews and think he is the most overrated defender in football. JMO.

Tarell Brown should be in the 91-100 being he is the best CB on the best defense in the league.

this
Vernonf is the best, he has gire in the backfield
Next three will be Aldon, Crabs & Pat
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Next three will be Aldon, Crabs & Pat

j smith????
Originally posted by niner4life21:
j smith????

I honestly wouldnt be to shocked if he didnt make the list, he was only full strength for 12 games, the rest he was quite hobbled with the tricep injury and it showed. Same can be said for Aldon, but Aldon also set a record. Crabs did something that hadn't been done in a decade on top of being one of the best posession receivers in the league, and Pat is well Pat.
j smith????

I honestly wouldnt be to shocked if he didnt make the list, he was only full strength for 12 games, the rest he was quite hobbled with the tricep injury and it showed. Same can be said for Aldon, but Aldon also set a record. Crabs did something that hadn't been done in a decade on top of being one of the best posession receivers in the league, and Pat is well Pat.

I don't think J Smith will lose points for missing a few games and then playing honorably with one arm. I doubt he falls from one of the top players in the league to off the list.
j smith????

Crabs is a beast and I'd love to see him on the list...lets see.