LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Colt McCoy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by 60sfan:
McCoy is a more accurate passer and a better runner.

McCoy - 58.3% 6.25 yd/att
Smith (circa 2011) - 57.1% 6.20 yd/att

Very similar

McCoy under Harbaugh for a year will greatly improve. Remember, Cleveland sucked.

Very similar

McCoy under Harbaugh for a year will greatly improve. Remember, Cleveland sucked.

That was the point. He should be able to see an appreciable increase in production, just like Alex (if required of course). Hopefully he'll only see mop-up duty.

Very similar

It's called the eye test.
When it's all said and done I think Colt will win the #2 QB spot. If everything goes right though he will only see the field in 4th quarter garbage time because we are blowing out our opponent.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Very similar

Are you saying that the eye test would have gone in favor of Alex, before Harbaugh? Because I don't know about that. I'd say there were about the same. And before 2011, the Browns were in a tougher division than the Niners.

Very similar

Are you saying that the eye test would have gone in favor of Alex, before Harbaugh? Because I don't know about that. I'd say there were about the same. And before 2011, the Browns were in a tougher division than the Niners.

"McCoy is a more accurate passer and a better runner."

Eye test falls in favor of McCoy in that one. Plus McCoy didn't have near as the same pieces around him like Alex did.

Very similar

Eye test falls in favor of McCoy in that one. Plus McCoy didn't have near as the same pieces around him like Alex did.

Ok, I think we agree... Either way, having Harbaugh for a year or two will do wonders for his career. Maybe we can end up trading him for another 2 seconds

Very similar

Ok, I think we agree... Either way, having Harbaugh for a year or two will do wonders for his career. Maybe we can end up trading him for another 2 seconds

Oh no question it'll do wonders man. They saw something in McCoy they liked
Im hoping he is our backup for only this year, would love to get Jake Locker next season if the Titans dub him "bust"
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Im hoping he is our backup for only this year, would love to get Jake Locker next season if the Titans dub him "bust"

Take in castoff QB's, have Harbs coach em up, then turn em into draft picks

About as similar a QB to Alex as they could have hoped to get. Alex has better arm strength and slightly better mobility, McCoy has better accuracy and represents more of a natural leader....field general.
I could see colt winning a game....

If the defense pitches a shutout
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Take in castoff QB's, have Harbs coach em up, then turn em into draft picks

exactly, Locker has the ability to be twice as good as McCoy
Whoever leaves Cleveland wins Championships Ask LeBron James
This is the best thing that could of happened to Mckoy. Gets traded to a super bowl contender and gets to train with the Yoda of QB coaches.
Share 49ersWebzone