There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Parys Haralson and LB depth

Fangio has been an NFL coach for over 20 years during his career. 2 years of college coaching, 3 years at the HS level and one year at Milford Academy...whatever that is. So I doubt he confuses college level play with the NFL.
Completely forgot about this guy until yesterday. Dude used to be a "decent" starter for us but now should add tremendous depth. Not to mention Lemonhead looking good out there as well. IMO this is huge.
all the back ups at lb will be new this year. they should have much better depth and hopefully, they will be able to spell guys more down the stretch.

haralson should be able to give quality minutes at the olb and lemonier and skuta looked like they had some pass rushing skills.

hopefully wilhoite is able to give patrick and navorro a breather inside.
Skuta will end up taking Cam's spot.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I feel this is one of the most improved areas on the team. i will not longer have a sinking feeling in my gut if one of the starters gets dinged a bit,, and all those guys who will be our backup backers, will improve special teams, ten fold. next to the running backs, this area is probably the best unit within the team, both from a quality and quantity standpoint in my opinion.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninergold:
all the back ups at lb will be new this year. they should have much better depth and hopefully, they will be able to spell guys more down the stretch.

haralson should be able to give quality minutes at the olb and lemonier and skuta looked like they had some pass rushing skills.

hopefully wilhoite is able to give patrick and navorro a breather inside.

i wonder if they will continue to do with patrick when they started a year ago and take him out on passing downs. yes short of major injury, i think the only time patrick and his henchman navorro will not see the field is to take a short breather as you said,. Oh I also hope , trust and pray,, we will NOT see them on special teams like we had to last year
skuta can play inside, too? plus, he's a good special teams guy.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

coach loves it when you can multi task
Originally posted by cciowa:

I was hoping to see good progress from Cam Johnson, but looks like he's behind Lemonier, Haralson, and Skuta
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I think we missed him alot more than we imagined.

We did, I would like to see some rotation in the front 7 especially early then make the playoff ... check ... Super Bowl run.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I was hoping to see good progress from Cam Johnson, but looks like he's behind Lemonier, Haralson, and Skuta
god , we are so much better than last year when we resorted to huggins/higgins, whatever the f**k he was called

god , we are so much better than last year when we resorted to huggins/higgins, whatever the f**k he was called

For sure, I think the OLB position is pretty set

For sure, I think the OLB position is pretty set

If PH is back to normal our run defense will improve and hopefully will get 2011 results
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
If PH is back to normal our run defense will improve and hopefully will get 2011 results

Better depth at olb and better play from the nose on base downs coupled with better blocking and coverage on special teams its not hard to see why Vegas has us going back to the Super Bowl.

I think his name was Clark haggins.

Your post cracked me
Up though