• Our new backup TE is a rookie and may not block as well as Delanie

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by susweel:
meh.... we gonna be lucky to win 8 games

Agreed

We need Alex back, Kaep isn't ready yet

• Antix
  • Veteran
The more I think of it the more Im worried about Crabs. His YAC will be sorely missed and we don't have another WR (besides Boldin, who is old) who is close to his production. Williams is OK. Jenkins seems like at his very best he'll be a decent #2, and Patton is a rookie. I think this will stop any chance of our offense being "great".

Im hoping they use LMJ as a receiver more for YAC reasons. If it's 3rd and 8 and we HAVE to throw it passed the marker in hopes of getting a 1st, that's gonna hurt.
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Originally posted by thl408:
I kind of like the identity of a punishing ground attack. With the ability for the passing attack to be so explosive, it kind of takes away from the ground game. Going 70 yards in 6 plays (using explosive passing plays) is much different than going 70 yards in 12 plays (with a punishing ground attack). I hope that the 49ers' continue to use the ground attack as their foundation and not get caught up with the sexy passing offense. Kap should not ever have more than 35 passing attempts per game, as a general statement.

The best offenses are the ones that can do it both ways.

Agree
Originally posted by Antix:
The more I think of it the more Im worried about Crabs. His YAC will be sorely missed and we don't have another WR (besides Boldin, who is old) who is close to his production. Williams is OK. Jenkins seems like at his very best he'll be a decent #2, and Patton is a rookie. I think this will stop any chance of our offense being "great".

Im hoping they use LMJ as a receiver more for YAC reasons. If it's 3rd and 8 and we HAVE to throw it passed the marker in hopes of getting a 1st, that's gonna hurt.

I agree that this is where crabs will be missed the most. He was a stick moving machine. So many drives extended by him catching the ball short of the first down and basically willing himself to a first lol.

Somebody is going to have to step up in that department. Boldin maybe?
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
up to the coaches...against lesser teams we just lined up in big formations and tried to bully ...which contributed to some losses

which i don't mind , but at least do it with a lead first.

Absolutely. Some of the great teams from the past that had big, physical O-lines would get a lead and then just wear defenses down usually in the second half and just demoralize them. I'd like to see more of a Walsh approach in using a passing game to score points and get a lead and then use the running game to run out the clock and wear them down.

Can I ask you a question why are you down playing our team we are promoting positiveness on this forum?
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

Agreed

We need Alex back, Kaep isn't ready yet

So if we won the Super bowl then Kaep would be ready? Alex Smith only threw the ball to Vernon Davis and he was a game manager who does not have the skill set and poise like Kaep. Alex is mediocre Quarter back nothing to write home about. Kaep is A NATURE BORN LEADER... We won the Super Bowl but the REFS CHEATED US OUT OF THE SUPER BOWL....

I HOPE WHEN THE SEASON START... I WANT YOU TO COME BACK ON HERE AND SAY THAT ABOUT KAEP.... LOL NOT HATING JUST SAYING!
I know everyone is worried about losing crabs, and i agree it sucks. But my personal perspective is this, even though he made huge strides this last season, he wasnt the best WR currently on the roster. That title belongs to Boldin. Boldin is not as old as everyone makes him out to be. We are not talking about a washed up randy moss here. Even with a healthy Crabtree. Crabtree probably would have benifited most from boldin however, because Boldin demands the double.

I know i am in the minority, but i was of the strong opinion very early that Boldin would be our leading WR this season. Obviously with Crabtree out now, that is almost a guarantee. Boldin and Kaep will be a match made in heaven.

1200+ 11+ TD's.

We just need the young guys to step up opposite him.

2+0+1+3 = 6

6: # of days it took God to create the universe

God: biggest niners fan in the universe

Universe: Very big

Championship: 49ers because of God

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I know everyone is worried about losing crabs, and i agree it sucks. But my personal perspective is this, even though he made huge strides this last season, he wasnt the best WR currently on the roster. That title belongs to Boldin. Boldin is not as old as everyone makes him out to be. We are not talking about a washed up randy moss here. Even with a healthy Crabtree. Crabtree probably would have benifited most from boldin however, because Boldin demands the double.

I know i am in the minority, but i was of the strong opinion very early that Boldin would be our leading WR this season. Obviously with Crabtree out now, that is almost a guarantee. Boldin and Kaep will be a match made in heaven.

1200+ 11+ TD's.

We just need the young guys to step up opposite him.

Crab was clearly better than Boldin.
Absolutely. Some of the great teams from the past that had big, physical O-lines would get a lead and then just wear defenses down usually in the second half and just demoralize them. I'd like to see more of a Walsh approach in using a passing game to score points and get a lead and then use the running game to run out the clock and wear them down.

I'm with ya. Use the running game to eat the clock and wear the other side down.
We will definitely be worse

1. Harbaugh can't win the BIG GAME
2. Carlos Rogers thinks he is a starter
3. Nnamdi Asomugha is too old
4. Luke Keuchly is already better than Patrick Willis, who is too old
5. Anthony Davis isn't as good as Roger Saffold
6. Kap is too old to be a 3rd year quarterback and will never be a pocket passer and isn't clutch
[ Edited by ninermedic on Jun 4, 2013 at 4:28 AM ]
Originally posted by fryet:
Reasons it can be better:
  • Kaep has more time to develop his skills
  • OL is young and hasn't peaked yet
  • Our new backup TE certainly can't drop more passes than Delanie

Reasons it can be worse:
  • best receiver is on IR
  • the rest of the receivers are aging, unproven, or coming off of injury
  • Frank Gore is a year older
  • Our new backup TE is a rookie and may not block as well as Delanie

I don't think it can be overstated that Kap is going through a full offseason as the man for the 1st time. What he did last year was just thrown together on the fly, and it was the best first 10 starts any QB has had in the last 5 years.
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
up to the coaches...against lesser teams we just lined up in big formations and tried to bully ...which contributed to some losses

which i don't mind , but at least do it with a lead first.

Share 49ersWebzone