LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Countdown to Training Camp (July 19): 0 days!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by corona55569:
Originally posted by Chico:
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Looks like Tank Carradine has already bulked up some. Will be up to 290 or so in no time. By the way that is Keena Turner on the far right in the 1st row. Anyone know who is on the far left of that row?

It's YO DADDY!

Is tank far upper right or left thanks ?? Will take my answer off the air ha ha

I'll take a stab at it. Starting from top row left to right : Quinton Dial, Corey Lemonier, Vance McDonald, Carter Bykowski,Nick Moody, Tank Carradine. Bottom Row of players left to right (don't know who the old guy is on the bottom left) Marcus Cooper, Marcus Lattimore, BJ Daniels, Eric Reed, Quinton Patton. Keena Turner on far bottom right.

The old guy on the left is Earl Smith, Chaplin and religious leader of the 49ers. He was hired by Bill Walsh back in the 80's I believe. Can't believe 49ers fans don't know who Earl Smith is!
He did BW funeral as well as the funeral of Herrion who passed away in the locker room.

Man you got me

The old guy on the left is Earl Smith, Chaplin and religious leader of the 49ers. He was hired by Bill Walsh back in the 80's I believe. Can't believe 49ers fans don't know who Earl Smith is!
He did BW funeral as well as the funeral of Herrion who passed away in the locker room.

I know who Dr. Harry Edwards is but never heard of Earl Smith. Maybe it's because I am in Wisconsin; he's probably more known in the Bay Area. I've been on this board almost every day since January of 2005 and don't recall him ever being brought up. Don't recall him ever being brought up during a game either. I know who Thomas Herrion is though and I have watched all the video's up on Bill Walsh's funeral and heard Dr. Edwards talk but never seen Smith mentioned.

And thanks E-49er for naming everyone and you are correct on all. It was taken at the rookie symposium recently.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 17, 2013 at 4:52 PM ]
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:

I know who Dr. Harry Edwards is but never heard of Earl Smith. Maybe it's because I am in Wisconsin; he's probably more known in the Bay Area. I've been on this board almost every day since January of 2005 and don't recall him ever being brought up. Don't recall him ever being brought up during a game either. I know who Thomas Herrion is though and I have watched all the video's up on Bill Walsh's funeral and heard Dr. Edwards talk but never seen Smith mentioned.

And thanks E-49er for naming everyone and you are correct on all. It was taken at the rookie symposium recently.
Well he has it right found this article on Earl Smith. Although according to this he became chaplin in in 1998 so Walsh may have played a role but not as coach. http://www.marinij.com/marin/ci_4464414
So ready!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Eric Reid looks like he's going to hurt some WRs bad with them guns he's sporting. I hope his range/speed and ability to read offense improves quickly!
Originally posted by tohara3:
So ready!

This.

Bring it.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jul 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
1 day
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
I don't know but I hope so. Very curious to see what he can do at OT after hearing about him. Will he end up being better than our draft pick, Bykowski? Bring on training camp and football season!

marquardt looks the part. when he walks by, you do a double take; bykowski's physical form is completely forgettable.

Originally posted by xcfan:
marquardt looks the part. when he walks by, you do a double take; bykowski's physical form is completely forgettable.

Agreed. Hopefully if he makes the team or practice squad (more likely) he takes the time to bulk up. Looks like the average joe who happens to be tall. Hopefully his technique is good. I thought we would go after Marquardt in the mid rounds and was glad we picked him up as an UDFA. He'll probably go to PUP and then possibly IR but I think he has a much better chance sticking around than Bykowski and maybe even be our 3rd T down the road.

And so glad training camp is finally here. Been so sick of all the media and their fabricated stories to keep things interesting in the offseason. Sick of all the off the field problems with these players as well. Football is one of the few interests I have these days. I use to be into college basketball, nba, mlb and college football a lot more. Pretty much scoreboard watch now, they just don't do it for me. I need a fix so bad I'm actually looking forward to the Cowboys Dolphins HOF Game. 17 days away and 21 until our first game.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 18, 2013 at 1:06 AM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
marquardt's upper body is fine, but his lower body needs work. he's light in the butt. he has pretty athletic legs, but he needs more hip size and hip strength to have good nfl power. his legs look more low-post bball than nfl lineman.
Originally posted by xcfan:
marquardt's upper body is fine, but his lower body needs work. he's light in the butt. he has pretty athletic legs, but he needs more hip size and hip strength to have good nfl power. his legs look more low-post bball than nfl lineman.

Yeah was going to say he still needs work. His legs aren't big enough. Thighs as well. Being 6'8" and 315 he has the frame to add 10-15 pounds of muscle/bulk especially in the lower part of his body like you said.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 18, 2013 at 1:33 AM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
in general, it seems like anything above 6'5" starts to be really hard on the knees. just the physics and mechanics of the weight bearing down on the joint from those long bones is so much more stressful than a 6'0" guy's knees.
Originally posted by mayo49:
1 day

woooooooooooooooo
Share 49ersWebzone