There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Navarro Bowman ranked #3 Value Pick of the 2010 NFL Draft

Originally posted by GNielsen:
To be fair, when Bowman got on the team Takeo Spikes was doing just fine in the middle. It really wasn't until he took over for Spikes that most people noticed him.

I'll admit that when we let spikes go I wasn't sure if Bow was ready to start. So glad he sure showed me he was.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
And I'm sure there was reactions like this when we took him

"who?"
"what a reach"
"horrible pick"
"we could of gotten him much later"

I could be wrong, but I remember the board being satisfied with the pick. I think the one that upset people was Anthony Davis. Many thought we should've taken Bryan Bulaga.
Bowman is an absolute stud. Good stuff.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Bowman is an absolute stud. Good stuff.

Agree. Great job by the 49ers!
one could argue that he's #1. He's a two time all pro while the others on the list only may have sniffed that list once.
Gronk has had a great first three years and warrants top five, but he may fade away sooner rather than later. He's seems to be breaking down quickly.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Gronk has had a great first three years and warrants top five, but he may fade away sooner rather than later. He's seems to be breaking down quickly.

3 arm surgeries (or is it 4?) and back surgery in 6-8 months is just crazy. No way he comes back 100%
Originally posted by pdizo916:
one could argue that he's #1. He's a two time all pro while the others on the list only may have sniffed that list once.

Like the announcers say, #52 and #53 are virtually indistinguishable on the field. You have to check their numbers.

Baalke is a genius.

I think AJ will step up, I think Cam or Fleming will step up from last year to go along with Lemonier. I think Moody will take over for LG.

I really think the 2013 draft class will be even better than 2010 when all is said and done.

I hope we can hold onto guys like Marcus Cooper and even the UDFA CB Darryl Morris. Hopefully one of those guys supplants Brock and the other has a season ending injury ;) so that we can stash 1 on IR. Cooper is a raw, young Nmandi whereas is Darryl Morris is that cat quick CB that we need to cover the Percy Harvins, Tavan Ausitn's of the world.

Count me down as 1 of the people that think Okoye is going to be an absolute beast -- in time -- because he was a discuss thrower and Rugby player. Playing RDE and LDE can't be THAT much more complicated than playing rugby, at its core.

I think Tank will be like Ray McDonald 2.0, Lattimore, Gore 2.0, and Eric Reid will start from Day 1 as FS.

McDonald will make fans forget about D-Love, although I will never forget the Detroit 4th and Goal catch. D-Love made the tough catch look routine, and the routine look tough.

Patton will also be a stud.

I know, I know, this is a thread about Bowman. Which brings us back to why we should drink the Dilfer Koolaid and believe that Baalke is truly a "superstar" GM, best in the biz.
Just for laughs, I went back and perused some of the threads from 2010. Hardly anyone was paying any attention to Bowman at all around here. Everyone was gaga over Taylor Mays. Most posters thought Mays was going to be the star and that Bowman wasn't fast enough. Funny. Some of my favorite threads from that year and the next year that I saw:

Taylor Mays is going to be a star!
Isn't it time to bench Anthony Davis?
Anthony Davis is a bust!
Why Troy will always be better than Alex.

Mays was at the top of my list of players not to draft... In any round.
Just for laughs, I went back and perused some of the threads from 2010. Hardly anyone was paying any attention to Bowman at all around here. Everyone was gaga over Taylor Mays. Most posters thought Mays was going to be the star and that Bowman wasn't fast enough. Funny. Some of my favorite threads from that year and the next year that I saw:

Taylor Mays is going to be a star!
Isn't it time to bench Anthony Davis?
Anthony Davis is a bust!
Why Troy will always be better than Alex.

There is always going to be stuff like this. I was never on the Mays wagon, I figured that if Carroll drafted Earl Thomas (who I knew little about) instead of Mays who I thought was a lock for Carroll that he must have known something. I remember being worried about Anthony Davis and even a little about Bowman because I thought Spikes was a solid player. Bowman is easily my favorite player on defense behind PWilly, but that is only because I think our defense has been tops since we drafted him in 2007.
I wasn't even a member of any forum when we drafted Alex and I could imagine what was being said here. I was one of the guys that thought he was going to be a total gunslinger.
singletary wasn't a good HC at all but dam he knows ILBs and he knew Bowman was going to be a stud.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'll admit that when we let spikes go I wasn't sure if Bow was ready to start. So glad he sure showed me he was.
I remember seeing the 9ers play Carolina that year live. I looked over at my dad a little later after they put Bowman in and said "good god, that Bowman guy sucks." Thank the heavens, I'm not a talent evaluator, lol. I really hope Aj proves people wrong this season the same way.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
And I'm sure there was reactions like this when we took him

"who?"
"what a reach"
"horrible pick"
"we could of gotten him much later"

I actually liked him

Yea.... I recall cheering and high fiving
I remember nobody could pronounce his name correctly