LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

IMO

Shop Find 49ers gear online
..the 49ers should utilize more of the quick RB's in the slot, rather than multiple TE sets, to help compensate for Crabs loss..
With or without Crabtree, I feel and felt that we have plenty of possession guys.. What we need is 1. Elusive quickness, and 2. Straight line speed. If either Lockette or Jenkins (or obviously Patton) can fit that bill and step up, then of course, I'm all for it. But with the style of mobility and versatility that our RB's possess, it would only create yet another confusion-based tactic that defenses don't know how to defend. We have three guys who are as multifaceted as any in the league. Most teams struggle to find just one, so let's get creative!
[ Edited by bdub2588 on May 28, 2013 at 10:59 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Quickly email that to Roman and Harbaugh.
FWIW
Originally posted by susweel:
Quickly email that to Roman and Harbaugh.

Lol I totally would if I thought they'd read it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i have a better idea.. when you are second and goal from the five in a super bowl with the best running game and run block line in the nfl, do not get creative or cute and run the god damn ball in. Lets make sure roman understands basics before we get to creative... All I want in life is to get to a point where I can forget how much the coaches f**ked up winning a super bowl. That may not be possible without some sort of a prescription but that is what I want
Originally posted by cciowa:
i have a better idea.. when you are second and goal from the five in a super bowl with the best running game and run block line in the nfl, do not get creative or cute and run the god damn ball in. Lets make sure roman understands basics before we get to creative... All I want in life is to get to a point where I can forget how much the coaches f**ked up winning a super bowl. That may not be possible without some sort of a prescription but that is what I want

I'm not entirely sure how much of the play calling was the problem. I sure saw some opportunities for Kaep to run with the ball, and I think some of the plays were called specifically to leave that open.
Originally posted by bdub2588:
Originally posted by cciowa:

I'm not entirely sure how much of the play calling was the problem. I sure saw some opportunities for Kaep to run with the ball, and I think some of the plays were called specifically to leave that open.
kap had a chance to pick up the first down near the goal line but he got scared and fell down. that was one of the things that killed us
Originally posted by bdub2588:
..the 49ers should utilize more of the quick RB's in the slot...

I'll be surprised if they don't use LaMichael James that way this season. Remember that they were just working him in during last season. This year, they have the entire off-season to make some plays for him.
thread title is misleading
Originally posted by vrabbit:

It's bad when the Mods are saying it

Originally posted by NinerBuff:

mod? who is a mod?
Are you confident of Kaep play-fake to LMJ, and have him take on a blitzer while Kaep stands back there to throw the ball. If yes, James should be on the field more. If no, then James should be situational.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 28, 2013 at 12:10 PM ]
i dont think this post is really honest
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

mod? who is a mod?

ahem... my apologies, I should have said Staff
Share 49ersWebzone