LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

Losing Crabtree could be a blessing in disguise...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Super Bowl team + Boldin - Crabtree = Net gain
It is true that Kap targeted Crbs more than anyone else. Maybe that was the coaching calls, maybe it was Kap. But Vernon was way underutilized this yr (he also was doubled a lot), and now the slate is clean....lockette, patton, AJ, Anquan, Vance, and Vernon. I would add LMJ to the list also as a choice if no one else is open. We haven't seen 4 of these guys, and I have a very strong feeling this is a way better receiving team this yr than last. I truly look forward to this formation:
Vernon and Vance, Anquan, patton and lockette, or substitute LMJ for lockette. Now that should shake up a defense or two.

We have the makings of a 5 or 6 man receiver team...on a team with the best run blocking in the business. That to me spells success, lots of wins, playoffs and SB.
Losing crbs isn't so much a silver lining as it is a chance for some other young receivers excluding Vernon and Anquan to show us what they have. We already know what Vernon and Anquan have. I truly believe some of these younger guys are going to be not just good , but exciting.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on May 29, 2013 at 5:43 PM ]
I think Jenkins would be a great speed receiver to create a nice balance with anquan boldin.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
It is true that Kap targeted Crbs more than anyone else. Maybe that was the coaching calls, maybe it was Kap. But Vernon was way underutilized this yr (he also was doubled a lot), and now the slate is clean....lockette, patton, AJ, Anquan, Vance, and Vernon. I would add LMJ to the list also as a choice if no one else is open. We haven't seen 4 of these guys, and I have a very strong feeling this is a way better receiving team this yr than last. I truly look forward to this formation:
Vernon and Vance, Anquan, patton and lockette, or substitute LMJ for lockette. Now that should shake up a defense or two.

We have the makings of a 5 or 6 man receiver team...on a team with the best run blocking in the business. That to me spells success, lots of wins, playoffs and SB.
Losing crbs isn't so much a silver lining as it is a chance for some other young receivers excluding Vernon and Anquan to show us what they have. We already know what Vernon and Anquan have. I truly believe some of these younger guys are going to be not just good , but exciting.

By all means let those opposing defenses double up on Davis or Boldin and see how quickly we reach that end zone. If you didn't see what a playmaker Boldin was throughout the Playoffs you're f**kin blind. And Davis was double-covered for a damn good reason.
[ Edited by PrisonOfGlass on May 29, 2013 at 6:37 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Share 49ersWebzone