LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

Moran Norris interview on Sports Talk 790 in Houston

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Despite all the hate, he still blocked Frank Gore to over 1600 in 2006.

I think that had alot more to do with Larry Allen and Norv than him.

Originally posted by SaksV:
Both of them messed up on that play. Alex over threw it and Moran ran his route too flat and turned his head way too late. I hate that play. Never mention it again.

Actually he ran the route perfect. It wasn't 4th and goal. It was 4th and inches inside the 5. We didn't need a TD and the route was designed to get the first down.
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

this is one of the funniest pictures in wz history lol

lol. Oh the memories. Instead of turning upfield, he turned completely around. Making it an impossible catch while back pedaling.
Originally posted by JREED23:

Came here for this
Haha
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
LOL at people still arguing about this play.

Time to let it go, guys.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

lol. Oh the memories. Instead of turning upfield, he turned completely around. Making it an impossible catch while back pedaling.

Alex threw the ball up, expecting Moran to go a few yards further. Instead, Moran turned around completely, backpeddling like a stone gargoyle. Hence, "Haters Gon Hate". Lesson here is never throw a fade route to the fullback.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
When I think of Moran Norris all I can think of is that play in Seattle when he turned way too early and misplayed that ball in the end zone smh. I know there's a pic of that play him looking like a fool

Yea, he lost his balance running backwards for a wide open TD on 4th down. Glad he was gone after that
[ Edited by kronik on May 24, 2013 at 5:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Both of them messed up on that play. Alex over threw it and Moran ran his route too flat and turned his head way too late. I hate that play. Never mention it again.

Actually he ran the route perfect. It wasn't 4th and goal. It was 4th and inches inside the 5. We didn't need a TD and the route was designed to get the first down.

Ran the route perfect? You need to re-learn how to watch football
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Ran the route perfect? You need to re-learn how to watch football

You need to relearn what a route to the flat looks like. 4th and inches, genius. I think Madden might even be able to help you on this one.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Alex threw the ball up, expecting Moran to go a few yards further. Instead, Moran turned around completely, backpeddling like a stone gargoyle. Hence, "Haters Gon Hate". Lesson here is never throw a fade route to the fullback.

I was at that game. My face when it happened:

Originally posted by Psinex:

A fullbacks job is to run into the flats, we used to do it a million times with Rathman, and every fullback after him. We never through the ball over their head, hoping they would make a basket catch like a WR. We scored dozens of touchdowns over the years with this play, throwing the ball directly at their numbers. I have never seen a quarterback attempt to lead a ball over a fullbacks head on the goal line; wait, yes I have, one time.
Alex said so himself that for a receiver like Norris he should have just put it on him and made the adjustment. Obviously a play that we didn't get much practice on during the week and we saw quite the difference under Harbaugh. The play was on Alex because as the QB you need to realize that you make the reception easy on the FB and just put the ball on him. Easy score, great play call
It would have been easy to predict that Moran's end zone comedy shot would immediately be up on this thread. 5 posts was all it took. But, let's face it - it's hilarious.
Originally posted by tohara3:

Came here for this
Haha

This. Paid like $500 to go to this game and have a great view...
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
Originally posted by tohara3:

Came here for this
Haha

This. Paid like $500 to go to this game and have a great view...

I feel you. 2009 - SF @ SD. We got rolled. Seats were $300 each.
Share 49ersWebzone