There are 273 users in the forums

Ted Robinson signed to 5 year extension as voice of 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
SANTA CLARA -- The San Francisco 49ers announced Thursday a five-year contract extension with "The Voice of the 49ers," Ted Robinson. The agreement, which runs through 2018, will allow Robinson to have served a decade with the organization by the end of the agreement. Robinson's role in 49ers programming will continue to grow moving forward, as he will be very active with the team's website and television productions, in addition to other elements surrounding the opening of Levi's Stadium.

"I've learned through four seasons how significant the position of the voice of the 49ers is to the fan base," Ted Robinson said. "Luckily, we've had calls in the last two years that will live in 49ers history, and I look forward to many more at a time when our franchise is thriving both on and off the field with Levi's Stadium on the horizon."

Link to story

I like the extension. At first I wasn't a fan of the switch to Ted. Mainly because he wasn't Joe Starky, who we all know was quick to get a little crazy/silly with his call of the game. But after a few games I really started to like Ted's call of the game. Very crisp and quick with info, yet knows when to get excited, but doesn't lose his cool. Congrats Ted.
Awesome. He's done a great job replacing the great Joe Starkey.
Took him a second to get comfortable (I still think he blew the game-winning TD-call in 2011 vs. Detroit), but now he's solid.

Jump to 2:33.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on May 23, 2013 at 4:40 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Right on!!
Still miss Starky
Originally posted by Broseph6:
Still miss Starky

Agreed.

But that's not to take away from Ted. He does a great job, too.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Still miss Starky

Agreed.

I can agree with this.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Still miss Starky

Agreed.

I can agree with this.

x3.

I've warmed up to Robinson and really think he's done a great job but when I see things like the Smith to Davis pass to win the game against the Saints, or the Kaepernick run against GB, or the Bowman bat-down to win the NFC Championship game... I always think to myself: I wonder how nuts Starkey would have went.

I think it adds to it considering Starkey had to mull through all the garbage years in SF before he retired. It would have been great to hear him call the 2011 season. Oh what a bonanza!
TOUCHDOWN 49ERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss Lon Simmons and Starkey
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Championship
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Took him a second to get comfortable (I still think he blew the game-winning TD-call in 2011 vs. Detroit), but now he's solid.

Jump to 2:33.

LOL, c'mon man, give him a break
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Can he play Wide Receiver?

or safety
Some of my all time favorite 49ers moments are narrated by Starkey, but the winning has made Robinson and Davis a good combo. Glad Robinson is sticking around.
Share 49ersWebzone