There are 225 users in the forums

Solution(s) to losing Crabs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by crabman82:
1st let me say i am generally against the knee jerk reaction to signing the best available veteran or trading a draft pick for a player on another team in the wake of a unexpected serious injury to a key player. but i am intrigued by the case of kenny britt in tennessee. according to rotoworld his 2013 salary is 1.3 mil and he is a FA agent after the season. seems the titans are preparing for life without him and while he has talent, his stats havent been off the charts be it from injuries, incosistent qb play and a bad attitude at time. i think he can be had for like a 4th or something like that. given our plethera of draft picks i'm be open to exploring this possibility.

I'm for this too, crabman - and no, I don't think trade ideas like this are 'Maddenesque'.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
sign errbody

Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Millions of fans suffer every day from the scourge of Madden Syndrome. Won't you help. Encourage a friend or sibling. Help them understand that in the real world, running an NFL team is not really like managing one in Madden. If we all work together, we can overcome the scourge of Madden Syndrome.

I had six first round picks and traded three of them for Calvin Johnson. Suck it Baalke.

The Vikings just straight up released Percy Harvin and I signed him without giving up any draft picks let alone a first rounder. Suck it Baalke.

I won the superbowl every year and still managed to swindle teams into giving me the first pick of the first round of every draft. Suck it, Baalke.
I hate that crabs is gone for a bulk of the season, but this might be a blessing in disguise. Who knows, one of the younger receivers might step up to the point where do don't need crabtree and we let him go into FA, or it might be enough where we can have crabs sign a cheaper contract.
I understand why a lot people don't want us to sign Lloyd or Doucet or other guys widely viewed as suckers (even though all of them have done more than AJ).

But why not Devery Henderson?

He was never a dominant WR, but he's pretty solid, and would give us a proven deep threat we don't really have right now.

Is he hurt or is there some other reason I don't get that makes everyone hate him?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I understand why a lot people don't want us to sign Lloyd or Doucet or other guys widely viewed as suckers (even though all of them have done more than AJ).

He was never a dominant WR, but he's pretty solid, and would give us a proven deep threat we don't really have right now.

Is he hurt or is there some other reason I don't get that makes everyone hate him?

NEVER trust a man named after a trade school.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

1. His name makes him sound like a law firm

2. He's just not that good, what's the point of filling up the roster with mediocre receivers that take away snaps from developing younger players. Jenkins and Patton are the future at WR, why deprive them of chances to play for some random scrub or over the hill graybeard? The guys that are out there aren't still available because so many GM's are idiots and are passing up on absolute stars and difference-makers. These guys are scrubs, leftovers, you bring them in for depth, not to play any sort of major role when you have younger talented players on your roster.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM ]
Terrible injury, but the sky isn't falling!

Demaryius Thomas recovered from his torn achilles injury and subsequently registered 1,400 yards receiving in 2012.

Crabtree is in a contract year, but has already proven to be a budding star. The "glass half full" perspective is that it will cost The Niners less if they choose to resign Crabtree (and I hope they do).

The Niners had a log jam at WR, with Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Kyle Williams, A.J. Jenkins, Quinton Patton and Ricardo Lockette. That's seven WR's capable of being on a 53 man roster in the NFL.

One man's downfall is another man's opportunity.

Hopefully Crabtree's injury lights a fire under the arses of Jenkins, Patton and Lockette and they're able to turn some heads in training camp. Seeking a replacement in free agency is not the answer in my opinion.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

Jim Harbaugh: A.J. Jenkins, Quinton Patton & Ricardo Lockette will compete for Michael Crabtree's spot. #49ers
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/harbaugh-jenkins-patton-lockette-will-compete-crabtrees-spot
[ Edited by Jcool on May 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:

Jim Harbaugh: A.J. Jenkins, Quinton Patton & Ricardo Lockette will compete for Michael Crabtree's spot. #49ers
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/harbaugh-jenkins-patton-lockette-will-compete-crabtrees-spot

Makes sense for Jenkins, Patton and Lockette to compete at the SE/X receiver spot opposite Boldin at FL/Z. Whoever does not win the SE/E will most likely compete with Williams and Manningham for the Y/slot! Let the development/competition begin!

Tebow
Originally posted by NCommand:

Makes sense for Jenkins, Patton and Lockette to compete at the SE/X receiver spot opposite Boldin at FL/Z. Whoever does not win the SE/E will most likely compete with Williams and Manningham for the Y/slot! Let the development/competition begin!

I don't put stock in anything Harbaugh said in the offseason about his players, especially around OTAs and TC. During this time, there's no player that Harbaugh doesn't like if you ask him. It's Habaugh's way of getting his guys to go all out with effort and compete in camp.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

I don't put stock in anything Harbaugh said in the offseason about his players, especially around OTAs and TC. During this time, there's no player that Harbaugh doesn't like if you ask him. It's Habaugh's way of getting his guys to go all out with effort and compete in camp.

For sure but this actually makes sense. If you have a chain-mover over at FL you want you SE to have some shiftiness and top-end speed (and size ideally). That's AJ and Lockette. In terms of Patton, like AJ last year, he will be learning ALL of the WR positions but most likely will be taking a few snaps from the slot.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
For sure but this actually makes sense. If you have a chain-mover over at FL you want you SE to have some shiftiness and top-end speed (and size ideally). That's AJ and Lockette. In terms of Patton, like AJ last year, he will be learning ALL of the WR positions but most likely will be taking a few snaps from the slot.

Well said. This is how you have a balanced passing game. The Colts were a great example with Harrison/Wayne.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
John Clayton ‏@ClaytonESPN

A name to watch for the SF 49ers at wide receiver is Devery Henderson. He might be a better option than Brandon Lloyd
Share 49ersWebzone