There are 215 users in the forums

Solution(s) to losing Crabs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Just buy the shampoo. That was my solution to losing crabs.

It took until post 83 for this answer. I'm disappointed in you all. But I'm pretty sure we will just roll with the players we have. Hopefully Patton can learn the playbook enough to make an impact.
Double post
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on May 23, 2013 at 10:50 PM ]
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Double post

LOL...ProFootballZone....strong source is strong indeed.

Besides that, not sure why anyone would want the mediocrity known as Robert Meachem, he was exposed as being largely a product of Drew Brees last year, he'd be like Brandon Jones all over again. Nobody is going to trade for overpaid rubbish, the only reason the Chargers are putting him on the trade block is because they'd take too large of a cap hit if they cut him outright.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 23, 2013 at 10:53 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Trade for Victor Cruz or Nate Washington.

Wouldn't be upset, but don't think either will happen. IMO, Giants wouldn't trade Cruz to us and Washington is solid but just not a major upgrade over our young guys.

Is Kenny Britt out of the discussion. The dead is a major headcase, injury prone, jail prone and just a flat out moron. Would be a nice red zone target for Kaep doe

Yep, the 1st question is whether the Giants would be willing to trade Cruz to us. Now, even if they were willing, I think the chances are it would be very hard to keep Crab after that given the money involved. My guess is it will be a case of either or. So, it would be a long-term decision. But, if the priority is to go all out to win the Super Bowl now, then yes it would be a highly beneficial move.
  • KK49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:

Wouldn't be upset, but don't think either will happen. IMO, Giants wouldn't trade Cruz to us and Washington is solid but just not a major upgrade over our young guys.

Is Kenny Britt out of the discussion. The dead is a major headcase, injury prone, jail prone and just a flat out moron. Would be a nice red zone target for Kaep doe

Yep, the 1st question is whether the Giants would be willing to trade Cruz to us. Now, even if they were willing, I think the chances are it would be very hard to keep Crab after that given the money involved. My guess is it will be a case of either or. So, it would be a long-term decision. But, if the priority is to go all out to win the Super Bowl now, then yes it would be a highly beneficial move.

I thought we didn't have the money to do anything major. I think we r going to wait and hope one ( or all)of the young guys step up. I really don't see us signing anyone .
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KK49:
Originally posted by Rascal:

I thought we didn't have the money to do anything major. I think we r going to wait and hope one ( or all)of the young guys step up. I really don't see us signing anyone .

True, we don't have the money, but trust me if they wanted to make it happen they can make it happen. Restructure a few contracts and backload Cruz's contract. So, yes theoretically it can be done.
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
What is with Randy Moss?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
put harvy dahl at wr.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Millions of fans suffer every day from the scourge of Madden Syndrome. Won't you help. Encourage a friend or sibling. Help them understand that in the real world, running an NFL team is not really like managing one in Madden. If we all work together, we can overcome the scourge of Madden Syndrome.

I had six first round picks and traded three of them for Calvin Johnson. Suck it Baalke.
Vance McDonald! Our TE's have to take on a bigger role in the offense and I believe they will. The remainder of help will have to come from the young guys stepping up and I believe they will as well. GO NINERS!

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Millions of fans suffer every day from the scourge of Madden Syndrome. Won't you help. Encourage a friend or sibling. Help them understand that in the real world, running an NFL team is not really like managing one in Madden. If we all work together, we can overcome the scourge of Madden Syndrome.

I had six first round picks and traded three of them for Calvin Johnson. Suck it Baalke.

The Vikings just straight up released Percy Harvin and I signed him without giving up any draft picks let alone a first rounder. Suck it Baalke.
I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of sets with LaMichael James in the slot. If he can catch, he has a great opportunity to become a playmaker with Crabs out.
When I go back and look at niners film.... I'm always amazed at how open everyone is. Sure, Crabtree will be hard to replace, no one on our team has his YAC ability... But I think by sheer design and a rifle arm we can have a decent passing game. Kap will be forced to spread it around without his security blanket and boldin and VD will put up numbers. Not sure that Patton or Jenkins will be great, but in our system, I'm confident they'll be open.

Harbaugh knows he can do more with less. That's why we passed on people like Eifert and Hunter and chose Defense instead. Harbaugh, like Walsh, will put lesser players in positions to succeed. Have faith in harbaugh. But don't have faith in crabs coming back this year. Even if he does come back, he won't be the same till next year, if ever
  • buck
  • Veteran
Not sure where this new should go, but it does free up some money.

49ers C Jonathan Goodwin has taken a $1.2 million pay-cut, reducing his salary from $3.7 million to $2.5 million.

The new deal includes $1 million guaranteed. CSN Bay Area called Goodwin a candidate for release in February, but this should ensure his roster spot. Going on 34, Goodwin should hold off Daniel Kilgore and Joe Looney for his starting job.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1

1st let me say i am generally against the knee jerk reaction to signing the best available veteran or trading a draft pick for a player on another team in the wake of a unexpected serious injury to a key player. but i am intrigued by the case of kenny britt in tennessee. according to rotoworld his 2013 salary is 1.3 mil and he is a FA agent after the season. seems the titans are preparing for life without him and while he has talent, his stats havent been off the charts be it from injuries, incosistent qb play and a bad attitude at time. i think he can be had for like a 4th or something like that. given our plethera of draft picks i'm be open to exploring this possibility.
Share 49ersWebzone