There are 160 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Solution(s) to losing Crabs

Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:
How much would this change Crabtree's asking price down the road? I think this injury gives us a little bit more leverage. Plus, you never really know what you got until you HAVE to find out.

I think this may be only thing good to come out of this. Losing Crabtree sucks. Gaining him for 4 more years (after this year) for less money, would be nice.

Maybe, I am confused, but Crabtree is signed for this year and next year, 2013 and 2014.
oops, i got that wrong - thought his contract finished up this year...
Originally posted by susweel:
crabtree always been punk b***h what kind of athlete tears his achilies in the prime of his career.

Kendal Hunter
All Boldin has to do for the team is exactly what he did for the Ravens. As I've already pointed out, Niner safeties were biting on his in and out routes and his curls leaving corners alone on the outside long. They were biting because Anquan Boldin moves the fricking chains; he goes up and fights for every ball. Boldin is an animal and enough of this "he's 32" B.S. He did what he does just a few months ago. He's not going to suddenly become a pansy over the course of one off season.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by pd24:
No worries. We have Kaepernick, who will make any scrub WR into a stud.

Thats right. Im with you there. Doesn't it beat having A. Smith, who made Crabtree look like a scrub and didn't even look to throw the ball to a WR in the NFCCG in 2012.

We better hope so. Hope the karma bug has given its last bite.

And what karma bug would that be?
Originally posted by VtownNinerFan:
Originally posted by susweel:
crabtree always been punk b***h what kind of athlete tears his achilies in the prime of his career.

Kendal Hunter

he was actually hit
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
It's not a terrible idea, at least we know he'll be in playing shape.

Yes, he looks good! LOOKS GOOD??!! Unfortunately, he's lost more than a couple steps and still can't catch the ball with any consistency. Didn't you catch his act with the Seahawks last season? If he was going to demonstrate that he could still play the position, it would have been right then. Anquan Boldin blows him off the field.
we still have boldin, manningham, VD, Williams, an improved Jenkins and two young guys in lockette and patton that look liek they could be good. we'll be ok til Crabs gets back before our playoff push. once he comes back he'll have a month to knock the rust off and get ready to dominate in the playoffs.
The problem with TO is no longer his body or attitude, its his hands. If he was dropping passes from Wilson and Flynn to the point he got cut, there is no way he can handle Kaep's bullets.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Jenkins and Patton have gotta step up.

We'll be fine with Boldin (thank you based GOD we traded for him), Mario & Kyle.

I really wanted to see what a Boldin and Crabtree duo would look like and with Boldin on a one year deal, we may never know. Now we must trust in our coaching team, still a little bummed today though.

Yeah I was really looking forward to seeing Crabs and Boldin on the field together
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
It's not a terrible idea, at least we know he'll be in playing shape.

Yes, he looks good! LOOKS GOOD??!! Unfortunately, he's lost more than a couple steps and still can't catch the ball with any consistency. Didn't you catch his act with the Seahawks last season? If he was going to demonstrate that he could still play the position, it would have been right then. Anquan Boldin blows him off the field.

I said it wouldn't be terrible idea. Definitely not a good idea, but not a terrible one.
Gentlemen, I don't want to say we're f**ked, but we're pretty f**ked.

Let's go, AJ!
We better hope so. Hope the karma bug has given its last bite.

Yeah because Crabs never got hurt with Alex under the helm. Let me remind you last year was the only year he was at camp. Sucks that it's a serious blow this time, but we might have to start wrapping him in bubble tape during the offseason.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on May 22, 2013 at 3:07 PM ]
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Gentlemen, I don't want to say we're f**ked, but we're pretty f**ked.

Let's go, AJ!

crabs will be back around week 12. we still have VD, Manningham, Williams and we drafted a huge TE with speed, patton, lockette looks excellent and jenkins should be good to go. plus boldin. were still in good shape, crabs will be back before the playoffs start
Crabtree averaged about 6.2 yards after the catch, whereas Boldin averaged about 4.1. But Boldin had a 14.5 yard average which was about a yard more than Crabtree. They're both what you would call possession receivers. They both move the chains. They were both leaned on by their QB's. The Niners offense can get by with just one of them if any of the other receivers step up their games. And, let's keep in mind that the Niners also have Vernon Davis who, by next season, should be comfortable with Kaepernick's zingers.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
It's the first day of OTA's. My prediction is that Harbaalke are not going to panic and start manically working the phones like some posters around here insist they should do. Mario Manningham and K Williams have seen significant play in the NFL - they're both very quick slot receivers. Boldin is a consummate possession receiver. So, it's time for Jenkins to come to the party. Ricardo Lockette - he'll never have a better opportunity to raise his game and become a factor. Quinton Patton? Come on down and show everyone what a genius Baalke is for drafting you. Not only that, but the Niners have a potential 2 TE set that looks real good with a huge, tall rookie opposite Davis, who is still always a threat to get behind safeties. And, let's not forget the little x-factor - LaMichael James, who, like Darren Sproles, can take a screen and go all the way from anywhere on the field. I'm sure Harbaugh and Baalke aren't panicking. Everyone should calm down.

This^^^