There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Solution(s) to losing Crabs

Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

Fuk no!!!!
Boldin will pick up some of the slack but I fear that we will feel this loss the most in the run game. Crabbs seems to have been doing a nice job with his blocking, even when his receiving stats werent up there
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

Fuk no!!!!

It's not a terrible idea, at least we know he'll be in playing shape.
Originally posted by 5280High:
This, if Boldin wasnt the #1 receiver last year then who was? Torrey "all i can do is run the seam route" Smith, or Jacoby "my ass got cut by the texans, thank god I can return kicks" Jones?

Boldin was the #1, he was the receiver that was looked to for crucial first downs and crucial plays. In the playoffs, if Boldin wasnt out there Baltimore would of lost at Denver, lost at NE, and lost to Us in the SB. He made all the plays to keep the drives going, and was also the reason why speedsters like Smith and Jones were able to break free because defenses rolled their coverage to Boldins side.

Which is one reason why we may see more of Jenkins and possibly even see Lockette reach some level of potential this year. Let's hope for the best.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
No worries. We have Kaepernick, who will make any scrub WR into a stud.

go back to the chiefs thread already.

Well that's just rude. What's your deal?
Originally posted by susweel:

go back to the chiefs thread already.

Well that's just rude. What's your deal?

lol Im just messing with you.
Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:
How much would this change Crabtree's asking price down the road? I think this injury gives us a little bit more leverage. Plus, you never really know what you got until you HAVE to find out.

I think this may be only thing good to come out of this. Losing Crabtree sucks. Gaining him for 4 more years (after this year) for less money, would be nice.
[ Edited by 9erguy on May 22, 2013 at 2:46 PM ]
Our offense under G-RO has never gone through the WR corps so the loss of one receiver, albeit our top wr, will not matter all too much when the season starts. We have a good mix of vets (ManHam, KW, Boldin) and young guys (Patton, Jenks, Lockett) that can and will pick up the slack. I dont know how many times we had 3+ WR's on the field at once but it wasnt often. Not to mention we have, in my opinion, the best RB corp in the league. Everyone who thinks Crabs production cannot be matched by another player on our roster is mistaken. Players on good football teams step up. We have a good football team.

oh yea, WE HAVE A QUARTERBACK NOW. A great quarterback makes average WR's look good. I think Kaep will be great.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Thats right. Im with you there. Doesn't it beat having A. Smith, who made Crabtree look like a scrub and didn't even look to throw the ball to a WR in the NFCCG in 2012.
Wasnt Harbs supposed to have a presser at 230 CA time today? Thought I heard that somewhere earlier today, but cant find anything on it.....
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:
How much would this change Crabtree's asking price down the road? I think this injury gives us a little bit more leverage. Plus, you never really know what you got until you HAVE to find out.

I think this may be only thing good to come out of this. Losing Crabtree sucks. Gaining him for 4 more years (after this year) for less money, would be nice.

Maybe, I am confused, but Crabtree is signed for this year and next year, 2013 and 2014.
The obvious solution would be to switch out the WR spot vacated by crabs with a guy like Cam Morrah or Gray if he shows significant development.

WRs: Boldin, KW, MM, AJ, QP, Lockette

TEs: VD, VM, Celek, and Morrah.

Not the best situation but its time for AJ or Lockette to step up and be a deep threat. IF they have developed enough to catch a long ball or two a game, our offense should be fine.
Originally posted by d49izme:
Boldin will pick up some of the slack but I fear that we will feel this loss the most in the run game. Crabbs seems to have been doing a nice job with his blocking, even when his receiving stats werent up there

Oh, come on guys. This is getting a little ridiculous. Doesn't everyone know that Anquan Boldin is one of the most brutal and tenacious blockers in the league. I think a couple times PFF has listed him as the best blocker in the league among wide receivers. Boldin blocks like a maniac.
Originally posted by pd24:

Thats right. Im with you there. Doesn't it beat having A. Smith, who made Crabtree look like a scrub and didn't even look to throw the ball to a WR in the NFCCG in 2012.

We better hope so. Hope the karma bug has given its last bite.
Baalke, Harbaugh and Roman are arguably the most creative bunch in the game.

Their challenge now is to make the game plan work with the team they have.

We may see this WR spot managed by rotation to burn out DB's and create an advantage for example.