There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Solution(s) to losing Crabs

Originally posted by susweel:
cant believe that the local guys haven't had a clue on this story but some national dude had more inside sources. Our local beat writers have been an epic fail of late.

The struggle is real
Originally posted by onanygivensunday49:
Being a #1 WR doesn't mean that you're the best receiver on your team. It's much more than that. A true #1 affects how the defense plays against your team. A true #1 pulls a safety over to help the CB covering him, thereby opeing up ther field for your other WRs and TE(s). That's a true #1.

If you don't understand that... or agree to it... then we're done having this conversation.

Dude evidently was fell asleep during the Super Bowl when strong safety Donte Whitner's responsibility was to run up to help with Boldin leaving Culliver alone to get burned for that long TD. Yes, Boldin led in receptions, yardage and td's. Yes, safeties had to help cover him leaving corners to be 1-on-1 with outside guys. Yes, he was Flacco's number one target... but evidently that's not enough for "onanygivensunday" to call him a #1 receiver. Strange.
Cap space is attainable via restructuring vet contracts and potentially cutting Goodwin. It all depends on whether Harbaugh feels Looney or Kilgore are ready to step in for JG. Of all the FA's I saw still available Brandon Lloyd kind of jumped out at me. There are others, but he keeps coming up to me. MC's injury also presents opportunity for the youngsters to step up...but, I'd still hope Baalke goes out and signs the best vet available to get some experience he's lost in MC.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
It is a big deal. We have to rely on a 32 year old WR. Everyone else is either coming of a serious knee injury, a rookie, or has no playing experience.

We are screwed unless Jenkins can step up.

That is one way to look at it....I look at it as the 49ers having a solid tough veteran in Bold in, an explosive young player who will have his time to shine in Jenkins, a quality young prospect in Patton with #1 WR potential, explosive and dynamic....albeit underutilized threat in VD....depth in Williams and Manningam....massive RZ target in McDonald......like I said...could be worse...and won't be nearly as bad as some think.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 22, 2013 at 2:37 PM ]
I ain't eem worried. We still have a monster running game and some other very capable receivers. Sure, none of them may crack 1,000 yards but that's cool. Harbaugh and Roman are pretty good with spreading the ball around.

I bet we still win the division by at least two games.

Btw, did y'all read Sando's latest blog? I bet he busted the big 'O' once the news dropped.
Brandon Lloyd is way too soft. Could he even handle Kaepernick's fastballs without crying?
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

LMAO
crabtree always been punk b***h what kind of athlete tears his achilies in the prime of his career.
No worries. We have Kaepernick, who will make any scrub WR into a stud.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by bluecoller49ninerfan:
We can fix titus young...I say we get him what do you think?

A person who refuses to take his meds is not someone you can work with. You can't fix someone if they do not want it as much as you. Everything you read about him is just a very sad case.

Yeah true but the right people around him could make the diff..plus it seems he may be at his bottom and to go to a super bowl contending team may give him that extra reason to do the right thing...I just see his potential and we need that right now pluss he would be cheap don't you think it would be woth the risk?
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by onanygivensunday49:
Being a #1 WR doesn't mean that you're the best receiver on your team. It's much more than that. A true #1 affects how the defense plays against your team. A true #1 pulls a safety over to help the CB covering him, thereby opeing up ther field for your other WRs and TE(s). That's a true #1.

If you don't understand that... or agree to it... then we're done having this conversation.

Blah, blah, blah. The #1 receiver on a team is the most productive receiver, period. Everything else is just rhetoric.

This, if Boldin wasnt the #1 receiver last year then who was? Torrey "all i can do is run the seam route" Smith, or Jacoby "my ass got cut by the texans, thank god I can return kicks" Jones?

Boldin was the #1, he was the receiver that was looked to for crucial first downs and crucial plays. In the playoffs, if Boldin wasnt out there Baltimore would of lost at Denver, lost at NE, and lost to Us in the SB. He made all the plays to keep the drives going, and was also the reason why speedsters like Smith and Jones were able to break free because defenses rolled their coverage to Boldins side.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
No worries. We have Kaepernick, who will make any scrub WR into a stud.

go back to the chiefs thread already.
How much would this change Crabtree's asking price down the road? I think this injury gives us a little bit more leverage. Plus, you never really know what you got until you HAVE to find out.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
It is a big deal. We have to rely on a 32 year old WR. Everyone else is either coming of a serious knee injury, a rookie, or has no playing experience.

We are screwed unless Jenkins can step up.

That is one way to look at it....I look at it as the 49ers having a solid tough veteran in Bold in, an explosive young player who will have his time to shine in Jenkins, a quality young prospect in Patton with #1 WR potential, explosive and dynamic....albeit underutilized threat in VD....depth in Williams and Manningam....massive RZ target in McDonald......like I said...could be worse...and won't be nearly as bad as some think.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
It is a big deal. We have to rely on a 32 year old WR. Everyone else is either coming of a serious knee injury, a rookie, or has no playing experience.

We are screwed unless Jenkins can step up.

Yes, but he's not just any 32 year old receiver. He just got finished leading all receivers in yardage, receptions and TD's in the playoffs and he owned the Niners secondary. That was just a few months ago. What's changed since then other than the fact that he now has a better QB throwing to him?