There are 287 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Solution(s) to losing Crabs

Re-sign Randy Moss.
Damn it sucks that Crabtree is hurt. Hopefully all these young guys can step up this season now.
Originally posted by onanygivensunday49:
Being a #1 WR doesn't mean that you're the best receiver on your team. It's much more than that. A true #1 affects how the defense plays against your team. A true #1 pulls a safety over to help the CB covering him, thereby opeing up ther field for your other WRs and TE(s). That's a true #1.

If you don't understand that... or agree to it... then we're done having this conversation.

And you're saying that Boldin didn't display those attributes during the playoffs?
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 49,486
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he's the only wr on our roster that can consistently handle CK's 60mph passes. This is not good, not good at all. We lost a playmaker on D and now a HUGE one on O. We're kindda f**ked at the moment.



Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he's the only wr on our roster that can consistently handle CK's 60mph passes. This is not good, not good at all. We lost a playmaker on D and now a HUGE one on O. We're kindda f**ked at the moment.



Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he's the only wr on our roster that can consistently handle CK's 60mph passes. This is not good, not good at all. We lost a playmaker on D and now a HUGE one on O. We're kindda f**ked at the moment.

Both Bold in and Patton have hands like glue....I don't think it'll be nearly as bad as you are making it out to be.
they need some people to step up and get it done.
Originally posted by onanygivensunday49:
Being a #1 WR doesn't mean that you're the best receiver on your team. It's much more than that. A true #1 affects how the defense plays against your team. A true #1 pulls a safety over to help the CB covering him, thereby opeing up ther field for your other WRs and TE(s). That's a true #1.

If you don't understand that... or agree to it... then we're done having this conversation.

Blah, blah, blah. The #1 receiver on a team is the most productive receiver, period. Everything else is just rhetoric.
Bad way to start my evening. Could this help long-term, though? Maybe we can afford him now.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Patton > Crabtree... I dont think this loss will hurt us. I also think AJ will give us a lot more this season. From what I have seen from all these wrs on paper I think they can produce if Kaep is the qb everyone thinks he is. We were a dominate team for near a season and a half with Alex and his main targets being Crab and VD. Kaep should have a great season with Boldin, Patton, Jenkins, Williams, Vernon, Vance, and Ham when he gets back. Not to mention the best OL and a stable of running backs.

i stopped reading here
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he's the only wr on our roster that can consistently handle CK's 60mph passes. This is not good, not good at all. We lost a playmaker on D and now a HUGE one on O. We're kindda f**ked at the moment.

Both Bold in and Patton have hands like glue....I don't think it'll be nearly as bad as you are making it out to be.

It is a big deal. We have to rely on a 32 year old WR. Everyone else is either coming of a serious knee injury, a rookie, or has no playing experience.

We are screwed unless Jenkins can step up.
cant believe that the local guys haven't had a clue on this story but some national dude had more inside sources. Our local beat writers have been an epic fail of late.
Well at least this happened now and not during training camp or the season, he has a chance to play towards the end of the season.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,211
Originally posted by susweel:
cant believe that the local guys haven't had a clue on this story but some national dude had more inside sources. Our local beat writers have been an epic fail of late.

Lately, it seems like though Maiocco is blasting off these paragraph essay articles to fulfill a quota.
[ Edited by GEEK on May 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM ]