There are 172 users in the forums

Solution(s) to losing Crabs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by onanygivensunday49:
Problem is... Boldin never has been a #1 WR in the league... he was a #2 during his prime behind Fitz... and now he's more a #3 at this point in his career.

You can call him a #1, but he's not.

Realistically, we've got a #3 and several untested kids vying for open spots behind Boldin.

The position needs shoring.

I'm sorry but you're wrong there. That's like saying Roddy White isn't a #1 because they have Julio Jones. When the Cards had Fitz and Boldin, they had 2 #1s.

And during the season last year...

Boldin - 921 yds
Smith - 855 yds
Pitta - 669 yds

If anything, he was the #2, then during the playoffs...

Boldin - 380 yds
Smith - 233 yds
Pitta - 163 yds

Seems like the #1 option to me.

Thanks for posting this. Saved me the time lol.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
We'll be fine. We have enough playmakers on the offense already to make it to the super bowl, and I'm sure one of the youngsters will step up.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Thanks for posting this. Saved me the time lol.

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Problem is... Boldin never has been a #1 WR in the league... he was a #2 during his prime behind Fitz... and now he's more a #3 at this point in his career.

You can call him a #1, but he's not.

Realistically, we've got a #3 and several untested kids vying for open spots behind Boldin.

The position needs shoring.

I'm sorry but you're wrong there. That's like saying Roddy White isn't a #1 because they have Julio Jones. When the Cards had Fitz and Boldin, they had 2 #1s.

And during the season last year...

Boldin - 921 yds
Smith - 855 yds
Pitta - 669 yds

If anything, he was the #2, then during the playoffs...

Boldin - 380 yds
Smith - 233 yds
Pitta - 163 yds

Seems like the #1 option to me.
Being a #1 WR doesn't mean that you're the best receiver on your team. It's much more than that. A true #1 affects how the defense plays against your team. A true #1 pulls a safety over to help the CB covering him, thereby opeing up ther field for your other WRs and TE(s). That's a true #1.

If you don't understand that... or agree to it... then we're done having this conversation.
We can fix titus young...I say we get him what do you think?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
he's the only wr on our roster that can consistently handle CK's 60mph passes. This is not good, not good at all. We lost a playmaker on D and now a HUGE one on O. We're kindda f**ked at the moment.
  • dj43
Originally posted by bluecoller49ninerfan:
We can fix titus young...I say we get him what do you think?

A person who refuses to take his meds is not someone you can work with. You can't fix someone if they do not want it as much as you. Everything you read about him is just a very sad case.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he's the only wr on our roster that can consistently handle CK's 60mph passes. This is not good, not good at all. We lost a playmaker on D and now a HUGE one on O. We're kindda f**ked at the moment.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

thanks obama

Atleast if its gonna happen its better for it to happen now. That way kaep can start building chemistry with the other guys. f**kin sucks though. Crab was gonna get his first probowl this year
Re-sign Randy Moss.
Damn it sucks that Crabtree is hurt. Hopefully all these young guys can step up this season now.
Being a #1 WR doesn't mean that you're the best receiver on your team. It's much more than that. A true #1 affects how the defense plays against your team. A true #1 pulls a safety over to help the CB covering him, thereby opeing up ther field for your other WRs and TE(s). That's a true #1.

If you don't understand that... or agree to it... then we're done having this conversation.

And you're saying that Boldin didn't display those attributes during the playoffs?
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp

Share 49ersWebzone