LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 188 users in the forums

Solution(s) to losing Crabs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
the underrated part of this loss is the run blocking.

crab was an amazing run blocker

was really looking fwd to boldin/crab/vd/vance all out blocking for the run game
JC...not a knee-jerk. Look at what Harbaugh has to work with...Boldin's your main threat WR. Both Manningham and KW are coming off knee injuries. Then there are the unproven youngsters Jenkins, Lockette, and Patton. It makes good sense to bring in a seasoned vet to provide more experience. TB can create cap space, either by restructuring some vet contracts or deciding now's the time to let Goodwin go and install Looney or Kilgore at C.
@dj43

That's exactly how I feel - not too worried at this point. Because, it's very, very early in the off season. There is lots of time to build timing and rapport, there's lots of motivation for an entire group of young receivers who desperately want to step up. In fact, since there are two legitimate speed burners in the group trying to step up and since Kaepernick has such a cannon, they may actually put more work into the long game. And sure, maybe they'll work the phones and bring somebody else in to shore things up. It will be interesting to watch what happens.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Boldin doesn't go past 25 yards downfield... manningham wont play till week 10... kyle williams is ok but won't affect coverage

Best hope we have is VD having a probowl year, but in no way does that mean we shouldn't bring in bodies to compete at WR and let the best man win

Not sure why you're overlooking Jenkins, I see him being a potential beast this year, and the big downfield threat that this team needs. Along with Patton who can replace some of the third down plays as well as some of the YAC threat of Crabtree, 49ers have a lot of talent, we'll just have to see how it all plays out.

You're right I did overlook him. And by all reports he worked on his one deficiency this past offseason. I guess i didn't mention him or patton cause they haven't proven anything yet (yea i know patton is a rook)... So i guess I'll reserve judgement on them until I see them in the offense
Maybe this will allowed Vernon to put up 13+ TDs this year like he should do every year. Crabtree is a huge loss but reports are it's only 6 months.
Just a question: When you lose a player for the yr in OTAs, does the league give us any more cap $$ due to season ending injury to a starter, or better, one of the 5 best players on the team? AB? Anybody?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Bolded = considerations

Of all the bolded, the one who looks most interesting to me is Chaz Schilens. He's tall and fast.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
JC...not a knee-jerk. Look at what Harbaugh has to work with...Boldin's your main threat WR. Both Manningham and KW are coming off knee injuries. Then there are the unproven youngsters Jenkins, Lockette, and Patton. It makes good sense to bring in a seasoned vet to provide more experience. TB can create cap space, either by restructuring some vet contracts or deciding now's the time to let Goodwin go and install Looney or Kilgore at C.

Boldin had 921 yards receiving last year and was the leading receiver and savior of the SB Champions. We lost a lot in losing Crabtree for the future production of the 2013 season but not a lot in comparison to the production of the 2012 season, a season where we went to the Superbowl.
What I feel like... Oh you think you're going win a SB?

Its official.

He is out 6 months.

Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Maybe this will allowed Vernon to put up 13+ TDs this year like he should do every year. Crabtree is a huge loss but reports are it's only 6 months.

I have a feeling our rookie TE will be a pleasant surprise.
  • mod
  • Veteran
2-14... you heard it here
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Bolded = considerations

Of all the bolded, the one who looks most interesting to me is Chaz Schilens. He's tall and fast.

ChazBoner. Oh wait.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Bolded = considerations

ChazBoner. Oh wait.

This may be a far fetched idea...why not call up the Jags to make inquiries about Blackmon. Doubt they'd give him up but with all of his off the field problems they may be interested in getting rid of him. He's out the first 4 games of the season so that could drive the price down. Or even Cecil Shorts?
Share 49ersWebzone