LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 205 users in the forums

Solution(s) to losing Crabs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

This guy will step up.

Niner fans! Things change! That's life. Some of you are pretending that just because the Niners have receivers who HAVEN'T done anything yet means that they're NOT going to do anything this year. Every season receivers you've never seen do anything step up and put up big numbers. All anyone who has hope is saying is that the Niners have a few possible candidates for players who can do that and surprise everyone. Jenkins, Lockette, Patton - if just one of these players proves to be a good receiver and one of them is a decent receiver, the Niners offense will move the chains and score points. McDonald - if he proves that he can go up high and snag passes, the Niners have a Jimmy Grahm - like end zone threat. LaMichael James - he could be the next Darrin Sproles.
Time for Jenkins to step up!
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Chad Johnson
Break Harvin's leg
0-16
Originally posted by pd24:
Chad Johnson

Brandon Lloyd
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
A tornado just hit niner nation, we wanted to know what we had in our young wideouts, we are def gonna find out!!!

Plz be a Victor Cruz

No offense, but with the tragedy going on in Oklahoma, let's chill on the tornado references.

Also, I believe it's impossible to do a deal with Cruz. IIRC, he's a restricted free agent and could only sign an offer sheet with another team a week before the draft. Right now, he either signs with the Giants or plays for no one.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Chad Johnson

Brandon Lloyd

Randy Moss
Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Doctors believed last night that Michael Crabtree's torn Achilles would sideline him six months and recommended surgery asap.

Get him back in time for the Lambs.
Crucial time to get into gear and prepare for the playoffs.
Three division games, all 5 against the NFC, just watch that Turf in Atlanta!

EDIT **Posted this as a new thread in Free Agency**
Available WR Free Agents. Can any contribute?

• Breaston, Steve WR Released 6-0 189 6 Seasons Kansas City
  • Doucet, Early WR Released 6-0 212 5 Seasons Arizona
  • Edwards, Braylon WR UFA 6-3 214 8 Seasons N.Y. Jets
  • Henderson, Devery WR UFA 5-11 200 9 Seasons New Orleans
  • Holmes, Andre WR Released 6-4 223 1 Season New England
  • Johnson, Ronald WR UFA 5-10 185 1 Season Philadelphia (didn't we draft him?)
  • Lloyd, Brandon WR Released 6-0 200 10 Seasons New England (Now i KNOW we drafted him)
  • McNutt, Marvin WR Released 6-2 216 1 Season Philadelphia
  • Moss, Randy WR UFA 6-4 210 14 Seasons San Francisco
  • Obomanu, Ben WR Released 6-1 204 7 Seasons Seattle
  • Osgood, Kassim WR UFA 6-5 220 10 Seasons Detroit
  • Parrish, Roscoe WR UFA 5-9 175 8 Seasons Tampa Bay
  • Robinson, Laurent WR Released 6-2 205 6 Seasons Jacksonville (retired due to concussions i believe)
  • Schilens, Chaz WR UFA 6-4 225 5 Seasons N.Y. Jets (looked at him last year or the year before)
  • Spurlock, Micheal WR UFA 5-11 210 5 Seasons San Diego
  • Stokley, Brandon WR UFA 6-0 194 14 Seasons Denver
  • Stroughter, Sammie WR UFA 5-10 189 4 Seasons Tampa Bay
  • Tuinei, Lavasier WR Released 6-4 220 1 Season Seattle
  • Willis, Matt WR UFA 6-0 190 5 Seasons Denver
[ Edited by zozell on May 22, 2013 at 1:04 PM ]
Originally posted by boast:
Chad Johnson

Brandon Lloyd

Randy Moss

Michael Irvin
wooow this blows
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Let's discuss options going forward. Do we sit tight with what we have or make a trade/sign a free agent.

Who's out there and what kind of moves can we make??!?!

F**K

We're fine because we have depth so much depth. Manningham isn't starting the season either. Soo it means we need Williams, Jenkins, Lockette and Patton to step in and step up. We have VD and V-Mac and from what VD has been saying, it sounds like Celek is getting better too. We have the depth to ease the pain of losing Crabtree for alot of the season if not the whole season. All we can do is pray that Crab heals and gets a cap friendly contract extension
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
So tired of hearing about Ricardo "practice squad" Lockette like he is already a pro....he doesnt represent anything but a prayer. You have to start the season with more than one healthy reciever who has caught an NFL pass. And before you say it William might be ready to go, but he wont be 100%.

This. He's someone that's always been more of an athlete than a receiver. I'm far more sold on Patton and Jenkins than Lockette who got dumped by a team that desperately needed wide receivers. People like him because he's tall and fast but if those are the only criteria for a WR, I can take you down to the local community college track and find you a couple guys who are just as tall and just as fast, if not faster.

He's still a sloppy route runner, has never shown great hands and after one magical offseason in Atlanta, all of the sudden he's a quantity to be depended on? I think not.

The only thing I can say to this is that Lockette has never had the opportunity to work closely with a QB like he has this past off-season. He'll get some focused coaching because the Niners need him to step up. So, all you can say is we'll see. Nobody is guaranteeing anything, but he has a better opportunity and more experience behind him this year, so maybe he'll become the player he wants to be. And, I'm not sure where you got the impression that the Seahawks "desperately needed wide receivers." Didn't they already have Tate, Rice and Baldwin?
Share 49ersWebzone