LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

Solution(s) to losing Crabs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DamulagNiners:
I think Vance is going to contribute big this year. I also have a feeling that teams are going to have trouble stopping are running game now that we have a player like Vance.

I agree, Vance will be a big part of this offense.

Welcome btw
So the WR's now look like.........

1-Boldin
2-Jenkins
3-Patton
4-Manningham
5-Williams
6-Lockette

Could be worse....I guess. If Patton and Jenkins can be good contributors, if Manningham can get healthy fast, if Lockette can actually run routes and catch passes...they might just be okay.
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FAAAAAAAAAQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This, lol
Ouch. This is why I believed then, and even more so now, that our best chance at a SB is behind us. Requires too much luck to win one.
That lazy diva, b*****d will do anything to get out of TC
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on May 22, 2013 at 12:17 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Laurent Robinson might be worth a look. He's battled injuries/concussions, but when healthy, is a proven playmaker. He'd probably be cheap too which is ideal for us right now since we don't have much cap space. Not sure if there are many other legit vet options out there.

I wouldn't add anybody. I would put Lockette on the 53. Boldin, Manningham, Williams, Jenkins, Patton and Lockette.

They wouldn't have to guarantee any of his salary at this point. He would be brought in to compete in camp, and if he beats out some of the younger guys, so be it. If the younger guys beat him out, they're better players for it having earned the spot. There's ZERO downside to bringing in a veteran at this point.

Yeah he might be better now, but I don't want him taking a spot from a young guy who could develop into something special. We already know Laurent is just alright at best.
Move Crabtree to safety.
Originally posted by midrdan:
There are plenty of guys out there that we can bring in to contribute. Henderson, Lloyd, Doucet, Breaston. No, none as good as Crabtree but definitely serviceable competition for the young guys. I still like Boldin and Manningham (when he returns) as a nice 1/2 ... throw in a guy like Lloyd with Patton and Jenkins and it should be enough of a WR corps to compliment our running game.

Manningham wasn't a #2 quality WR before he had a devastating knee injury.....now I'd be happy if he can contribute as the #4 or #5 guy.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

Colin Kaepernick targeted Michael Crabtree 27 times on 3rd down and 13 times in the red zone, both more than 3x as much as the next guy.
Originally posted by Jcool:
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

Colin Kaepernick targeted Michael Crabtree 27 times on 3rd down and 13 times in the red zone, both more than 3x as much as the next guy.

Sando must be excited about his Seahawks chances now.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
So the WR's now look like.........

1-Boldin
2-Jenkins
3-Patton
4-Manningham
5-Williams
6-Lockette

Could be worse....I guess. If Patton and Jenkins can be good contributors, if Manningham can get healthy fast, if Lockette can actually run routes and catch passes...they might just be okay.

Too many ifs, but I think we'll be fine. Good thing we're a run first team.
Well, I guess he will have an injury issue more often than not in his career. Now that we have almost 0 money left it will be impossible to bring in anybody good and still have cash left over for another emergency.

Crabs and Ham on the bench is not good for us. Hope AJ is ready to do something.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
That lazy diva, b*****d will do anything to get out of TC

Dude, really? You even edited it to be further degrading.
trade for DHB...lol.
Does Crabtree salary count against the cap? Or is $$ for injured players not counted?
Share 49ersWebzone