There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Solution(s) to losing Crabs

sh.it on the world
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Well at least we can maybe afford to resign him now.

THIS! Now Niners will own that diva

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
wouldn't put it past harbaalke...ultimate cloak & dagger false flag/disinformation

Please please please please please
Originally posted by AyYoJoey:
anyone else not that worried?? I mean, Crabs had a breakout season last year and was on the path to do big things this year with Kaep. But i am excited to see what Patton and Jenkins do. This is their time to step up and the really good ones usually do. Its not like Crabs was our only receiving threat. We still have vernon, who is the best option, Mcdonald can be huge in 2 TE sets. Not to mention Manningham was playing well before he went down. And as far as having that 3rd down reciever, AB is that guy. This is a minor setback that i believe wont be a problem once the games start.

Besides, we all know Crabs is gone when his contract is up and his feet are made of glass anyways so this is just a head start to life without Crabs.

This is what I am thinking. We'll be ok.

And this may get us Crabs back next year at a better price.
We're going to miss Crabs production... 1105 yards, 13.0 yds/catch, 57 1st downs, 536 YAC and 9 TDs.

BTW, that 57 1st downs is an average of 3.5/game... a rather significant contribution to the offense.
It's the first day of OTA's. My prediction is that Harbaalke are not going to panic and start manically working the phones like some posters around here insist they should do. Mario Manningham and K Williams have seen significant play in the NFL - they're both very quick slot receivers. Boldin is a consummate possession receiver. So, it's time for Jenkins to come to the party. Ricardo Lockette - he'll never have a better opportunity to raise his game and become a factor. Quinton Patton? Come on down and show everyone what a genius Baalke is for drafting you. Not only that, but the Niners have a potential 2 TE set that looks real good with a huge, tall rookie opposite Davis, who is still always a threat to get behind safeties. And, let's not forget the little x-factor - LaMichael James, who, like Darren Sproles, can take a screen and go all the way from anywhere on the field. I'm sure Harbaugh and Baalke aren't panicking. Everyone should calm down.
they need to make a srs play for Victor Cruz, real talk.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
We really don't have any $$ to go and get another #1 WR.

It's time for AJ to step up. And hopefully either Patton or Lockette will come up big this year.

Also, we probably rely heavily on TE sets.

Do you realize how bleak that sounds? Were going to rely on A.J. Jenkins, Ricardo Lockette, and Quentin Patton to step up? They have a combined 2 NFL receptions between the 3 of them. All 3 have NEVER caught a pass as a 49er.

Kyle Williams better step it up, because if old man Boldin isnt a pro bowler this year, were in deep trouble.
Originally posted by onanygivensunday49:
We're going to miss Crabs production... 1105 yards, 13.0 yds/catch, 57 1st downs, 536 YAC and 9 TDs.

BTW, that 57 1st downs is an average of 3.5/game... a rather significant contribution to the offense.

No s**t

We've also landed on the moon
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ballistic:
they need to make a srs play for Victor Cruz, real talk.

not gonna happen
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Was Crab tree pro bowl material before Kaep or Kyle Williams catching bombs or Delanie catching deep ins? No but Kaep makes guys better he rifles it in there and all they have to do is catch. Kaep is the solution

good point
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Assassinate Russell Wilson

/thread
Wow
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Was Crab tree pro bowl material before Kaep or Kyle Williams catching bombs or Delanie catching deep ins? No but Kaep makes guys better he rifles it in there and all they have to do is catch. Kaep is the solution

Ditto. With Kaep at the helm I think all the receivers will perform well. Remember Lockette and Jenkins spent time with Kaep in Atlanta. Those workouts are going to pay huge dividends as I think Boldin lining up opposite Jenkins is a possibility pending Williams and Manninghams comebacks from injury. Don't worry Niner Faithful. Kaep will deliver and the receiving squad will be good enough. Boldin is clutch...lets not forget. Go Niners!!
Bad news, bad luck, but at least the FO and Coach staff have some time to see what they might need to do.