LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Carlos Rodgers thinks he's a starter....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
He is getting paid like a starter

So was Alex. I liked Alex, and I still do, but hen the staff felt that another player making far less money gave the team a better chance to in, they made a change.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Carlos or Aaron?

Bwahahahaha...total pet peeve of mine.
Aaron Rodgers just doesn't have the physical make-up to play the slot CB position anymore (speed, strength, quickness)...do you really want him covering guys such as Austin, Harvin and Cruz? He's a decent outside LCB esp. when he has help over the top and breaks off routes. He plays best when he's burned and in the spot light. Nnamdi wants to rejuvenate his career and is hungry. So I fully expect a dog fight this off season now that Carlos is being pushed. He's right, there WILL be some competition. And don't forget about Culliver as well.
He'll probably start but be taken out often
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
the d is silent

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
He is getting paid like a starter

So was Alex. I liked Alex, and I still do, but hen the staff felt that another player making far less money gave the team a better chance to in, they made a change.

Well until the staff says so, Rogers is still the starter.
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
I love when someone starts a thread to analyze a player and can't even spell their name.

True that, at least get the name right.
Q: What do "Carlos Rodgers" and yo momma have in common?
A: They don't really need a D in them, but everyone shoves one in anyway.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Well until the staff says so, Rogers is still the starter.

Who?
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Aaron Rodgers just doesn't have the physical make-up to play the slot CB position anymore (speed, strength, quickness)...do you really want him covering guys such as Austin, Harvin and Cruz? He's a decent outside LCB esp. when he has help over the top and breaks off routes. He plays best when he's burned and in the spot light. Nnamdi wants to rejuvenate his career and is hungry. So I fully expect a dog fight this off season now that Carlos is being pushed. He's right, there WILL be some competition. And don't forget about Culliver as well.

Agreed, but he'd make for a hell of a backup QB.

Only b/c he's a huge Niner fan.

• KK49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ballistic:
rogers sucks

only when the Smith bothers are injured ( like the rest of our secondary)
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
CB is the hardest position to play on defense. Rogers is above average at it. I don't get all the hate.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
CB is the hardest position to play on defense. Rogers is above average at it. I don't get all the hate.

It's probably a few possibilities...

1. Rogers makes a lot of money, and most fans likely don't. Unless the player is a superstar, they loathe the money the player gets and it makes them angry that they don't make anywhere close to it.
2. Rogers really was NOT above average while playing NCB. It was ugly.
3. It's a forum.. and in a forum, there will always be exaggerated dislike of players OR at least, other people misinterpreting "hate" for simple disappointment.

I doubt anyone really wants to take a knife to Rogers.. but they probably feel he "slacked off" last year... and fans don't like slackers on their team.
Originally posted by captain_planet:
Q: What do "Carlos Rodgers" and yo momma have in common?
A: They don't really need a D in them, but everyone shoves one in anyway.

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
It's probably a few possibilities...

1. Rogers makes a lot of money, and most fans likely don't. Unless the player is a superstar, they loathe the money the player gets and it makes them angry that they don't make anywhere close to it.
2. Rogers really was NOT above average while playing NCB. It was ugly.
3. It's a forum.. and in a forum, there will always be exaggerated dislike of players OR at least, other people misinterpreting "hate" for simple disappointment.

I doubt anyone really wants to take a knife to Rogers.. but they probably feel he "slacked off" last year... and fans don't like slackers on their team.

This, to me he became lazy once he got paid... I did not see the hunger he had in 2011-12.
Share 49ersWebzone