There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Carlos Rodgers thinks he's a starter....

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Carlos or Aaron?

It's Mr. Rodgers to you.
Amazing how the fan base hates the guy one season removed from the Pro Bowl.
Originally posted by captveg:
There are idiots. Right now at this moment Carlos is the starter opposite Brown. Its up to Nnambi and Chris Culliver (who was abused in the playoffs) to unseat Carlos.
Leave Carlos Rogers at LCB, and I have no complaints (at least for another season). Mix in Culliver at LCB to get him some reps and give Rogers "some rest."

Just don't play Rogers as a NCB. He doesn't belong there.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Leave Carlos Rogers at LCB, and I have no complaints (at least for another season). Mix in Culliver at LCB to get him some reps and give Rogers "some rest."

I think Nnamdi could be like last years Brandon Jacobs except he should get more PT. Injuries happen to Corners frequently (not have been the case for the 49ers lately) but say if something happens to Rogers or Brown then we have a starting corner to step in and play. It is a win win because it is not like we are paying him millions. I think Rogers will remain the starter.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

I think Nnamdi could be like last years Brandon Jacobs except he should get more PT. Injuries happen to Corners frequently (not have been the case for the 49ers lately) but say if something happens to Rogers or Brown then we have a starting corner to step in and play. It is a win win because it is not like we are paying him millions. I think Rogers will remain the starter.

Hey, that works for me. I love having depth like this at CB. I see a guy like Frank Gore and think.. he's a back that is at his best when he sees a heavier load of carries. So it's hard to justify sending him to the bench for a rest, unless the game is decided early. At CB though, I'd have no issue with us rotating guys in at a healthier rate.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by captveg:
There are idiots. Right now at this moment Carlos is the starter opposite Brown. Its up to Nnambi and Chris Culliver (who was abused in the playoffs) to unseat Carlos.

Totally agree. Carlos is on the radar because he struggled covering the slot. He is and always has been a very good outside CB.

Its not his fault that he has been our best option for covering the slot, and therefore been forced to play a position that he isn't ideally suited for. That is more of a ding on Baalke and our personnel department.

I guarantee that if we got someone else to play in the slot, Carlos would look like a pro-bowler again playing exclusively on the outside.
I love Carlos Rodgers confidence ....everyone on that defense should carry a swagger around, and then back it up on the field

ain't nothing wrong with being confident ...I would hate to have scared shaky DB's on the field for us
  • cools
  • Veteran
I think the original poster nailed it.

Carlos starts at LCB, Brown at RCB
Asomugha steps in as the RCB in the Nickle, Brown moves inside to cover the slot
This would keep Asomugha fresh, and also playing in his natural position on the right side.
Ive read Brown is our quickest CB, he seems well suited to cover those small slot guys

Though last year, they moved Carlos to the slot and put Culliver in at LCB

Culliver could drop to the 4th CB spot, but still be the primary backup and hier apparent to the LCB spot
Originally posted by cools:
I think the original poster nailed it.

Carlos starts at LCB, Brown at RCB
Asomugha steps in as the RCB in the Nickle, Brown moves inside to cover the slot
This would keep Asomugha fresh, and also playing in his natural position on the right side.
Ive read Brown is our quickest CB, he seems well suited to cover those small slot guys

Though last year, they moved Carlos to the slot and put Culliver in at LCB

Culliver could drop to the 4th CB spot, but still be the primary backup and hier apparent to the LCB spot

if we keep Cox as the 5th CB, that's good depth (anything to get Brock off the team)
  • IT21
We're (by we're I mean Jed ) not 8 paying him 8 mil this year to sit on the bench lol
Carlos Rogers should not cover the slot.
I hope one of the new guys Morris or Cooper beat out Brock.
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
Maybe coming into OTA's lol... Culliver and Brown will be on the field at all times this year and Nnamdi is a Perfect fit for our corner press system. If Nnamdi proves he can still lock down in a press system, I bet T Brown moves to the slot and Rodgers is Pine Sol.

And hey new guy...

COUGH...COUGH...

I love when someone starts a thread to analyze a player and can't even spell their name.