There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OTA News

Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Only news I want to hear out of OTAs is nothing. Positive performances from OTAs means almost nothing, imo, and anything else is injuries or other stuff with bad implications.

I agree with this!
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Where was AJ?

bulking up
Hopefully Jenkins work over the summer will show in ota's & minicamp. We will find out shortly.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Originally posted by susweel:
gaining 4 pounds of muscle. lol

He's bulked up to 196 pounds, four pounds more than last season's listed weight. "If I get to 200 (pounds), I'll be good to go," Jenkins said while looking at his larger biceps and wearing a sleeveless shirt.

"Bulked up"? It took him a year to only add 4 lbs? I hope this guy takes all this very seriously or he'll find himself unemployed.

Yea I thought the same thing lol , 4 pounds is nothing lol, can gain that over a large lunch and dinner
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Only news I want to hear out of OTAs is nothing. Positive performances from OTAs means almost nothing, imo, and anything else is injuries or other stuff with bad implications.

I agree with this!

I personally enjoy reading anything I can about the niners, excluding anything involving the dreaded "I" word. I know that Jim runs a tight ship and the beat writers don't get to see much but they get to see a lot more than I do. It's fun to read the writers perception on camp and how the position groups are shaping up. Hell sometimes they are even right on things (none where impressed with AJJ last year).

Basically the off season is boring, I'm a junkie and niner news is my crack.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

He's bulked up to 196 pounds, four pounds more than last season's listed weight. "If I get to 200 (pounds), I'll be good to go," Jenkins said while looking at his larger biceps and wearing a sleeveless shirt.

"Bulked up"? It took him a year to only add 4 lbs? I hope this guy takes all this very seriously or he'll find himself unemployed.

Yea I thought the same thing lol , 4 pounds is nothing lol, can gain that over a large lunch and dinner

Reduce your body fat % to below 8%, then try to add 4 pounds that isnt water or fat without taking any restricted substances... you will be in for a shock.
I have a feeling kaep has made it his mission to get AJ ready, not to mention this is AJ's style, takes him a year to get going, then he balls out...
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

Reduce your body fat % to below 8%, then try to add 4 pounds that isnt water or fat without taking any restricted substances... you will be in for a shock.

Truth.

The need to satisfy a particular body composition changes everything. 4 pounds of (I'm assuming) lean muscle is A LOT for a speed receiver.
He gained 4 pounds.....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Has OTAs started yet and what has been heard about any progress?

Started Monday.
4 lbs is all he gained ?! That's a joke !!

I also thought he sounded very defensive in his OTA interview. I think he is almost getting to a point of being paranoid that everyone views him negatively.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I agree with this!

Depends on your perspective.

Players competing for roster spots might think that organized team activities mean more than almost nothing.
AJ Jenkins is on notice. He knows the pressure is on. JH has a new favorite Q Patton and if AJ J doesnt prove his worth, he can easily go to PSquad or be cut.
unless youve watched practices and seen the work put in your opinion doesnt mean much..why dont we let it play out before we put a second year player "on notice"
lol 4 pounds of muscle. i gain 4 pounds just by getting a hard on.