LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

OTA News

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
One of the things I have gathered from OTAs so far is that no WR has distinguished themselves as of yet.
Colt McCoy seems to be settling into the primary backup position.
With all of the injuries that the backups are getting a lot of repetitions.
Training camp will be intense in sorting out the 53.
Lots of CBs, Saveties, and WRs that will have to sort out.
This year Harbaalke have focused a lot on special teams. Hopefully that gaping hole will be filled and filled well. Looks like La Michael James will be our primary punt returner and kick returner.
Backup Dline will be a focus.

Big competition at WR, Dline/OLB rotation, Safety... All this we never had under Singletary. The mantra Harbaugh preaches about getting better could never be more true. This organization has been so active in everything to make itself better despite being loaded with talent and potential already. From FA, to the Draft, staff acquisitions, the constant competition... It's a beautiful thing.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
One of the things I have gathered from OTAs so far is that no WR has distinguished themselves as of yet.
This year Harbaalke have focused a lot on special teams. Hopefully that gaping hole will be filled and filled well. Looks like La Michael James will be our primary punt returner and kick returner.

Big competition at WR, Dline/OLB rotation, Safety... All this we never had under Singletary. The mantra Harbaugh preaches about getting better could never be more true. This organization has been so active in everything to make itself better despite being loaded with talent and potential already. From FA, to the Draft, staff acquisitions, the constant competition... It's a beautiful thing.

Honestly, we have massive competition everywhere. Look at positions across the board and there are spots being fought for:

QB - McCoy vs. Tolzien vs. Daniels
RB - Dixon, Hampton, Harper
WR - KW vs. Lockette vs. Patton (more for level on depth chart than a spot on the team since they're expected to make it)
TE - Celek, Gray, Morrah
OL - Wiggins, Bykowski, Marquardt, Tibue, Netter, Omammeh
DL - Dial, Okoye, Divens, Jerod-Eddie, Tukuafu, Purcell, Dobbs
ILB - Fleming, Moody, Wilhoite
OLB - Fleming vs. Johnson
CB - Asomugha, Cooper, Morris, Cox, Brock, Rose
S - Reid, Dahl, Robinson
STs - Osgood, Moody, Stupar, Skuta, Ventrone, McDermott, Nelson
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Honestly, we have massive competition everywhere. Look at positions across the board and there are spots being fought for:

WR - KW vs. Lockette vs. Patton (more for level on depth chart than a spot on the team since they're expected to make it)
TE - Celek, Gray, Morrah
S - Reid, Dahl, Robinson

With Haralson and Lemonier, I wouldn't be surprised if both guys don't make it.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by defenderDX:

TE - Celek, Gray, Morrah
S - Reid, Dahl, Robinson

Exactly. I only listed a few, whereas those are just small examples when compared to the big picture.
Originally posted by buck:
Comment From Robert Robert: ]

Matt I've been hearing that Eric Reid has really been struggling in OTA's. Is there any thruth to that?
MattB_49:
No

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/06/04/5471345/live-chat-last-week-of-otas-for.html

Haha this is good to hear. I would believe Matt before some poorly written fan article

lol...dude it's only OTAs ..pretty much walk throughs...wait till training camp when they can really distinguish themselves
Any takes on Morris? (No interest in bumping the oiginal thread.)
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/2013-OTAs-Highlights/6a915416-d672-44b9-9670-9d50d9a4200b
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/2013-OTAs-Highlights/6a915416-d672-44b9-9670-9d50d9a4200b

my body is ready for football season
I believe the last of the OTAs will start today and I hope to hear some good stuff come out for the media is able to watch these practices.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Jim Harbaugh on WR AJ Jenkins: "A.J. had his best week of football since he's been a 49er the last four days of OTAs."
Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Jim Harbaugh on WR AJ Jenkins: "A.J. had his best week of football since he's been a 49er the last four days of OTAs."

OTAs are over meng...

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/173507-june-minicamp-thread-news-11-13/
Good summary on the OTAs of today.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/06/11/practice-report-nice-day-by-receivers-not-so-much-for-tolzien-attendance-almost-perfect/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29
f**king Crabtree. always getting injured on purpose or holding out. diva
Another summary:
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/06/49ers-minicamp-nice-snag-by-jenkins-who-may-be-in-the-lead-for-no-2-wideout.html
Share 49ersWebzone