There are 302 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Preferred" nickname" for our new stadium

Preferred" nickname" for our new stadium

Originally posted by troysmithsequel:
I propose THE LEVIATHAN.

It's a natural extension of the stadium's actual name. And that leviathan can mean 'giant', there's nice symmetry to go along with the San Francisco Giants.

For those not readily versed, here's the Wikipedia intro on "Leviathan":

Leviathan (/lɨˈvaɪ.əθən/; Hebrew: לִוְיָתָן, Modern Livyatan Tiberian Liwyāṯān ; "twisted, coiled") is a sea monster referenced in the Tanakh, or the Old Testament.

The word has become synonymous with any large sea monster or creature. In literature (e.g., Herman Melville's Moby-Dick) it refers to great whales, and in Modern Hebrew, it means simply "whale." It is described extensively in Job 41 and mentioned in Isaiah 27:1.

Fairly badass. Also, being on the coast, naming it for a sea monster makes sense.

Check out the link in the quote for an illustration, or do a Google image search for some other wicked examples.

I'm generally of the idea of a nickname being earned or happening in its own time.

But if we insist upon naming it here ourselves, vote:

THE LEVIATHAN.

Ghey
Starship Enterpants
THE BRUCE
[ Edited by Hacksaw on May 22, 2013 at 8:16 PM ]
I like just "The Mine" because in implies blue collar hands dirty pickaxe swinging man work. "Gold Mine" has a pretentious connotation and anyway everyone knows exactly what 49ers mine for. The Stitch is my second favorite, it does pay homage to the Stick but I don't know if it fits the 49ers as well, even if Levi's is the sponsor.
anyone come up with 'The Fortress' yet? Or has some other NFL team lay claim to that?
How bout ..... The BULGE ! LoL........ Levi bulge !!! Ha Ha

We do have a reciever named Patton ! He won the battle of the bulge in 1944.
Aunt Flow stadium
Originally posted by troysmithsequel:
I propose THE LEVIATHAN.

It's a natural extension of the stadium's actual name. And that leviathan can mean 'giant', there's nice symmetry to go along with the San Francisco Giants.

For those not readily versed, here's the Wikipedia intro on "Leviathan":

Leviathan (/lɨˈvaɪ.əθən/; Hebrew: לִוְיָתָן, Modern Livyatan Tiberian Liwyāṯān ; "twisted, coiled") is a sea monster referenced in the Tanakh, or the Old Testament.

The word has become synonymous with any large sea monster or creature. In literature (e.g., Herman Melville's Moby-Dick) it refers to great whales, and in Modern Hebrew, it means simply "whale." It is described extensively in Job 41 and mentioned in Isaiah 27:1.

Fairly badass. Also, being on the coast, naming it for a sea monster makes sense.

Check out the link in the quote for an illustration, or do a Google image search for some other wicked examples.

I'm generally of the idea of a nickname being earned or happening in its own time.

But if we insist upon naming it here ourselves, vote:

THE LEVIATHAN.

LEVIathan is well thought out., but like you said, nicknames happen in time, probably by somebody on TV or radio. You can't really force a nickname; well, unless you're the 49ers or Levi Strauss.
The Jean pool.
"The Gold Hole" was a joke right? lmmfao
Originally posted by redrazer45:
How bout ..... The BULGE ! LoL........ Levi bulge !!! Ha Ha

We do have a reciever named Patton ! He won the battle of the bulge in 1944.

LMAO
Red Tag stadium? Simple and relates to Levi's
strauss house
The Denim Dungeon
Area 501 has grown on me.