Preferred" nickname" for our new stadium

"The Strauss"

The Strauss that Harbaugh built

The Strauss of Pain

Going to a Strauss Party!

Kaep is in the Strauss!
Site of Super Bowl 50
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Given the way we have been known to sell the stadium naming rights. I'm really against any references to jeans...My personal opinion....

Am I the only one to feel this way.... Seriously
Loserville
The Gold Hole comments has been hilarious
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Loserville

Says the "Guy?" with 26k posts since 2011.....lol
[ Edited by D-NOTTE on May 21, 2013 at 7:54 PM ]
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Loserville

Says the "Guy?" with 26k posts since 2011.....lol

Wait I know you just love the Niners more...lol
Originally posted by 99problems:
How about we wait to see the finished product. Go to a game and give it a nickname it earns.

For all we know it could have a bird problem and we have to call it the bird toilet.

Haha, have to agree with this.

A nickname is not something you can force or vote for. They have to come about naturally. If it ends up getting a nickname cool, if not then I'm fine with Levi field.

Forced nicknames are just lame.
I propose THE LEVIATHAN.

It's a natural extension of the stadium's actual name. And that leviathan can mean 'giant', there's nice symmetry to go along with the San Francisco Giants.

For those not readily versed, here's the Wikipedia intro on "Leviathan":

Leviathan (/lɨˈvaɪ.əθən/; Hebrew: לִוְיָתָן, Modern Livyatan Tiberian Liwyāṯān ; "twisted, coiled") is a sea monster referenced in the Tanakh, or the Old Testament.

The word has become synonymous with any large sea monster or creature. In literature (e.g., Herman Melville's Moby-Dick) it refers to great whales, and in Modern Hebrew, it means simply "whale." It is described extensively in Job 41 and mentioned in Isaiah 27:1.

Fairly badass. Also, being on the coast, naming it for a sea monster makes sense.

Check out the link in the quote for an illustration, or do a Google image search for some other wicked examples.

I'm generally of the idea of a nickname being earned or happening in its own time.

But if we insist upon naming it here ourselves, vote:

THE LEVIATHAN.
Originally posted by troysmithsequel:
I propose THE LEVIATHAN.

It's a natural extension of the stadium's actual name. And that leviathan can mean 'giant', there's nice symmetry to go along with the San Francisco Giants.

Leviathan (/lɨˈvaɪ.əθən/; Hebrew: לִוְיָתָן, Modern Livyatan Tiberian Liwyāṯān ; "twisted, coiled") is a sea monster referenced in the Tanakh, or the Old Testament.

The word has become synonymous with any large sea monster or creature. In literature (e.g., Herman Melville's Moby-Dick) it refers to great whales, and in Modern Hebrew, it means simply "whale." It is described extensively in Job 41 and mentioned in Isaiah 27:1.

Fairly badass. Also, being on the coast, naming it for a sea monster makes sense.

Check out the link in the quote for an illustration, or do a Google image search for some other wicked examples.

I'm generally of the idea of a nickname being earned or happening in its own time.

THE LEVIATHAN.

/end thread... go home folks we have a winner
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Migratory game bird hunting stadium! Bring on the Cards and Sea Hawks.

Let's go one step further, "DEAD BIRD FIELD"
Originally posted by Mankster:

Bird Cemetery
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Bird Cemetery

Since we host the "Rams" too...we could go with "Killing Field" Too much?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Bird Cemetery

Since we host the "Rams" too...we could go with "Killing Field" Too much?

Originally posted by troysmithsequel:
I propose THE LEVIATHAN.

THE LEVIATHAN.
how about no