There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Preferred" nickname" for our new stadium

Preferred" nickname" for our new stadium

The "Let's not lose a SuperBowl again" stadium.
Welcome to the Gold Mine
Candlestick Park of Santa Clara
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Nicknames are different than the actual field name. I'm OK with Levi's Stadium if we have a cool nickname.

Like the San Jose Sharks "HP Pavilion" is nicknamed "The Shark Tank", I would like it if our stadium was nicknamed "The Zipper" or "Field of Jeans".

The Button Fly
Home of Super Bowl 50
"The Home of Super Bowls"

(NFL will love coming back.....as will the Niners )
The Golden Spike?
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Nicknames are different than the actual field name. I'm OK with Levi's Stadium if we have a cool nickname.

Like the San Jose Sharks "HP Pavilion" is nicknamed "The Shark Tank", I would like it if our stadium was nicknamed "The Zipper" or "Field of Jeans".

Umm, how about the BIG zipper!

The only other one I'd think would be "The Denim Den". I think Detroit's Ford Field is also called the Lions Den.
I'd love to come up with something different, but my guess it'll just be refered to as Levi (and I'm aware there is an "S"). "Catching a game at Levi".

In Indy they just call it Lucas Oil. Same deal.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on May 20, 2013 at 4:24 PM ]
The Gold Mine ?

Miners Den ?
Given the way we have been known to sell the stadium naming rights. I'm really against any references to jeans...My personal opinion....
Originally posted by verb1der:
Candlestick Park of Santa Clara

Awesome.
Football Park
The Superfly

Superfly Stadium

I hate that it's similar to Superdome doe...
[ Edited by niners_guy on May 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Whatabout .... hmmmmmm.... The Red Menace.. or, The Red Hood.. or even... Clementine Stadium...
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home