LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 349 users in the forums

Will 2014 be Crabtree's last season as a Niner?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will 2014 be Crabtree's last season as a Niner?

Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by buck:
I have fears that his rookie season may come back to haunt the team.

What exactly does this mean? Seriously, this makes no sense to me.

If you are talking about the team not folding when facing his hold-out, you might want to reconsider your thought processes.

He held out until October of his rookie season, I have grave concerns that this attitude will resurface when it comes time for a new contract?

Here let me say it is words perhaps you might understand,

CRABTREE LIKE MONEY.

CRABTREE THINK HE WORTH BIG MONEY.

WHEN CRABTREE FIRST COME TO TEAM HE NOT PLAY UNLESS HE GET BIG MONEY.

HE HOLD OUT FOR BIG MONEY.

ME AFRAID HE STILL WANT BIG MONEY,

There is that in words you can understand?

The phrase something comes back to haunt you, or comes back to bite you in the a$$ is used frequently used when the you, the team in this case, made a mistake. Since the team did not make a mistake in the way it dealt with Crabtree's hold out, I found your remark confusing.

I was confused or your comment was confusing. But, I do get confused easily.

Your response with the caps and simplistic English does seem a bit like a personal attack. But, maybe I am confused again.

If not, and it was a personal attack, I leave you, and the discussion, with the wise words of a sophomoric sage.

lay of the personal attacks.

By the way, that should be lay off, not lay of.

So your misunderstanding of idioms of the english language is my fault? Sorry, for the caps, I just assumed that you were yet another simple minded dolt, as they say in the modern vernacular....My Bad!
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Dez and Crabs have the same agent and I think dez's contract is up after 2014 too. Idk, I just don't see JJ even trying to make that one happen.

Yes, Dez is up in 2014 too. Good point you make here. I guess it would come down to who the Cowboys think is better. But it certainly doesn't mean some other team will not open their checkbook for Crabs, or Bryant.

I think the team will make a reasonable offer, and Crabtree will "test" the market. If the cow-pokes are off the table that helps our chances.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
@Pillbusta:

Don't get me wrong. I would love for them to retain him. I think he's one of the top receivers in the game. He plays on a team that doesn't throw as much as a lot of other teams and he still puts up good numbers. I just don't think they'll be able to come up with the money he will demand and I don't see him as the kind of player who will be open to a "home-town discount." I think he goes with the money and I don't hold that against him at all. I hope I'm wrong.

Man you know my homer glasses tend to view the world in red and gold and if I were Crabtree I would take a fair deal to stay with one of the league's finest organizations for a chance to win it all. But since Crabtree is probably much different from me and he may tend to see the world in green we might not be able to keep him. Time will tell but we can hold out hope. Either way, I know we will make a smart decision at the position with all of our draft ammo
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Crabs isn't going anyplace. They will resign him

I'm hoping this is true
Originally posted by Antix:
My gut says yes which really.sucks because hes gonna be awesome. Hopefully he wants to be a GOAT and stays. Thats all we really have bankin in this because theres no money.

This is where actually winning the SB coulda helped :(

Don't know about that, just look at Boldin.
And yes I do believe that Crabtree will walk. It will be a very similar situation to Goldson I suppose so maybe we franchise him.
Im not so sure he's coming to Dallas I say that cause I now live in Ft Worth area and this is me reasoning if J Jones keeps making the idiot contracts he's been making T Romo 100+ mill the Cowpukes wont have the cap room to sign him.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
And yes I do believe that Crabtree will walk. It will be a very similar situation to Goldson I suppose so maybe we franchise him.

I don't think you want to franchise a receiver these days - I'm guessing too many outrageous contracts makes the franchise cost of a receiver way too high.
  • buck
  • Veteran
So your misunderstanding of idioms of the english language is my fault? Sorry, for the caps, I just assumed that you were yet another simple minded dolt, as they say in the modern vernacular....My Bad!
No problem. My bad, but I am just a simple minded dolt.

But, hey at least I got lay off correct.

Dolt that I am, I never knew that english language was part of the modern vernacular. I thought it was English language.

Your mastery of the idioms of the English language is astounding. Thanks for the education.
[ Edited by buck on May 19, 2013 at 10:52 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
I think the team will make a reasonable offer, and Crabtree will "test" the market. If the cow-pokes are off the table that helps our chances.

I agree.

If Crabtree tests the open market, some team, not necessarily the Cowboys, will pay him what he wants.

IMO it all depends on how our other WRs do in the next two seasons. We have 3 young guys in Jenkins, Patton, and Lockette. So if these 3 guys pan out then there will be no use in throwing a bunch of money at crabs. Plus we would probably draft another WR.

I will say its a big 50/50 chance he resigns
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
IMO it all depends on how our other WRs do in the next two seasons. We have 3 young guys in Jenkins, Patton, and Lockette. So if these 3 guys pan out then there will be no use in throwing a bunch of money at crabs. Plus we would probably draft another WR.

I will say its a big 50/50 chance he resigns

Can't keep everybody, can't pay everybody but we must retain Kaep and Aldon. Iupati and Crabtree could be casualties
Franchise him for a couple of years. Hopefully our younger guys develop by then and/or we sign a free agent that will not cap rape us. And sincal is right, to even ask who to sign between kap and crabs is laughable. A wr vs a franchise qb?
Kaep seems like a loyal and I'm hoping he doesn't get too greedy with his contract. I hate the idea of another team contracting Crabs.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Franchise him for a couple of years. Hopefully our younger guys develop by then and/or we sign a free agent that will not cap rape us. And sincal is right, to even ask who to sign between kap and crabs is laughable. A wr vs a franchise qb?

Did you see GNielsen's comment a few posts up? He's right. A franchise tag makes the cost of a receiver unreasonably high.

If he doesn't want to accept what the Niners offer (presuming they want to keep him), just tender him as a first rounder (see what the Giants did with Cruz). If the team doesn't want to pay what another team offers him, the Niners walk away with their first rounder. Not bad.

Anyway, I'm not sure that any team will be willing to pay ridiculous money for him. Consider: He's not particularly fast. He's had one 1000 yd season to date. If he wasn't a Niner, a lot of posters would be less effusive with their praise.
Share 49ersWebzone