There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will 2014 be Crabtree's last season as a Niner?

Will 2014 be Crabtree's last season as a Niner?

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
We will resign crabtree this season along with iupati. Then kaepernick after a full season as starter.

After signing our rookies, we'll have about $5 of cap space. So how do we apportion it?

Hmm... I think $2.50 for Kap, and $1.25 each for Iupati and Crabs. I think we should pay them in pennies, that way it'll look like they are getting a lot more.

I like the way you think.

Do it, Trent!
Yes, im serious. Not that I want to lose Brooks, he's a heckuva player, but it would make the most sense. You can only have so much salary cap space tied into each position and we have a lot of money into our linebackers, especially if we resign Aldon longterm. With PW, Bowman, Aldon, and Brooks will will have the most money into linebackers out of any team in the league. I'm sure we drafted this Lemonier kid for a reason. He looks like the possible Brooks replacement. Actually I got the idea from one of the articles I read on this site about how the modern NFL GM's have to spread money around.

Yep, GRABTREE. My boy made that up in honor of Crab's great hands.
The Niners are preparing to [b]not have him. Smartly so. He really wants the money. He wants to play for Dallas and Jerry Jones will pay him. He will have a great year this season, then will be traded. Maybe for a first rounder. JJ might do it. Guaranteed, our wide receiver core will be top notch in the future.
Originally posted by 60sfan:
The Niners are preparing to [b]not have him. Smartly so. He really wants the money. He wants to play for Dallas and Jerry Jones will pay him. He will have a great year this season, then will be traded. Maybe for a first rounder. JJ might do it. Guaranteed, our wide receiver core will be top notch in the future.

I had not thought of the trade angle. That makes sense to me actually. They have this year to figure out if we are in the position to do so. Maybe AJ and patton, Or AJ and Lockette, or some combo will prove themselves.Fleecing another 1st round Dallas pick would just be a bonus.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
I had not thought of the trade angle. That makes sense to me actually. They have this year to figure out if we are in the position to do so. Maybe AJ and patton, Or AJ and Lockette, or some combo will prove themselves.Fleecing another 1st round Dallas pick would just be a bonus.

Jerry is an a$$. Let us do a Roy Williams trade or better yet a Joey Galloway trade. He gave up a lot for a perceived number 2 in Roy Williams and 2 1st for Joey Galloway. Let's get this done!! Jerry never met a star he didn't like

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3643295
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
The next person to say Michael Crabtree "wants" to play for Jerry Jones in Dallas needs to come up with some more proof other than the stupid argument that "he's from Dallas". If that was the case, 25% the players in the NFL would play for Miami.
No he will be back
  • jrg
  • Veteran
No way we let him go.
Like Tom Brady, Crabtree wants to play for his Childhood favorite team. Book it!

Opposing voice: Michael CrabtreeSeptember, 17, 20119/17/11
10:30
AM CT

RECOMMEND0TWEET6COMMENTS1EMAILPRINT
IRVING, Texas -- Michael Crabtree used to work the concession stands at Texas Stadium, growing up. Well, working might be a stretch. "I was watching the games," Crabtree said. "I pretty much let my mom do all that. I was watching the games. I'd find somebody's open seat and I was watching the games. Going down there, stealing Michael Irvin's towel and the next weekend wearing it to my games." Sunday Crabtree, the Carter High School grad and San Francisco wide receiver, will play his first game against his former favorite team when the Cowboys visit Candlestick Park.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by buck:
I have fears that his rookie season may come back to haunt the team.

What exactly does this mean? Seriously, this makes no sense to me.

If you are talking about the team not folding when facing his hold-out, you might want to reconsider your thought processes.

He held out until October of his rookie season, I have grave concerns that this attitude will resurface when it comes time for a new contract?

Here let me say it is words perhaps you might understand,

CRABTREE LIKE MONEY.

CRABTREE THINK HE WORTH BIG MONEY.

WHEN CRABTREE FIRST COME TO TEAM HE NOT PLAY UNLESS HE GET BIG MONEY.

HE HOLD OUT FOR BIG MONEY.

ME AFRAID HE STILL WANT BIG MONEY,

There is that in words you can understand?

The phrase something comes back to haunt you, or comes back to bite you in the a$$ is used frequently used when the you, the team in this case, made a mistake. Since the team did not make a mistake in the way it dealt with Crabtree's hold out, I found your remark confusing.

I was confused or your comment was confusing. But, I do get confused easily.

Your response with the caps and simplistic English does seem a bit like a personal attack. But, maybe I am confused again.

If not, and it was a personal attack, I leave you, and the discussion, with the wise words of a sophomoric sage.

lay of the personal attacks.

By the way, that should be lay off, not lay of.
[ Edited by buck on May 18, 2013 at 8:16 PM ]
Dez and Crabs have the same agent and I think dez's contract is up after 2014 too. Idk, I just don't see JJ even trying to make that one happen.
Crabs is going to fall in love with his stats with Kaep throwing to him.

Throw in the fact that we are a DEEP playoff team for the next 5+ years... why even consider leaving?
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Dez and Crabs have the same agent and I think dez's contract is up after 2014 too. Idk, I just don't see JJ even trying to make that one happen.

nice insight. I didn't see that one coming. if MC15 plays his heart out we just might be forced to make room for him at the table
There is no way they let Crabs walk why would you even waste your time writing this post. He is entering the prime of his career and has all the tools around him to become an elite number 1 WR who will have many 1000 plus receiving yard seasons to come. Kao and Crabs have great chemistry and when a QB and a WR have that special bond neither player is going anywhere. So whatever he asks for we will find a way to work out a deal with him and keep him as we need a top notch WR and especially one that has the Chemistry with his QB and entering the prime of his career.
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Yes, Dez is up in 2014 too. Good point you make here. I guess it would come down to who the Cowboys think is better. But it certainly doesn't mean some other team will not open their checkbook for Crabs, or Bryant.