There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

GUESS THE 53!!

We're about 24 hours away from the final 53!!! Get your posts in! We will score the best projections once its all said and done. Whoever got the most right PLUS had it earliest will win two tickets to the 9ers opening game against the Packers!

No, not really.... but will be cool to see who got the most right the earliest
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
My final projection after the final preseason game, linked here, with salary sheet on NCH

I kept Cam Johnson, he had a great game, 2 sacks, and punt recovery TD in End Zone.

Kept Gray over Celek

Kept TJE and Tukuafu

Kept McDermott over Jennings, cost cutting move, I hate the idea, but It may be a reality tomorrow and Saturday.

Hall over Hawkins, mainly because I think they may bring Hawkins back after week 1, so they aren't forced to pay is entire salary guaranteed, this way e is cuttable, and be able to not eat salary. I would keep Hawkins, but with Manningham and Crabtree possibly coming back, we need to keep finances as a high priority.

Under my projection, we would have available this much cap room, $3,492,440. Not as much as I hoped. But the Haralson trade made sense then, and does more so now, it wasn't about Haralson not being a good backup, the 1.15M salary was too high, when Lemonier and Johnson are making league rook minimum. And Jennings, even at $940K, I deemed too much. I would love to keep Jennings, my hope is that a vet like Vernon comes in and says we need to keep the vet, and redoes his deal, and maybe gets extended in process, or Boldin does it, cuts his $6M salary in half, and extended another yr or 2.

Very nice AB.

• I had Cam all along and he solidified his spot even more (again, a Fangio favorite).
  • I "want" Gray over Celek but Gray got very few snaps last night (could be b/c he's not in the plans or we didn't want to showcase him in hopes of him making it to the PS, etc.)
  • Dobbs is the first DE off the bench and he even had 2 ST tackles last night. I'm not a fan of either TJE or Tukuafu but I wouldn't be surprised if we kept at least one...for one game until Dobbs comes back.
  • I'm still torn on McDermott as well esp. since Harbaugh publically said he was at fault for the missed FG (could be setting him up for a cut for Jennings).
  • I've had Hall all along BUT Hawkins is a veteran and can play WR "and" he seems to have an "it" about him when returning punts (though he only got a couple chances last night). He and Patton could end up being dynamic. So does that mean we drop Hall (who is also a returner) for Hawkins? Or do we go 4 TE's and only 5 WR's?

Love that salary cap info you provide us b/c it truly matters re: cuts!
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 30, 2013 at 8:02 AM ]
Here is my final 53......

QB Kaepernick, McCoy, Daniels
HB Gore, Hunter, Dixon, James
FB Miller
WR Boldin, Moore, Patton, Williams, Baldwin (I have an odd feeling Williams might be a suprise cut, and replaced by hawkins, but i doubt it)
TE Davis, McDonald, Celek
T Staley, Davis, Snyder
G Iupati, Boone, Looney
C Goodwin, Kilgore
25 on O

DE Smith, McDonald, Dobbs, Jerod-Eddie
DT Williams, Dorsey
OLB Smith, Brooks, Lemonier, Johnson, Skuta
MLB Willis, Bowman, Wilhoite, Moody
CB Rogers, Brown, Asomugha, Cox, Brock
S Reid, Whitner, Dahl, Ventrone, Spillman
25 on D

K Dawson
P Lee
LS Jennings (Harbaugh said McDermott messed up on the missed FG snap last night)

Inactives
Daniels
James
Baldwin
Looney
Jerod-Eddie
Brock
Johnson
Robinson

But im not a GM or anything, HAHA
[ Edited by NinerFan408 on Aug 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Are you suggesting they're going to half-ass it to protect themselves for free agency? Right, because going half speed is a great way to get a big contract.

Manningham is a free agent next year--after this season; in 2014.

Crabtree is not a free agent next year. He will be a free agent in 2015.
Snyder may be inactive this first game due to injured hand. If they go into the game with one less OL and use Boone as the only back- up OT, it could create a scenario to use Hawkins as one of the 46 to play the opener, assuming he makes the final 53. This would allow Harbaugh to use him as a returner the first week to see what we've got in real games. Plus, LMJ was injured, although not serious. Harbaugh could use it as an excuse to use Hawkins for this first week without hurting LMJ's confidence.
[ Edited by 60sFan on Aug 30, 2013 at 8:59 AM ]
i dont think LMJ has earned the right to be active on gamedays
Originally posted by NinerFan408:

really??
Originally posted by buck:
Manningham is a free agent next year--after this season; in 2014.

Crabtree is not a free agent next year. He will be a free agent in 2015.

Right. And like I said, neither of them is going to half-ass it. Manningham especially has all the incentive in the world to come back this year and contribute.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

really??

yes really, on returns i have been more impressed with cox/hawkins
and as a RB i think Dixon is a better runner at this point, he is more of a leader and plays special teams coverage well
i just don't think he has the vision and dances waaaay too much behind the line
if he could learn to slow his mind down, he could be good.
yes really, on returns i have been more impressed with cox/hawkins
and as a RB i think Dixon is a better runner at this point, he is more of a leader and plays special teams coverage well
i just don't think he has the vision and dances waaaay too much behind the line
if he could learn to slow his mind down, he could be good.

PREseason.

LaMichael averaged 4.6 ypc and 5.9 ypc in the regular and postseason last year, respectively.

Anthony Dixon's career best is 3.7 ypc.
Here is my final 53......

QB Kaepernick, McCoy, Daniels
HB Gore, Hunter, Dixon, James
FB Miller
WR Boldin, Moore, Patton, Williams, Baldwin (I have an odd feeling Williams might be a suprise cut, and replaced by hawkins, but i doubt it)
TE Davis, McDonald, Celek
T Staley, Davis, Snyder
G Iupati, Boone, Looney
C Goodwin, Kilgore
25 on O

DE Smith, McDonald, Dobbs, Jerod-Eddie
DT Williams, Dorsey
OLB Smith, Brooks, Lemonier, Johnson, Skuta
MLB Willis, Bowman, Wilhoite, Moody
CB Rogers, Brown, Asomugha, Cox, Brock
S Reid, Whitner, Dahl, Ventrone, Robinson
25 on D

K Dawson
P Lee
LS Jennings (Harbaugh said McDermott messed up on the missed FG snap last night)

Inactives
Daniels
James
Baldwin
Looney
Jerod-Eddie
Brock
Johnson
Robinson

But im not a GM or anything, HAHA

why Ventrone, he hasnt done anything? NO way he makes it over Spillman.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
My final projection after the final preseason game, linked here, with salary sheet on NCH

I kept Cam Johnson, he had a great game, 2 sacks, and punt recovery TD in End Zone.

Kept Gray over Celek

Kept TJE and Tukuafu

Kept McDermott over Jennings, cost cutting move, I hate the idea, but It may be a reality tomorrow and Saturday.

Hall over Hawkins, mainly because I think they may bring Hawkins back after week 1, so they aren't forced to pay is entire salary guaranteed, this way e is cuttable, and be able to not eat salary. I would keep Hawkins, but with Manningham and Crabtree possibly coming back, we need to keep finances as a high priority.

Under my projection, we would have available this much cap room, $3,492,440. Not as much as I hoped. But the Haralson trade made sense then, and does more so now, it wasn't about Haralson not being a good backup, the 1.15M salary was too high, when Lemonier and Johnson are making league rook minimum. And Jennings, even at $940K, I deemed too much. I would love to keep Jennings, my hope is that a vet like Vernon comes in and says we need to keep the vet, and redoes his deal, and maybe gets extended in process, or Boldin does it, cuts his $6M salary in half, and exte
good call on Hawkins. I can see them cutting him now just to resign him after week one. That way when and if Crabtree and Manningham make it back they can cut him and his salary will not be guaranteed.
Those who before the game picked Cam, Kudos to you (I didn't), at this point real hard to keep him off.

Hawkins - Talent trumps behavior in the NFL. Also, Harbaugh can point to his improved behavior between game 3 & 4.

I don't see Osgood hanging on despite good work on ST.

LMJ - I think will be fine. I didn't find the blocking stellar on his behalf.

Celek - I would cut, but who am I? I think they keep.
[ Edited by OldJoe on Aug 30, 2013 at 10:09 AM ]
Battles Right Now:

5 or 6 WR's? - Hawkins vs Jacobs.....I think 6 and Hawkins
3 or 4 TE's? - Celek vs Gray..............I think 3 and Celek makes it. Like Gray better though.
6 or 7 DL? - Tukuafu vs Jerod-Eddie...I think we go 6 with Jerod-Eddie.
4 or 5 S? - Thomas vs Robinson........Not sure, could see only 4, could see 5... Could see Robinson could see Thomas
5 or 6 CB? - Cooper vs Morris............I think we go 5 CB, 5 S and Robinson or Thomas makes it over Cooper.
LS - McDermott vs Jennings..............Comes down to if we want to save money or not. Jennings better but 3 times the cost.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 30, 2013 at 10:09 AM ]
Frisco's 53 man prediction:

QB Kaepernick, Colt, BJ
RB Gore, Hunter, James, Dix, Miller
WR Boldin, Williams, Moore, Patton, Baldwin, Hawkins
TE VD. McDonald, Celek
T Staley, A.Davis
G Iupati, Boone, Snyder, Looney
C Goodwin, Kilgore

3-4 D
DE J.Smith, RayMac, Dobbs, TJE
NT Ian, Dorsey
OLB Aldon, Brooks, Cam, Lemonier, Skuta
ILB Willis, Bowman, Wilhoit, Moody
CB Rogers, Brown, Nmandi, Brock, Cox
S Reid, Whitner, Spillman, Dahl, Robinson

(The suprise I have is Robinson making it over Cooper/Morris)

K Dawson
P Lee
LS Jennings