There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

GUESS THE 53!!

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Only surprises in Branch's 53 are Osgood (who cares who the last WR is), Jerod-Eddie, and Cooper. Rest are just common sense.

Osgood was for bolstering special teams. Its not a surprise if he makes it.

But he would be activated because he would play on ST... our 5th WR wouldn't (probably Moore or Baldwin)

Only 46 can be activated on game day, correct? Who would that 46 be (with an emphasis on ST)?
My 46 man game day actives

1- QB Kaepernick
2- QB McCoy
3- RB Gore
4- RB Hunter
5- RB James
6- RB/FB Dixon
7- FB Miller
8- WR Boldin
9- WR Moore
10- WR Williams
11- WR Patton
12- TE Vernon
13- TE McDonald
14- C Goodwin
15- C/OG Kilgore
16- RG Boone
17- RG/OT Snyder
18- LG Iupati
19- LT Staley
20- RT Davis
21- DE Smith
22- DE McDonald
23- NT Williams
24- NT/DE Dorsey
25- OLB Smith
26- OLB Brooks
27- OLB Lemonier
28- OLB Skuta
29- ILB Willis
30- ILB Bowman
31- ILB Wilhoite
32- ILB Moody
33- CB Rogers
34- CB Brown
35- CB Nnamdi
36- CB Cox
37- FS Reid
38- SS Whitner
39- FS/SS Dahl
40- FS/SS Spillman
41- PK Dawson
42- P Lee
43- LS Jennings
44-
45-
46-

Inactive(47-53)
47- QB Daniels
48-
49-
50-
51-
52-
53-

As you can see I have 44 locks IMO. I'm stuck on the final 3 actives, and final 6 inactives.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
My 46 man game day actives

1- QB Kaepernick
2- QB McCoy
3- RB Gore
4- RB Hunter
5- RB James
6- RB/FB Dixon
7- FB Miller
8- WR Boldin
9- WR Moore
10- WR Williams
11- WR Patton
12- TE Vernon
13- TE McDonald
14- C Goodwin
15- C/OG Kilgore
16- RG Boone
17- RG/OT Snyder
18- LG Iupati
19- LT Staley
20- RT Davis
21- DE Smith
22- DE McDonald
23- NT Williams
24- NT/DE Dorsey
25- OLB Smith
26- OLB Brooks
27- OLB Lemonier
28- OLB Skuta
29- ILB Willis
30- ILB Bowman
31- ILB Wilhoite
32- ILB Moody
33- CB Rogers
34- CB Brown
35- CB Nnamdi
36- CB Cox
37- FS Reid
38- SS Whitner
39- FS/SS Dahl
40- FS/SS Spillman
41- PK Dawson
42- P Lee
43- LS Jennings
44-
45-
46-

Inactive(47-53)
47- QB Daniels
48-
49-
50-
51-
52-
53-

As you can see I have 44 locks IMO. I'm stuck on the final 3 actives, and final 6 inactives.

If Baldwin keeps progressing I would bet on him being active, also who ever is fifth corner has a good chance.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
My 46 man game day actives

1- QB Kaepernick
2- QB McCoy
3- RB Gore
4- RB Hunter
5- RB James
6- RB/FB Dixon
7- FB Miller
8- WR Boldin
9- WR Moore
10- WR Williams
11- WR Patton
12- TE Vernon
13- TE McDonald
14- C Goodwin
15- C/OG Kilgore
16- RG Boone
17- RG/OT Snyder
18- LG Iupati
19- LT Staley
20- RT Davis
21- DE Smith
22- DE McDonald
23- NT Williams
24- NT/DE Dorsey
25- OLB Smith
26- OLB Brooks
27- OLB Lemonier
28- OLB Skuta
29- ILB Willis
30- ILB Bowman
31- ILB Wilhoite
32- ILB Moody
33- CB Rogers
34- CB Brown
35- CB Nnamdi
36- CB Cox
37- FS Reid
38- SS Whitner
39- FS/SS Dahl
40- FS/SS Spillman
41- PK Dawson
42- P Lee
43- LS Jennings
44-
45-
46-

Inactive(47-53)
47- QB Daniels
48-
49-
50-
51-
52-
53-

As you can see I have 44 locks IMO. I'm stuck on the final 3 actives, and final 6 inactives.

Nice AB! You helped illustrate my point about keeping Osgood as the #6 for ST. The #5 WR may not even suite up. Man, Seely is going to have to sell his soul to get "his" guys even active. Duel-roles is even more critical.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
My 46 man game day actives

1- QB Kaepernick
2- QB McCoy
3- RB Gore
4- RB Hunter
5- RB James
6- RB/FB Dixon
7- FB Miller
8- WR Boldin
9- WR Moore
10- WR Williams
11- WR Patton
12- TE Vernon
13- TE McDonald
14- C Goodwin
15- C/OG Kilgore
16- RG Boone
17- RG/OT Snyder
18- LG Iupati
19- LT Staley
20- RT Davis
21- DE Smith
22- DE McDonald
23- NT Williams
24- NT/DE Dorsey
25- OLB Smith
26- OLB Brooks
27- OLB Lemonier
28- OLB Skuta
29- ILB Willis
30- ILB Bowman
31- ILB Wilhoite
32- ILB Moody
33- CB Rogers
34- CB Brown
35- CB Nnamdi
36- CB Cox
37- FS Reid
38- SS Whitner
39- FS/SS Dahl
40- FS/SS Spillman
41- PK Dawson
42- P Lee
43- LS Jennings
44-
45-
46-

Inactive(47-53)
47- QB Daniels
48-
49-
50-
51-
52-
53-

As you can see I have 44 locks IMO. I'm stuck on the final 3 actives, and final 6 inactives.

Nice AB! You helped illustrate my point about keeping Osgood as the #6 for ST. The #5 WR may not even suite up. Man, Seely is going to have to sell his soul to get "his" guys even active. Duel-roles is even more critical.

I figure the final 3 spots are a DE, TE, and WR or DB, whichever makes more sense ST wise.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I figure the final 3 spots are a DE, TE, and WR or DB, whichever makes more sense ST wise.

Well here are the boys on our coverage units (first wave); maybe this will be a hint: Coverage: *Reid, *Morris, **Osgood, **Dahl, Skuta, Dixon, Brock, **Robinson, *Moody, *Spillman, Johnson, Cox, Wilhoite, *Patton, et al.

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/174331-preseason-2013-week-thoughts-rewatching-game/page6/#bgsDjFeKkzuWAVf5.99
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I figure the final 3 spots are a DE, TE, and WR or DB, whichever makes more sense ST wise.

Well here are the boys on our coverage units (first wave); maybe this will be a hint: Coverage: *Reid, *Morris, **Osgood, **Dahl, Skuta, Dixon, Brock, **Robinson, *Moody, *Spillman, Johnson, Cox, Wilhoite, *Patton, et al.

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/174331-preseason-2013-week-thoughts-rewatching-game/page6/#bgsDjFeKkzuWAVf5.99

Of those, only Morris, Osgood & Robinson are not locks

Oh and I didnt have Brock, I think he makes it, but I am not a fan of him.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Aug 26, 2013 at 7:22 PM ]
If we only keep 5 receivers they would all be active... have we only activated 4 WRs in the past? Seems a little unrealistic considering the injury past we've had.
Originally posted by 5280High:
If we only keep 5 receivers they would all be active... have we only activated 4 WRs in the past? Seems a little unrealistic considering the injury past we've had.

We use 2-TE sets... not necessary to have 5 active WR's.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by 5280High:
If we only keep 5 receivers they would all be active... have we only activated 4 WRs in the past? Seems a little unrealistic considering the injury past we've had.

We use 2-TE sets... not necessary to have 5 active WR's.

Yeah I got that, but the offense molds into whatever Harbaugh and Roman want to run on that sunday. Doesnt answer the question though, do we activate 4 or 5 receivers on game day? 4 seems too light, one injury and youre down to 3 receivers for the rest of the game. Pretty sure they activated 5 in the past with Jenkins as the 6th not dressing.
Here are 53-man projections from Writers that I saw.

Eric Branch

Niners Nation (David Fucillo)

Matt Maiocco

Christian Gin
Originally posted by 5280High:
If we only keep 5 receivers they would all be active... have we only activated 4 WRs in the past? Seems a little unrealistic considering the injury past we've had.

I think in past we had only 4, maybe a 5th if he brought ST value. Last yr was 5 every game, mainly cause of Ginn and Williams, for returns.
Originally posted by Burnzie88:
Here are 53-man projections from Writers that I saw.

Eric Branch

Niners Nation (David Fucillo)

Matt Maiocco

Christian Gin

I'll have mine up after 4 eastern tomorrow when cuts are announced.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Nice AB! You helped illustrate my point about keeping Osgood as the #6 for ST. The #5 WR may not even suite up. Man, Seely is going to have to sell his soul to get "his" guys even active. Duel-roles is even more critical.
en garde!
With Haralson gone will be interesting to see if we still keep 5 OLB or 4. Brooks, Smith, Lemonier, Skuta, Cam Johnson? Good luck predicting our roster. Probably more surprises on the way.