• KK49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sspiker:
QB (3): Kap, McCoy, Daniels
RB (4): Gore, Hunter, LMJ, Dixon
FB (1): Miller
WR (6): Boldin, Williams, Jenkins, Patton, Lockette
TE (3): Davis, McDonald, Celek
OL (9): Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Boone, Davis, Kilgore, Looney, Snyder, Bykowski

DL (6): Smith, McDonald, Williams, Dorsey, Tank, Dial
OLB (5): Smith, Brooks, Haralson, Lemonier, Skuta
ILB (4): Willis, Bowman, Moody, Wilhoite
CB (6): Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Asamough, Cox, Brock
S (4): Whitner, Reid, Dahl, Spillman

ST (3): Dawson, Lee, Jennings

Inactive: Daniels, Jenkins, Celek, Looney, Bykowski, Tank, Dahl

Cuts: Tolzein, Hampton, Osgood, Moore, Hall, Gray, Marquadt, Dobbs, Tukuafu, Johnson, McBath, Robinson

one of Osgood, Moore or Hall will stay... Gray and Marquadt will be on PS at least,,, and AB83 said it best...... PLZZZ no Brock,, .. it will be nice if they keep Robinson instead of him
Originally posted by KK49:
i just noticed u didnt include Cam Johnson ... u think he will last if moved to PS ( i dont) too bad we have to keep Skuta only coz he s good special team player.
may be we can keep both. Dont teams have like a player or 2 that do only one thing - play on special teams. anyways. I think Cam is worth to be on the team.

I can totally see 9 LBs, and just 6 DL and 8 OL to start 2013.

I like Cam, so maybe as 9th, or over Moody, and move Skuta back to inside.
Might be time to rework those CB charts....waiting for the official word, but bump Cooper or Brock to #5.
[ Edited by DRUSTOPO on Aug 1, 2013 at 2:14 PM ]
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Might be time to rework those CB charts....waiting for the official word, but bump Cooper or Brock to #5.

And WR issues as well...

Offense: (25)
QB (3): Colin Kaepernick, Colt McCoy and Scott Tolzien - Note: B.J. Daniels goes to the PS.
RB (3): Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James; Marcus Lattimore (PUP) - Note: Don't count Jewel Hampton out!
FB (2): Bruce Miller and Jason Scheplar - Note: Anthony Dixon is finally cut.
WR (5): X = A.J. Jenkins/Ricardo Lockette Y = Quinton Patton/Kyle Williams Z = Anquan Boldin; Mario Manningham & Michael Crabtree (PUP) - Note: Marlon Moore may have an edge at the moment. None of the following veterans make it: Kassim Osgood, Lavelle Hawkins or Austin Collie.
TE (3): Vernon Davis, Vance McDonald and MarQueis Gray (H-back) - Note: Garrett Celek may have an edge at the moment.
OT (4): Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, Adam Snyder and Al Netter; Luke Marquardt (PUP)
OG (3): Mike Iupati, Alex Boone and Joe Looney
C (2): Jonathan Goodwin and Daniel Kilgore (Joe Looney) - Note: Jonathan Goodwin may end up getting cut or restructures his contract for a backup role if both Kilgore/Looney excel here.

Defense: (25)
DE (4): Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, Quinton Dial and Lawrence Okoye; Tank Carradine (PUP) - Note: Demarcus Dobbs may have an edge at the moment.
NT (3): Glenn Dorsey, Ian Williams and Lamar Divens - Note: Lamar Divens may be cut if Dial proves to be able to play both NT and LDE effectively opening up another roster spot.
OLB (4): Aldon Smith, Ahmad Brooks, Corey Lemonier and Cameron Johnson - Note: Parys Haralson is cut d/t the development of Cameron Johnson.
ILB (4): Patrick Willis, NaVorro Bowman, Dan Skuta and Nick Moody - Note: Michael Wilhoite may have an edge at the moment and Dan Skuta is moved back inside d/t the Fleming injury.
CB (5): Tarell Brown, Nnamdi Asomugha, Carlos Rogers, Perrish Cox and Marcus Cooper; Chris Culliver (PUP) - Note: Tramaine Brock may have an edge at the moment. Darryl Morris goes to the PS.
S (5): Donte Whitner, Eric Reid, Craig Dahl, C.J. Spillman and Trenton Robinson

Special Teams: (3)
PK: Phil Dawson
P: Andy Lee
LS: Kevin McDermott - Note: Brian Jennings (aka God) may have an edge at the moment.

Read more on post #245 at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/171861-team-needs-updates/page17/#ZleqrxqLo5hXlgvD.99
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 5, 2013 at 9:56 AM ]
"Note: Marlon Moore may have an edge at the moment. None of the following veterans make it: Kassim Osgood, Lavelle Hawkins or Austin Collie.Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/173235-guess-the-53/page21/#sp1qHhWBg4ts2EXj.99"

I understand your need to bring along the younger players, but the Niners are in win now mode.

AJ Jenkins- Zero catches
Kyle Williams- cannot stay healthy
Manningham- see above
Lockette- one catch in NFL career.

Mark my word, Austin Collie will make the roster and get more catches than all 4 above combined for 2013.

Starters- Boldin, gulp Lockette, slot Collie.
Originally posted by 9erred:
"Note: Marlon Moore may have an edge at the moment. None of the following veterans make it: Kassim Osgood, Lavelle Hawkins or Austin Collie.Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/173235-guess-the-53/page21/#sp1qHhWBg4ts2EXj.99"

I understand your need to bring along the younger players, but the Niners are in win now mode.

AJ Jenkins- Zero catches
Manningham- see above

Mark my word, Austin Collie will make the roster and get more catches than all 4 above combined for 2013.

I love that part of your evidence that collie will have so many receptions is because the wrs in front of him "can't stay healthy".
My early guess..

QB - Kaepernick, McCoy, Tolzien
RB - Gore, Hunter, LMJ, Dixon, Miller
TE - Davis, McDonald, Celek
WR - Boldin, Jenkins, Patton, Williams, Lockette, M.Moore
OL - Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Boone, A.Davis, Kilgore, Snyder, Looney

DL - J.Smith, McDonald, Dobbs, Tukuafu, I.Williams, Dorsey
OLB - Aldon, Brooks, Haralson, Lemonier
ILB - Willis, Bowman, Wilhoite, Skuta (ILB/OLB)
CB - Rogers, Brown, Asomugha, Brock, Cox
S - Reid, Whitner, Dahl, Spillman, McBath

ST - Dawson, Lee, Jennings

-------------------------------------------

PUP LIST: Manningham, Crabtree, Carradine, Dial, Lattimore, Marquardt // IR: Culliver, Fleming

PRACTICE SQUAD: LB Moody, LB Cam Johnson, S Trenton Robinson, CB Daryl Morris, CB Cooper, DL Okoye, DL Purcell, OT Bykowski

Explanation: We leave the roster at 52 in case we want to make a claim on someone we really like. When Manningham is healthy, he replaces the worst performing WR who is cut. When Carradine and Dial are healthy, one of the two replaces Tukuafu, and another bumps us up to 53 on the roster. This is all unless there are injuries, in which case these players being activated off the PUP would replace the injured players on the 53.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
My early guess..

PUP LIST: Manningham, Crabtree, Carradine, Dial, Lattimore, Marquardt // IR: Culliver, Fleming

PRACTICE SQUAD: LB Moody, LB Cam Johnson, S Trenton Robinson, CB Daryl Morris, CB Cooper, DL Okoye, DL Purcell, OT Bykowski

Explanation: We leave the roster at 52 in case we want to make a claim on someone we really like. When Manningham is healthy, he replaces the worst performing WR who is cut. When Carradine and Dial are healthy, one of the two replaces Tukuafu, and another bumps us up to 53 on the roster. This is all unless there are injuries, in which case these players being activated off the PUP would replace the injured players on the 53.

Hey OTC...

I see BJ Daniels beating out Tolzien because Daniels can provide some additional usefulness as a reserve WR/RB and potentially ST, where I see Tolzien as a poor-man's Colt McCoy.

I also think that Osgood's size alone as a RZ target will buy him onto the team
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
My early guess..

Hey OTC...

I see BJ Daniels beating out Tolzien because Daniels can provide some additional usefulness as a reserve WR/RB and potentially ST, where I see Tolzien as a poor-man's Colt McCoy.

I've been flip-flopping back and forth. The key word in my post is "early guess" because I'll have to see them play in the games. Tolzien's practice reports haven't been great, but the game play is going to be a lot more important. I fully agree that Daniels' versatility gives him more value. And in my opinion, if it were me, I'd give him the spot because I think he has more upside and we should not be expecting to see the 3rd QB in action any time this season (I sure hope not).

Osgood is going to have to really impress at WR and ST to stick. Moore's ability as a gunner could really hurt Osgood's chances and he seems to be making plays in practice at WR. I really don't see them letting Osgood see the field in RZ situations. His size alone in my opinion isn't enough for them to throw a guy in the RZ package. If they want a big guy out there, put in the 6-5 Vance McDonald who makes it even harder for the defense to know if it's a run or pass because he can be used as a blocker, especially in short yardage. Would be tough for a corner to cover that.
My early guess..

That's pretty good. I think we'll keep Okoye on the 53 because he impresses enough this preseason to make it too risky passing him through waivers. I think that comes at the expense of Tukuafu. I think Manningham does not start on PUP and takes either Moore or Lockette's spot. I think we lose McBath in favor of an extra O-lineman (whoever impresses the most). I also think Skuta might be ousted by Moody.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
My early guess..

Hey OTC...

I've been flip-flopping back and forth. The key word in my post is "early guess" because I'll have to see them play in the games. Tolzien's practice reports haven't been great, but the game play is going to be a lot more important. I fully agree that Daniels' versatility gives him more value. And in my opinion, if it were me, I'd give him the spot because I think he has more upside and we should not be expecting to see the 3rd QB in action any time this season (I sure hope not).

Osgood is going to have to really impress at WR and ST to stick. Moore's ability as a gunner could really hurt Osgood's chances and he seems to be making plays in practice at WR. I really don't see them letting Osgood see the field in RZ situations. His size alone in my opinion isn't enough for them to throw a guy in the RZ package. If they want a big guy out there, put in the 6-5 Vance McDonald who makes it even harder for the defense to know if it's a run or pass because he can be used as a blocker, especially in short yardage. Would be tough for a corner to cover that.

Ya, I didn't think about McDonald... like you said, it'll come down to who has more value on ST
Originally posted by 9erred:

AJ Jenkins- Zero catches
Manningham- see above

I hear ya...too early to tell about Collie but that very well may end up being the case. He could be a dynamic slot WR for us!
Originally posted by AmpLee:
My early guess..

That's pretty good. I think we'll keep Okoye on the 53 because he impresses enough this preseason to make it too risky passing him through waivers. I think that comes at the expense of Tukuafu. I think Manningham does not start on PUP and takes either Moore or Lockette's spot. I think we lose McBath in favor of an extra O-lineman (whoever impresses the most). I also think Skuta might be ousted by Moody.

I don't think Skuta is going anywhere -- The 49ers signed him for a reason. 1) He has played every position in the 3-4 defense, so he provides not only versatility but depth. And secondly, he is a special teams stalwart. Wilhoite was OK in limited action last year strictly on STs (5 games), but he is still developing and PS eligible. With that said, I think they stash him on the PS again like last season and call him up if needed, taking the more versatile, more experienced ST standout instead.
Hearing a lot of good about Lowell Rose and Ricardo Lockette lately.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
My early guess..

I don't think Skuta is going anywhere -- The 49ers signed him for a reason. 1) He has played every position in the 3-4 defense, so he provides not only versatility but depth. And secondly, he is a special teams stalwart. Wilhoite was OK in limited action last year strictly on STs (5 games), but he is still developing and PS eligible. With that said, I think they stash him on the PS again like last season and call him up if needed, taking the more versatile, more experienced ST standout instead.

I would tend to agree, but I just haven't heard much from Skuta this offseason. There have been heaps of praise written about Wilhoite and some pretty encouraging stuff from Moody. In fact, Moody and Wilhoite are currently our leading backups at ILB, while Skuta is practicing at OLB. That's not encouraging news for Skuta who faces tough competition from a number of players trying to backup that position (Cam Johnson, Lemonier, Parys). Cam Johnson has also had a lot of praise thrown his way. I just don't think he's close to a shoe in with the amount of players able to play those positions and contribute on ST as well.