Originally posted by NCommand:
Sticking with it for now...post #245, edited here (page 17): http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/171861-team-needs-updates/page17/
So far many of the moves and injuried haven't affected my 53.
- QB: Via the media, it "appears" McCoy is ahead of Tolzien but we'll see when the pads come on and in real-game situations how much Colt has really picked up. It also aapears B.J. McDaniels is a lock for multiple positions for the #3
- WR (5): X = A.J. Jenkins/Ricardo Lockette Y = Quinton Patton/Kyle Williams Z = Anquan Boldin; Mario Manningham & Michael Crabtree (PUP) - Kassim Osgood, Marlon Moore and Brandon Carswell are all right on that bubble. Unless any of these guys can add more than just ST ability, I don't know where we can realistically find room for them without cutting true position backups.
- C/OG: Still not sure if Kilgore or Looney is ahead as the main competition for Goodwin at C - still an outside chance one beats Goodwin out (despite the restructure) and Goodwin is a late cut with the other guy backing him up.
- OLB (4): Aldon Smith, Ahmad Brooks, Corey Lemonier and Cam Johnson - Parys Haralson and Darius Fleming are gone IMHO despite the glowing reports about Haralson at this stage. But Cam eventually shows he can seal the edge well AND pass rush making Haralson expendable...younger, cheaper, more athletic and more upside.
- CB (5): Tarell Brown, Nnamdi Asomugha, Chris Culliver, Carlos Rogers and Marcus Cooper - Tramaine Brock, Perrish Cox, Lowell Rose and Darryl Morris are gone. Rogers restructures his contract after losing out to Nnamdi and Rose and Morris are stashed on the PS. Baalke wants bigger now...he got it in CB/depth and with Reid.
- LS: Kevin McDermott - Brian Jennings is gone and NT implodes!
We could go all day bud, still think the vet Jennings is best bet at LS. Keep McDermott on PS. Haralson is a bubble guy, Cam I want over Parys. Haralson has lost a step IMO. He wasn't a pass rush threat in 2011.
McCoy and Daniels are 2 and 3 on QB spot
I think Osgood makes it based on STs.
Goodwin is more a lock now then before.
Should be a fun offseason camp, gonna get heated up soon.